GDT: Game 10 | Tampa @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
The second period was bad. But I didn't recognize the team in the third. Especially the Voronkov -- Sillinger -- Marchenko line played great. Just a shame about Bean's own goal. PP would have been pretty good, if only the shots were better.

Pri may Gudbranson illustrates what makes a good coach.

Last edited:

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Let's hope this is the start of a solid November.

Goalies are doing their job, we're snakebitten but soon we will start scoring. We just need a full 60 minute effort.

However... if Bally Sports is screwing up again Saturday I'm probably going to cancel, two games in a row where I pretty much miss the first period is not acceptable. Ugh.

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
Middle 30 mins were bad but they did a great job bouncing back. Gudbranson has actually been quite serviceable this season. Kinda love Marchenko and Vronk together but I think they need a strong skater with them. Fantilli would be super fun with those two

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Very impressed by the effort and result tonight. Tampa is one year removed from three straight cup final appearances and they have the same core. Beating a team with all the names on the lightning is a big feather in the cap for a young team like the Blue jackets.

Elvis played great. The two goals against were unlucky. I suppose the only thing that would be a negative is the time of possession which it last glance at the scoreboard was 59% Tampa 41% Blue jackets. On that note it's nice to see that there is a real time of possession metric now as opposed to the proxy of the corsi which I always thought was suspect

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
The next step for this team is to start gaining some consistency. They need to build on these wins and move forward. It's gonna be a rough season because this team is going to be very Jekyll and Hyde...

Reactions: Fred Glover

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Serious question
would Laine really make that big of a difference?
Do you think winning in one game means they won't? Fantilli's line didn't work. Goals were scored at 5-5 by the Sillinger line, defenseman Gudbranson and Jenner thanks to some excellent screening. The forwards' passing weren't ideal. Besides, don't forget how many potential goals Elvis saved.

Reactions: majormajor

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
He can figure it out in Cleveland.

Most likely KJ is just lacking confidence right now. Some AHL domination might be what he needs the most.
Would prefer this. Bring up Chinny, give KJ time to figure some shit out and stop over thinking/trying to do too much.

Reactions: majormajor

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
Provorov has 8 points in 10 games.

he’s on pace for 65 points in an 82 game season. those 65 points would absolutely be a career high. his career high in a season is 41 points. #resurgence
How many points does he need before he's on the 1st unit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad