Game 10: Kings vs. Red Wings - 2/10/13 - Heartbreaking Loss

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA
I don't recall that at all; and I don't know that many knew you were 16. I can think of a few who may have been callous, but they're like that with me and others as well. We kinda liked having you around, I thought.

If Ellerby can keep playing those minutes and can play with guys like Doughty, he should improve. There were just guys ahead of him and something had to give. He's gonna make mistakes, but he'll learn.

Best of luck going forward.

I wasn't talking abt on here specifically, just in general. and Im still a cats fan but my favorite player in the league got traded and im a fan of his first and foremost so i'll like whoever he plays for. I'll probly come around the florida boards again but right now im tryin to get used to the kings fans/boards :)

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Here's the good news:

This organization spent all of the off-season preaching to us fans that they have every intention to repeat the success of last season. Well, we are seeing a repeat of last season so far....they were horrible for most of the regular season with difficulty scoring, and we're getting the same thing now. If that's not a repeat, I don't know what is.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I missed the game this morining and judging by all the comments, I don't think I'll watch the recording. Hopefully the Kings will handle the Blues tomorrow like they did in the Playoffs.

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA
How are you looking? Have you spoken with your counselor and asked to give some direction on colleges to look at?

My two biggest mistakes when I was your age is I didn't know what I wanted to do, and I didn't utilize any additional resources. You seem to know what you want to do, so I suggest both asking your school counselor and possibly writing an e-mail to the Rochester Americans training staff and see if they can give you some direction/ideas.

Anyway, onto the game, it's definitely heartbreaking. I got home a bit later and only saw the second half of the game, but the Kings looked like they were in control. These collapses and defensive miscues HAVE to stop.

Either way, good on Howard for having a great game.

hehe I was lookin at colleges in California and I found one in Long Beach, it has what I want to major in and California is warmer than NY, I just wanna get away from the east coast! But yeah i'll definitely talk to my counselor and try to get in touch with the Amerks training staff, my only concern is that im gonna put all that work in and then end up not being able to work for a mens pro team (specifically NHL) simply because im a female.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
blues are gonna skate circles around the kings tomorrow.

Just got to love this. We are the defnding Stanley Cup champions, swept the Blues in four straight games last playoffs, are coming off a dominating game in which they would have won if not for a great goaltender, but yeah, we lost so therefore we will get dominated by the Blues.

What *********.

But anyway what the hell is clifford doing with carter and williams?

Do you even watch the games? Clifford was arguably our best forward today, and he's been great this season so far. Why wouldn't he be on that line? Who deserves it more than him? And how did he not validate being put on that line today? He rocked.

trade him while everyone thinks hes a god haha... if we could do brown for kane you can't tell me you would say no. evander kane has a lot more value

I'd say no. Talent wise, it's close, but for all the intangibles, give me Duster any day. Kane's head is so far up his ass he could see his tonsils.

Sutter didn't seem to upset with the Game....

Sutter seem pleased.

And he should.

Canada has NBC?

We have satelitte TV access. We aren't all polar bears and blizzards up here.

I'm thinking that they'll look for outside help this summer as they'll be clearing up quite a bit of cap space due to UFA departures.

Which will go mostly to Quick's pay raise.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
King and Nolan were brought for size and Energy, they were not asked to save the season.

Yet they had a big role in doing just that.

Quite reminiscent of their game against the Oilers not too long ago. The Kings find ways to disappoint us.

Like last seasons playoffs... Oh wait, you're just being a major pessimist like so many other Kings 'fans.'

I missed the game this morining and judging by all the comments, I don't think I'll watch the recording. Hopefully the Kings will handle the Blues tomorrow like they did in the Playoffs.

You should watch it, just so you can get a good laugh at the ridic comments being made in this thread.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
^ Excuse me, you sensitive Canadians, but that's not what I meant to say. CBC isn't offered by cable and satellite providers here so it's fair to wonder how Canadians get NBC.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Like last seasons playoffs... Oh wait, you're just being a major pessimist like so many other Kings 'fans.'

I take it you haven't been a Kings fan for very long. One year doesn't erase the 44 others. Let's not forget how the Kings frustrated us for most of the year and didn't play to their potential until late February-March.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Anyone that expected a Dynasty or Dominant Regular season from this group of Kings, was setting themselves up for disappointment.

The current Core of players, have never been world beaters for the regular season.

The Kings have largely been a 500. team since 06-07 (if you include OT losses).

There is nothing wrong with that, 500. teams make the playoff's. And in this instance, can Win a Cup. the Kings proved that.

But I didn't expect the Kings to come out gang busters and mop the floor with teams.

With Mitchell Out I don't expect them to be even 500. Mitchell for some reason is that important.

Last edited:

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Here's the good news:

This organization spent all of the off-season preaching to us fans that they have every intention to repeat the success of last season. Well, we are seeing a repeat of last season so far....they were horrible for most of the regular season with difficulty scoring, and we're getting the same thing now. If that's not a repeat, I don't know what is.

Does this mean the Kings will fire the coach and hire a Sutter to turn the season around?

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Anyone that expected a Dynasty or Dominant Regular season from this group of Kings, was setting themselves up for disappointment.

The current Core of players, have never been world beaters for the regular season.

Yeah, 2 back-to-back 46-win seasons. But only one of those resulted to 100 points. But yeah, if you include OTLs, even last year was a losing season with only 40 regular season wins out of 82.

We've all been fooled, to those of us who thought we were finally gonna have a consistent team. Yes, we won the Cup, but DL has yet to prove that he can build us a perennial world-beating team. Let's not forget that before last year, we had no playoff series wins in the post-lockout era.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I'm not gonna bother reading the other 12 pages, but what was up with Brown blindly turning the puck over in the offensive zone at the end of the game? Does he have any idea how much time is left? I love Dustin Brown, but some stuff he does is completely boneheaded.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I'm not gonna bother reading the other 12 pages, but what was up with Brown blindly turning the puck over in the offensive zone at the end of the game? Does he have any idea how much time is left? I love Dustin Brown, but some stuff he does is completely boneheaded.

Trying to make something out of nothing, Whole team is guilty of this lately.

Pressing too much. Need to keep it simple.

Also Brown took a really bad penalty towards the end their.

But what can you do, when it rains it pours.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Yeah, 2 back-to-back 46-win seasons. But only one of those resulted to 100 points. But yeah, if you include OTLs, even last year was a losing season with only 40 regular season wins out of 82.

We've all been fooled, to those of us who thought we were finally gonna have a consistent team. Yes, we won the Cup, but DL has yet to prove that he can build us a perennial world-beating team. Let's not forget that before last year, we had no playoff series wins in the post-lockout era.

Which is why it was shocking the Kings knocked of the Nucks.

Let alone went up 3-0 in every series.

Did you know that the Kings in one playoff series have More wins, than the Sharks have had All of their last two Conference Finals appearances(combined).

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
^ Excuse me, you sensitive Canadians, but that's not what I meant to say. CBC isn't offered by cable and satellite providers here so it's fair to wonder how Canadians get NBC.

Then I apologize. I figured CBC was available universally, as it is here in Canada, and that the same was applicable for national broadcasts from the stats like NBC. Sorry for the snappiness.

I take it you haven't been a Kings fan for very long. One year doesn't erase the 44 others. Let's not forget how the Kings frustrated us for most of the year and didn't play to their potential until late February-March.

I take it you don't notice I've actually been around these boards even longer than you, so no I'm not a new breeed Kings fan. In fact, I became a Kings fan the day Gretzky became a King, so I'm nearly a quarter of a century as a Kings fan. As such, I'm well aware of the Kings past, especially the recent past. That doesn't mean I blindly fall back into the 'the Kings suck' mentality, especially after we won a Stanley Cup. If you want to, go ahead, but you look rather dumb doing so just 11 games in coming off a very dominating game.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
BTW, how do Canadians watch NBC games (not counting online)?

On cable and satellite Canadians get NBC. The CRTC (our version of the FCC) has licensed certain affiliates for Canadian carriage. In Canada, they permit NBC from Boston, Buffalo, Plattsburgh, NY (due to the proximity to Montreal), Detroit, Erie, Minneapolis, Spokane, WA and Seattle. My normal "local" NBC affiliate is Spokane and I get a timeshifting affiliate from Detroit. In fact, all my "local" US network affiliates (at least the Big 4) are from Spokane. I get my timeshifting NBC, CBS and ABC from Detroit and my FOX from Rochester, NY.

I also receive KTLA on my cable system, which was nice during the Cup run as I could see the local reaction to the games.

For more information, here is the list from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_television_channels_available_in_Canada

Since I am drifting off tangent, I am surprised that none of the US networks ever tried to establish affiliates in Canada in the 50s. The Canadian content rules that govern stations actually in Canada did not exist then. Had NBC, ABC or CBS had an affiliate in Toronto or Montreal in the 50s, my guess is that the Cancon rules would have been drastically different. Whether this is good, bad or otherwise is another story, but interesting food for thought.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
The only thing that bothers me about this game is the mental effect it could have going forward. The team on the ice was dominant other than Quick being Mr. Softy.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon

That isn't entirely true, CBC is offered on cable in many border towns. As a child, my family used to go to Minot, ND to do cross-border shopping and the cable system there did carry CBC.

Here is the list on Wikipedia of what stations are carried in the US and where:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_stations_available_in_the_United_States

Also, WZRA in Tampa carries some Canadian news programs aimed at the snowbirds who winter in Florida. I'd suspect that this might be the case in Arizona too.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The only thing that bothers me about this game is the mental effect it could have going forward. The team on the ice was dominant other than Quick being Mr. Softy.

I don't know, the Kings responded well last year after getting embarrassed 8-2 ? in Detroit.

They went on to win Six straight.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

There is nothing wrong with that, 500. teams make the playoff's. And in this instance, can Win a Cup. the Kings proved that.

But I didn't expect the Kings to come out gang busters and mop the floor with teams.

With Mitchell Out I don't expect them to be even 500. Mitchell for some reason is that important.

The Kings haven't had a "good" regular season since 1991.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
That isn't entirely true, CBC is offered on cable in many border towns. As a child, my family used to go to Minot, ND to do cross-border shopping and the cable system there did carry CBC.

Here is the list on Wikipedia of what stations are carried in the US and where:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Canadian_stations_available_in_the_United_States

Also, WZRA in Tampa carries some Canadian news programs aimed at the snowbirds who winter in Florida. I'd suspect that this might be the case in Arizona too.

Well, I meant here in California.

Do SCF games on NBC get blacked out since CBC has the rights in Canada?

--------------------
BTW, I just found out that the Wings' third goal was scored in the dying seconds of the 3rd period. I missed the entire 3rd so I was following the score on my phone (Gamecenter app). I was so happy when we got the equalizer. Then I saw the Wings won 3-2, so I assumed it was an OT goal. Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. I remember Detroit won in the same fashion a few years back against us. Wehad like 50 shots and we finally tied the game late in the 3rd. Then Zetterberg or someone scored the game-winner before the game would reach OT.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Man, some of you are just... adorable.

It's as though some of you haven't had the attention span to follow an entire NHL season. It's as if this team hasn't earned any credit with some of you.

Trade Richards? Lottery draft pick talks?

Wow.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Guys, relax. We just played our best game of the season!! You should be happy....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad