Game 10: Kings vs. Red Wings - 2/10/13 - Heartbreaking Loss

Rod Buskas*

Another game we thoroughly outplay the competitor without getting a point. This is just like last year. If/when we start burying our chances there is no question we will roll through the West again.

The last goal is on Stool. He's the winger on the play. So why the **** is he not covering Ericsson ? Doughty made the correct play. Stool should have been on the side wall to continue the chip out. I think it's time to either bench Stoll until the playoffs or have him play strictly pk and 5-8 minutes of ice.

Quick hasn't made a timely save all year. But I can't blame him since the offense has been so inept.

TheSlovenian

Aug 23, 2011
Ljubljana
It's really hard to win games, when you don't have any production from your 3nd line center (i.e. Mike Richards). Stoll is useless, so are Richardson and Lewis. And Brown is an idiot who doesn't know how to elevate the puck. A stupid way to lose a game, which should have been won.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
How do they "suck" right now? They just dominated that game and lost because Howard stood on his head and Quick let in two soft goals. That was the difference.

I don't care if they outplayed or dominated the Red Wings, they still lost... They have 8 points on the season, 3-6-2. If that's not the definition of sucking, I don't know what is

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Doughty is now an NHL worst -10. Bad turnovers every game and zero offense.

Didn't Carolina miss the playoffs after winning the cup?

I desperately want to know this. Were they the last team to win it and miss it?

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Once again, nothing from the 2nd line. How much longer are the Kings going to pretend Mike Richards is still a 2nd line center?

What game did you watch? Richards was not on the 2nd line today,that line Carter-Williams and Clifford , the one WITHOUT Ricahrds gave up 2 ES Wings goals and oh...the Kings lost.

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
Those who say "we won the Stanley Cup last year" need to quit living in the past and look to the future. The Kings suck right now. Does last year even matter? No. As a matter of fact, it makes it even worst that we won last year and probably won't even make the playoffs. Someone remind me when the last time a team won the cup and missed the playoffs the next season?

Carolina missed the playoffs two years in a row following their cup.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
We have way too many damn games left to be taking on board the idea of missing the playoffs. This team has played 3 home games! Some of you just need to calm down.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
QFT.

No so soft, but just plain bad.

However, I did get to see Bernier play like absolute horse **** in the Anaheim game. I still don't understand how posters think he's better than Quick in any situation whatsoever.

Nobody thinks he's better. He's played every single game, and it's a back-to-back

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Knock it off, all of you! Your team played great and has thoroughly outplayed the Wings! The only players on DRW that were even in the same building are Howard, Datsyuk, Flip, Brunner, and Ericsson. Keep playing like this and you will go far. Nothing even remotely sucks about the Kings or their effort. In fact, it's my team that should hang their heads in shame (starting with Babcock: whattahell was he thinking playing those pylons in the last minute of the game?). Wings showed up in the last 15 seconds. Good for them. I hope the trend goes into the next game.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
Those who say "we won the Stanley Cup last year" need to quit living in the past and look to the future. The Kings suck right now. Does last year even matter? No. As a matter of fact, it makes it even worst that we won last year and probably won't even make the playoffs. Someone remind me when the last time a team won the cup and missed the playoffs the next season?

Carolina did that. I am not doom and gloom just yet, I suspect the Kings will squeek into the playoffs. With the way they are playing do I expect them to repeat? No. Then again, did I expect them to win last year? No. I honestly expected a 4-1 first round exit against the Canucks.

Tadite

Feb 27, 2002
Rhode Island
Visit site
Wow. That's just pure devastating pain of a loss. The combination of dominance, last minute success, and then last second destruction by such a **** goal is a brutal mix of emotions.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I highly recommend not going to the mainboard :/

Time to go out and get drunk and forget that we even had a game today. :P

Ron*

We have way too many damn games left to be taking on board the idea of missing the playoffs. This team has played 3 home games! Some of you just need to calm down.

Actually, I would like to know the age of some of these posters. I really have to wonder the maturity level on this board.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Knock it off, all of you! Your team played great and has thoroughly outplayed the Wings! The only players on DRW that were even in the same building are Howard, Datsyuk, Flip, Brunner, and Ericsson. Keep playing like this and you will go far. Nothing even remotely sucks about the Kings or their effort. In fact, it's my team that should hang their heads in shame (starting with Babcock: whattahell was he thinking playing those pylons in the last minute of the game?). Wings showed up in the last 15 seconds. Good for them. I hope the trend goes into the next game.

Wow even a Wings fan has to knock some sanity into Kings fans.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
The big irony with this game is that 10 years ago the shoe would be on the other foot. The Wings would thoroughly outplay the Kings and somehow be down 2-1, tie the game at 2-2, and the Kings would miraculously score to win it with 5 seconds left.

bobafettish*

tampa bay struggled after their cup and hit rock bottom as well. hope kings dont follow suit.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Play a great game yet manage to find a way to lose. That is classic Kings hockey. Blown assignments once again lead to another loss. These guys need a wake up call because they still don't get it.

bcking

Aug 26, 2005
Canada
Lets make this game the turning point in our season just like they did last year against detroit.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Carolina did that. I am not doom and gloom just yet, I suspect the Kings will squeek into the playoffs. With the way they are playing do I expect them to repeat? No. Then again, did I expect them to win last year? No. I honestly expected a 4-1 first round exit against the Canucks.

Same here I expected the Kings to miss the playoff's last year. So I don't know why people are so angry this year.

Kings just hit 10 games ? right ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad