GDT: Game 10: TML at CBJ | 7pm EST | Nationwide Infirmary

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
injuries suck, but it's disturbing that not a soul has taken the opportunity to step up

Idk, I see the first line of Joey, Cam, and HArtnell doing all they can do. They're at least trying. Other than that, I agree

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
yeah, I meant guys like Wennberg, Dano, Chaput, Skille, etc.

Yeah, although of those guys I do think Dano looks good. He's at least doing other things. Skille just flies down the wing and shoots, Chaput hustles but does little else, Wennberg just looks overmatched. He only won 2 of 13 draws

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
speaking of which:

Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 48s48 seconds ago
#CBJ C Alexander Wennberg was 2 of 13 in the faceoff circle tonight.

beat me to it

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
...but we've got organizational depth...or maybe not. I know there are a lot of Boll fanboys around here, but he is an absolute waste of a roster spot. Part of his job is to try to swing the momentum of game with a fight, big hit, something and as of late, we get nothing. Him and Cracknell on the same line is a bad combo. This is going to be a sad month watching their season slowly get out of hand.

I agree with some of your assessments on the defense, it has been subpar. Erixon might have been our best d-man tonight.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Can't believe we're talking about Boll.

Overall, I thought we hung in there. Some mistakes to be expected. On to the next one.

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
Tyutin was doing his best haunted house impression this Halloween. I was terrified everytime he touched the puck.

Fedor Tyutin was giving away king sized hockey pucks today.

Hey Halloween jokes anyone?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 53s53 seconds ago

Richards said "it's a possibility" that Anton Forsberg starts tomorrow night in New Jersey. #CBJ

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
...but we've got organizational depth...or maybe not. I know there are a lot of Boll fanboys around here, but he is an absolute waste of a roster spot. Part of his job is to try to swing the momentum of game with a fight, big hit, something and as of late, we get nothing. Him and Cracknell on the same line is a bad combo. This is going to be a sad month watching their season slowly get out of hand.

I agree with some of your assessments on the defense, it has been subpar. Erixon might have been our best d-man tonight.

Agree.... Erixon was good and so was Joey..... two dog house boys.... :shakehead

Boll is a waste, but since there isn't any depth better than Boll may as well play him

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Joey was not good. At best mediocre. His one point was due to Cam's effort, not Joey's. In my mind Joey's lack of effort along with CMac's lack of talent were the two biggest problems we had tonite. Cam and Hartnell worked hard. Dano worked hard. Everyone else played pretty much as expected. There is a reason Chaput is a fourth line center. And there is a reason Wennberg should be in the AHL. CMAC was terrible.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
What's that smell. It's the odor from Nationwide Arena tonight. What a stinker.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
Joey was not good. At best mediocre. His one point was due to Cam's effort, not Joey's. In my mind Joey's lack of effort along with CMac's lack of talent were the two biggest problems we had tonite. Cam and Hartnell worked hard. Dano worked hard. Everyone else played pretty much as expected. There is a reason Chaput is a fourth line center. And there is a reason Wennberg should be in the AHL. CMAC was terrible.

Joey also had Dion Phanuef hanging on his back all night. I didn't have issue with Joey. Toronto did exactly what I thought they'd do. Shut down the top line and there's no one else capable of scoring.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Predictable result tonight.

Really peeved at Erixon for how bad that pinch was. Prout did absolutely nothing to make up for it with that horrible 2v1 coverage.

Murray had a tough night.

Gameplan: 1. Give puck to Joey
2. Hope Joey does something.

McElhinney was, well, he was what he is. May as well play Anton in my opinion.

I wanted to jump through the radio and choke JJ tonight. How anyone thinks that guy is a leader is beyond me. We get embarrassed in our own building by the freaking Maple Leafs and you could still here that stupid tone and envision that damn smirk of his. Anyone who say the phrase "Sometimes that's the way it goes in sports" is assuredly not a leader. We need Dubi and Boone back as soon as possible.

Really not expecting anything better tomorrow night, we literally have no one and nothing in our favor, and the most aggravating part of all is only a handful a guys even have the work ethic even remotely dialed up. Going to be a long few weeks.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think I'm just gonna ignore everyone's comments until we get Anisimov, Jenner and at least Letestu or Bob back. No depth? Depth is when 2 or 3 guys go down. Which we have. But when you have two whole lines and your #1 goalie go down you're going to struggle. Absolutely no team could handle this amount of injuries, no team is built to handle a situation like this. Dano and Wennberg were on the roster because Dubinsky and Jenner were hurt. In all reality only one of the three(Chaput, Dano and Wennberg) should've made the opening roster, and they are all seeing top 6 roles. The season is not in jeopardy, at least no yet. I'm not gonna be worried until the end of November and we're still losing.

I will say, it's VERY hard to watch games like tonight's. It's obvious Joey can't do it by himself every single night, he needs someone else (Dubinsky, Anisimov) to take over a game now and then. He's still young and a star, but he still needs help carrying the load.

Edit: to add the the depth thing. We started the season relying on our depth. Anisimov, Letestu and Calvert are our depth players. Having the luxury of them being on the 3rd and 4th line is just that, a luxury.

Last edited:

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Tyutin was doing his best haunted house impression this Halloween. I was terrified everytime he touched the puck.

Fedor Tyutin was giving away king sized hockey pucks today.

Hey Halloween jokes anyone?

Rimer and Jody were talking about how he's been the team's most consistently solid dman. :laugh:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I think I'm just gonna ignore everyone's comments until we get Anisimov, Jenner and at least Letestu or Bob back. No depth? Depth is when 2 or 3 guys go down. Which we have. But when you have two whole lines and your #1 goalie go down you're going to struggle. Absolutely no team could handle this amount of injuries, no team is built to handle a situation like this. Dano and Wennberg were on the roster because Dubinsky and Jenner were hurt. In all reality only one of the three(Chaput, Dano and Wennberg) should've made the opening roster, and they are all seeing top 6 roles. The season is not in jeopardy, at least no yet. I'm not gonna be worried until the end of November and we're still losing.

I will say, it's VERY hard to watch games like tonight's. It's obvious Joey can't do it by himself every single night, he needs someone else (Dubinsky, Anisimov) to take over a game now and then. He's still young and a star, but he still needs help carrying the load.

Edit: to add the the depth thing. We started the season relying on our depth. Anisimov, Letestu and Calvert are our depth players. Having the luxury of them being on the 3rd and 4th line is just that, a luxury.

I agree with this.

I didn't see the game, but I'm also going to take everyone's comments about work ethic with a grain of salt. It's hard to look like you're trying when other things aren't going well -- passes arriving late, teammates out of position, etc.. Which is what you expect from an AHL squad.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I watched the 3rd goal and I think Erixon should have pinched there. He had Dano to cover for him. When you're down 2 goals in the 3rd period that's not even a borderline case, go for it and keep control of the play.

The problem was that Dano was the man to cover him, which Dano started to do, but he let Kessel get past him. I can't tell if Dano didn't notice Kessel or if (more likely) he wanted to provide close puck support and was caught in no man's land.

Prout ideally didn't want to get turned around backwards there, but Kessel can do that to any d-man.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
In the NHL no team is ever healthy, we're dealing with depth issues right now, that's the better answer...

Yep.... as I've done for over a decade...

The better answer is that you're being intentionally obtuse or perhaps you live in la la land. There is nothing typical about the CBJ's current situation and very little of it has anything to do with 'depth'. There is no team in the league that can field two competitive NHL teams - which is what you seem to expect from this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00