GDT: GAME #10: LEAFS @ JETS | Wed, Oct 24 @ 7PM ET | Bell MTS Place | SN1, SN360,NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Meh, not sure I really get this attitude and I've seen it quite often. Leafs are one of the best teams in the league, and people should be expecting a win every game, this isn't 2010 anymore.
Leafs also have a worse record than Montreal and just one more win than Buffalo. that's not a slight, but more of an indication that teams in this league are super close, and anyone can win on a given night. Except for Detroit probably

Last edited:

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Winnipeg is a great team. this will be a good challenge for the Leafs. they have to be so much better if they want to win this

The Leafs have a great team also so this is a major challenge for the Jets who have not put in one full 60min games this year and are lucky to be 6/2/1. What I would love to see is both teams playing at their best. If this happens could be one of the most entertaining hockey games of the regular season. Even better if this happens for both their games.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
The only problem with Matthews the last couple games has been his left winger.

Marleau IMO would be fine on Matthews' line if Nylander was on that line as well.

Nylander's game compliments Marleau's game a lot more than Kapanen's, and I love Kapanen in that spot at the moment, but I don't think Kapanen can lift up everyone on that line like Nylander can. That's not to rag on Kap, I want cap to stay on that line when Nylander comes back in Marleau's spot.

Kapanen-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Kadri-Brown
Leivo-Lindholm-Johnsson

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I think the Leafs get lit up tonight, hope I'm wrong. This will give the Leafs a chance to see how they play against a big fast physical team.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
This will be an interesting game.

Winnipeg, my impression at least, is fast team. Not the fastest, but fast enough to skate with the Leafs. They are far more physical.

This is a big test for the Leafs, not the Jets.

I like to see one change to the lines, flip Marner and Brown, probably more offense generated that way, without sacrificing the defence.

The defense, really a game by game thing, see how it holds up.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Try this. I know Johnsson hasn't been great so far... but let's give him a chance. Leivo looked good on the 4th line... let's see how he looks with some real skill.

Johnsson - Matthews - Marner
Leivo - Tavares - Kapanen
Marleau - Kadri - Hyman
Lindholm - Goat - Brown

and we gotta get Hainsey off that top pairing.

It will be a cold day in hell before Babcock puts Hyman in the bottom six

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Matthews needs to skate tonight. The difference between the first 6 games and the last two have been he wasn't skating as effortlessly and as powerful as he was.

Did he tweak something (last two games Matthews looks a lot like injured back Matthews)?

Did the scoring go to his head?

Linemates aren't good enough?

Just two off games?

We'll find out tonight if this is a trend or not. We need him hard on the puck tonight, and we need Kapenen to play like he did his first three games as well (he has stopped moving his feet. The adrenaline from getting the promotion has faded and he is regressing back into going through the motions).

If they come out flat to start I hope Babs starts mixing up the lines. Throw Marner out with Kadri again, throw out a Tavares line with Matthews on the wing for a shift. Put Marner on the top line with Matthews after an icing. Bring Kadri up to the wing with Tavres and Marner.

Let's go pumped for tonight.

Neutral zone trap; no support by LW or D-men; him or RW (Kappy) always double teamed

Uncle Bill

Know it all
Sep 21, 2011
Just an FYI,

PMO moved Laine to the top line partway thru the Hawks game to try and spark something with the Jets top six who were playing poorly during that game. Overall the Jets top six has been poor the entire season to-date. Jets best line has been the Lowry line by a fair margin when considering all factors.
It was the Blues game on Monday.

Reactions: Hunter368

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Leafs also have a worse record than Montreal and just one more win than Buffalo. that's not a slight, but more of an indication that teams in this league are super close, and anyone can win on a given night. Except for Detroit probably

It's also early and we shouldn't be reading anything into any of the team's records. Except for Detroit, like you said hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad