Foligno-Wennberg-Skille
Dano-Chaput-Tropp
Collins/Cracknell-Gibbons-Boll

Johnson-Prout
Murray-Savard
Goloubef-Erixon

McElhinney
Forsberg

Toronto Notes (h/t Budsman on Leafs board)

David Alter @dalter
#Leafs D at practice: Phaneuf-Franson, Rielly-Polak, Gardiner-Robidas #TMLtalk

Rob Longley @longleysunsport
Here at Thursday practice, #Leafs sticking with the lines that worked in Tuesday's shutout of the #Sabres

Those #Leafs lines are: Lupul-Kadri-Kessel, JVR-Bozak-Clarkson, Komarov-Santorelli-Winnik and a mashup 4th - Frattin-Holland-Panik-Ashton.

Also notable for David Clarkson - the shield protecting his broken orbital bone has been removed. #Leafs

Matchup-Box%20leafs%201031.png

Last edited:

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
CBJ Keys from morning skate

MORNING SKATE UPDATES
* The Blue Jackets skated with the same line combinations as yesterday's practice, with Brian Gibbons and Sean Collins rotating on the fourth line with Jared Boll and Adam Cracknell.

*There was a switch in the defense pairings, as Tim Erixon took reps with Dalton Prout and Jack Johnson skated with Fedor Tyutin. Cody Goloubef rotated in with Tyutin and Johnson and appears the likely candidate to be scratched tonight.

*Curtis McElhinney was in the home net and appears to have the start in goal tonight.

*Boone Jenner skated for the fourth straight practice, but did not participate in line rushes with the team. He did take part in light shooting drills before practice with assistant coach Brad Larsen, and some full-ice shooting drills later in practice.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Reverse psychology today.

Frattin with the game winner-points towards Jarmo as if to say...

:help: Jackets need it

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I like the D if this is where Richards is going:

Murray - Savard
Tyutin - Jack
Erixon - Prout

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Rob Mixer ‏@RobMixer 18s19 seconds ago
#CBJ RT @reporterchris: It looks like Jonathan Bernier gets the start for the #leafs in Columbus tonight.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

So that line is gonna see like 8 minutes tonight right? The first two lines look really solid..and I like Prouts physical game, but he tries to do too much. And the thought of having a Erixon next to him.. :facepalm:

And I have no idea what TWSS means :laugh:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
So that line is gonna see like 8 minutes tonight right? The first two lines look really solid..and I like Prouts physical game, but he tries to do too much. And the thought of having a Erixon next to him.. :facepalm:

Neither do I.

Re: D pairs. You gotta have a third pair, right? If you like the top 2, then don't mess 'em up.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
TWSS - That's What She Said? dunno for sure but if fits...(opens door for further puns?)

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I'm not sure what to expect tonight. I guess I'll just root with low expectations.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
If we win, it should be considered a makeup gift from the Hockey gods.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
A ninth player, left wing Nick Foligno, likely will return after missing the Ottawa game because of a stiff neck sustained in a collision Sunday against the Los Angeles Kings. He was to be evaluated after the morning skate Friday but is anxious to return against Toronto.

"There's soreness in my neck," he said. "I don’t have all movement and functionality yet. When I'm out there I don't feel like it's hurting my game; just deal with the pain and get ready."

Foligno knows the Blue Jackets, losers of three straight, are desperate for veteran players because so many of his teammates are missing.

"No one's going to feel sorry for us," he said. "We've got to find ways to get some wins here. We're in a tough stretch. We're a hard-working team. When you start to see us struggling, for some reason that [hard work] has gone away and we tried to cheat offensively. It's getting back to those basics."

Status report: If Foligno isn't medically cleared to play, then Gibbons, also recalled Thursday from Springfield, will take his spot. … Because the Blue Jackets are without three centers, Foligno volunteered to play there, as he did in junior hockey and occasionally for the Ottawa Senators under current Blue Jackets assistant coach Craig Hartsburg.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2014020148&navid=sb:preview&intcmpid=sb-preview

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Erixon-Prout might be complementary - I can see them helping to minimize each other's weaknesses - Erixon not being strong enough and Prout not moving the puck well. Prout can separate the puck carrier from the puck and Erixon can take care of the puck movement.

Lightningbolt

Oct 24, 2014
Guys seriously why is boll playing again. Why doesn't the coach just healthy scratch him. It would be better to play one of our Springfield guys. Literally all I have see boll doing this season is just getting into pointless fights and in the penalty box. He isn't doing anything on the offensive end in terms of passing, or creating energy. I mean that fourth line apart from gibbons is just awful

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Erixon-Prout might be complementary - I can see them helping to minimize each other's weaknesses - Erixon not being strong enough and Prout not moving the puck well. Prout can separate the puck carrier from the puck and Erixon can take care of the puck movement.

It's not often both guys are on the same guy, especially along the boards, and if they are one of them is doing something wrong.

But I guess we'll see tonight, Toronto is the perfect team to try it on! :laugh:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It's not often both guys are on the same guy, especially along the boards, and if they are one of them is doing something wrong.

But I guess we'll see tonight, Toronto is the perfect team to try it on! :laugh:

I don't mean against one guy, I mean against a whole cycle.
What we saw with Wiz-Erixon is that other teams had some long cycles where neither Wiz or Erixon was strong enough to stand someone up and break up the cycle. Prout can do that. But then he'll just pass it back to the other team in the neutral zone! So you need a better passer like Erixon who can jumpstart the rush.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad