Game 10: Kings vs. Red Wings - 2/10/13 - Heartbreaking Loss

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Kings really worked hard for 59:56 minutes. Sad.

What's not sad is how over reactive Kings fans are. It's not the end of the world if they don't make the playoffs in this shortened season. We lost TWO solid defenseman and our PP is still garbage. They're going to need to fix or compensate for those two things for them to turn it around.

DL & Sutter have more work to do.

Uh I'm not sure about you but as defending Stanley Cup champions I DEFINITELY have an issue with missing the playoffs; shortened season or not.

bobafettish*

That one hurt. God ****ing damnit. I was so afraid that would happen too. Just

720457198.gif

perfect gif. :laugh:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
How many times have the Wings beat the Kings in Detroit with a goal in the last 10 seconds of the 3rd period in a tie game?

All I can take from it is that when it happened last year(also on a poor turnover by Doughty no less, and on the same side of the ice), it was one of the key turning points to the season.

You have to win the faceoff, and get the puck. Have to be strong on the puck. It's like the playoffs didn't even happen.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Oh yeah.

Put "I let 5 goals in against Anaheim in two periods" Bernier in, a game I witnessed.

Quick > Bernier.

Quick is not a machine, he has started every single game, something no other goalie has

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Those who say "we won the Stanley Cup last year" need to quit living in the past and look to the future. The Kings suck right now. Does last year even matter? No. As a matter of fact, it makes it even worst that we won last year and probably won't even make the playoffs. Someone remind me when the last time a team won the cup and missed the playoffs the next season?
How do they "suck" right now? They just dominated that game and lost because Howard stood on his head and Quick let in two soft goals. That was the difference.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
What a kick in the balls.

Once again, nothing from the 2nd line. How much longer are the Kings going to pretend Mike Richards is still a 2nd line center?

Dean desperately needs to make a move for someone capable of generating some offense, either new 2nd line center or a winger and let Carter slide over to 2nd line center.

Appreciate what he did last year in the playoffs but this is a player on his downside.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Kings really worked hard for 59:56 minutes. Sad.

What's not sad is how over reactive Kings fans are. It's not the end of the world if they don't make the playoffs in this shortened season. We lost TWO solid defenseman and our PP is still garbage. They're going to need to fix or compensate for those two things for them to turn it around.

DL & Sutter have more work to do.

Bang on, More work to do. May have to bring in another Defense man.

Wont matter how much you score if the D is going to continue to get beat on Counter play's.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Story of this season so far really...control large parts of the game and one breakdown leads to a goal. Bad times to lose focus. Garbage pp. Etc. it's a microcosm.

On the positive side--this puck luck can't stay this way forever, right? I mean, our goalies aren't gonna be at a 75% save percentage all season, and the opposing goaltenders aren't gonna stay at 98%. Should we have buried some today? Absolutely. But it's not like we were staying at the perimeter like the Nash game. I saw some positives and some hunger--just need to get a LITTLE more going and things will start happening.

Unfortunately, I see us getting CRUSHED by StL tomorrow. They left too much out on the ice today.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

Once again, nothing from the 2nd line. How much longer are the Kings going to pretend Mike Richards is still a 2nd line center?

Dean desperately needs to make a move for someone capable of generating some offense, either new 2nd line center or a winger and let Carter slide over to 2nd line center.

Appreciate what he did last year in the playoffs but this is a player on his downside.

You didn't see the lineup ?

Richards was the third line center today. Carter was the second line Center.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
I really don't expect to see Bernier tomorrow. Sutter seems to ride his number one after a Cup appearance. When the Flames went in 2004, the next season after the lockout Kiprusoff played 74 games. Plus, after the awful performance the other night by Bernier and the actually fairly decent performance this afternoon by Quick, he will get the start.

The only nice thing about this being an afternoon game and tomorrow an evening game is that the Kings get a bit of rest as opposed to a normal back to back. Its 1215 PT and tomorrow is at 5 PT, so the Kings have over 24 hours off between games.

Last edited:

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
If Quick starts tomorrow, Sutter is an idiot. Quick wasn't even good today.

Hey Ron, does winning the cup matter when you're tied for last in the conference? I think it's more embarrassing, if you ask me. Plus we don't even have a first round pick. Soooooooooo

bobafettish*

kings just proved millbury right with his criticisms in the intermission.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
I can't say it was just "one of those games" cos that has been our excuse for a long time. They better start playing better as a team cos, they can't afford to lose "one of those games" with a shorten season.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Those who say "we won the Stanley Cup last year" need to quit living in the past and look to the future. The Kings suck right now. Does last year even matter? No. As a matter of fact, it makes it even worst that we won last year and probably won't even make the playoffs. Someone remind me when the last time a team won the cup and missed the playoffs the next season?

Get real.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010

Um, Carter played second line center, while Richards played third line. Did you watch the game?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Bold is best way to describe this feeling, really.

ANd I LOVE Richards...one of my favorite players and I still want his jersey...but this guy is looking like a burned out star running back in his last year.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup

?? Carter was the second line center today.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
I doubt we see Johnny B.

But positives.

Ellerby played well, few bad passes but he comes as advertised.

The Kings played Awesome for three periods. It's the Miscue's that are costing goals.

The Counter attack is killing the boy's right now.

It's a back to back. Bernier needs to start at one point.

Ron*

How do they "suck" right now? They just dominated that game and lost because Howard stood on his head and Quick let in two soft goals. That was the difference.

QFT.

No so soft, but just plain bad.

However, I did get to see Bernier play like absolute horse **** in the Anaheim game. I still don't understand how posters think he's better than Quick in any situation whatsoever.

KingKopitar11*

Overall we did great, but man we have no finishers at all. Everyone who tries to shoot high is off by feet. We outplayed them at everything, but quick was shaky bad, ellerby looked pretty bad on some simple plays, man our offense needs to take shooting lessons on elevating the puck. These are the games that hurt the most. We need to elevate the puck, we made it so easy for howard, he just played low the whole time. We need to shoot to score sometimes, its not always shoveling it in when the goalie is great down low.

I think people want bernier to start to send a message to quick, not that bernier is better than him.

drugold

drunk, goals&swagger
Jul 13, 2009
Brisbane,
Well it is a quality draft and a short season. That's all the positives of our play during this season I can think of.

Edit. O and that time we beat Columbus in regulation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad