GDT: Game 10 | Tampa @ Columbus | 7 PM EST

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Werenski will play PP1 even if hoes were falling from the sky. He's a protected player in this. So we can forget about reassigning him. That's the end of it.
I am not a big proponent of moving Werenski off of PP1. But I do find this line of thinking interesting.

I agree that this is how the team will operate but I disagree with it in idea. PP1 is not a reward. It shouldn't be given out because someone is having a good game, had a good practice, or signed a big contract. It should be viewed for what it is - a special teams unit just like the PK.

It should be drilled in practice and be something that players specialize in just like being a PKer.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Right so the question is, while are all the guys who ARE experienced still making basic mistakes?

I can excuse the kids, they are developing in spots they probably shouldn't be but the vets? They need to step up and drive the play. I guess that's tough when you basically have Johnny and Laine as your only two impact forwards.

This also reverts back to Jarmo's construction of this team.
Fond free TOP 6 center in the best years and not veterans like Lindholm. Or TOP d-men. Jarmo get Werenski and Jones. But others... staff didn't want to tank like Devils (Hischier, Hughes, Hughes, Nemec) or Colorado (Mackinnon, Makar), Toronto (Matthews, Marner), Florida (Barkov), Edmonton (McDavid, Dreisaitl), Buffalo (Dahlin, Power) etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad