GDT: Game 10 | Tampa @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

Bobcat205

addicted to the grind
Sep 22, 2023
your local KFC
Jonas Johansson has been off to a much stronger start than anyone expected. All we can hope for is for something to gel offensively better than the last couple of games.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Jonas Johansson has been off to a much stronger start than anyone expected. All we can hope for is for something to gel offensively better than the last couple of games.
Who needs Vasilevsky. Damn.

I hope they play him with Jenner and Gaudreau, despite some struggles, I think it’s best combination Marchenko and Gaudreau have had this season

Reactions: Doggy

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
i hate that Jon Cooper is trying to get his team fired up!
" play for Tomkins, he went to school here "

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Who needs Vasilevsky. Damn.

I hope they play him with Jenner and Gaudreau, despite some struggles, I think it’s best combination Marchenko and Gaudreau have had this season
And that line really clicked last season.

Reactions: Napoli

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I'm curious to see if Gaudreau will start playing like an over $9,000,000 player, or if he'll continue like the 3rd line-level player.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'm curious to see if Gaudreau will start playing like an over $9,000,000 player, or if he'll continue like the 3rd line-level player.
He's been fine. He's very much like Laine in the sense that he'll go a few games without many points and then have multiple multipoint games and by the end of the season he'll be over a PPG. His play on ice hasn't been bad.

Reactions: LJ7 and Monk

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
To be fair that is a lot less considering the inflation in past years. I'm always finding the silver linings

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
He's been fine. He's very much like Laine in the sense that he'll go a few games without many points and then have multiple multipoint games and by the end of the season he'll be over a PPG. His play on ice hasn't been bad.
If Marchenko, Johnson, Roslovic or Sillinger played like him, the opinion would be different. But Gaudreau is forgiven a lot of things. And I'm not talking about his points.

By the way, a player can have more than 1 PPG, but if the points aren't in important situations where the fate of the game is being decided, they're about as important as yesterday's snow in Chile.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
If Marchenko, Johnson, Roslovic or Sillinger played like him, the opinion would be different. But Gaudreau is forgiven a lot of things. And I'm not talking about his points.

By the way, a player can have more than 1 PPG, but if the points aren't in important situations where the fate of the game is being decided, they're about as important as yesterday's snow in Chile.
If the others looked as good on the ice and the on ice numbers support the eye test we wouldn't be complaining and applauding them saying it's only a matter of time before the numbers start piling up. Johnny is fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monk

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

He's been a topline caliber player in all but a couple games this year. Constantly creating plays. The chances are there.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
He's been a topline caliber player in all but a couple games this year. Constantly creating plays. The chances are there.

by “constantly creating plays”, you mean skating around the offensive zone behind the net and then aimlessly throwing the puck net front to no one there… sure.

oh and he also has the 2nd worst xGA, only tex has worse numbers there. while he does have one of the highest xGF totals on the team (which isn’t much compared to other top line forwards across the league).. he’s been a liability in the defensive zone/when the puck isn’t on his stick. the xGA numbers that he’s posted back that statement up.

he needs to be better, period. how someone can argue against that is appalling/has super low expectations for said star player.

Reactions: VT

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
1000001570.jpg

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Feeling like teams of old where you don’t know what you’ll get… Hoping for a more complete team effort tonight

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
They will either some how miracously win with a complete team effort or get destroyed 6 to 2 or something ugly.

I'm excited to see KJ play with some real talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad