Post-Game Talk: GAME 10 - If you turned off your TV when Pittsburgh went ahead 5-2 SURPRISE SURPRISE SURPRISE- BRUINS 6 Pens 5 F/OT

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Ewww ewww ewww ESPN+. F that.
Ya, because ESPN isn't shitty enough they want us to pay for Ultra-Shit ESPN+. They can keep it.

Horvat is a pending UFA. He's not fetching a 25 year old top 4 D. He'll get something similar Copp went for last season. A first, a second a nd a mid tier prospect.
I'd much much rather give up Carlo. I don't dislike him but we need to keep the picks. Carlo is oft-injured, and ultimately expendable vs losing more picks. If he hadn't been concussed so many times I would feel differently though.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Ya, because ESPN isn't shitty enough they want us to pay for Ultra-Shit ESPN+. They can keep it.

I'd much much rather give up Carlo. I don't dislike him but we need to keep the picks. Carlo is oft-injured, and ultimately expendable vs losing more picks. If he hadn't been concussed so many times I would feel differently though.

I agree we need our picks. I also don't think Horvat who we need going forward when Bergeron and Krejci retire.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Horvat is a pending UFA. He's not fetching a 25 year old top 4 D. He'll get something similar Copp went for last season. A first, a second a nd a mid tier prospect.
Carlo is not that good .Watched him last night cost them on 1st goal not paying attention.He has zero offensive skills either.Killing penalties is his strong point cause he will block em. Clifton could eat his minutes because once McAvoy gets back him and Lindholm will cover near half the game.Anyways Boston has a future centre issue and no 2nd rd picks to give.That said I agree Bruins won't do it they have him paired with Lindholm who is rollin

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Carlo is not that good .Watched him last night cost them on 1st goal not paying attention.He has zero offensive skills either.Killing penalties is his strong point cause he will block em. Clifton could eat his minutes because once McAvoy gets back him and Lindholm will cover near half the game.Anyways Boston has a future centre issue and no 2nd rd picks to give.That said I agree Bruins won't do it they have him paired with Lindholm who is rollin
If that is who Carlo is then why is Vancouver trading Bo Horvat for him?

Reactions: weaponomega

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
If that is who Carlo is then why is Vancouver trading Bo Horvat for him

If that is who Carlo is then why is Vancouver trading Bo Horvat for him?
I said it would be Carlo plus and its better then late rd picks .And as other poster said Horvat is a UFA to be not getting a fortune.Only difference in opinion is other poster described Carlo as a 25 yr old top 4 D man.He might be in top 4 but he certainly can be replaced in my mind.I use to defend Carlo based on his size and reach and many times talked here defending him about the guts it takes to block shots but I have to say he could be better.Anyhow Bruins love Carlo he is not going anywhere but if they could get Horvat using him + it would be a no Brainer.

Reactions: Gordoff

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
It's funny because Carlo has only been on ice for 1 goal this season. If that is not good then all the D have sucked this season. As for the goal that really isn't on him. That was just a weird deflection to a very very good player who made a great play to score. As for Clifton there is no way he will eat those minutes successfully. And then finally Horvat is not worth it. He is a 0.63 PPG center. I'm not giving up anything of value for him.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

I will say this about Carlo. He is less injury prone than McAvoy. And if you don't believe me you can look up how many regular season games the 2 have played since McAvoy's rookie year.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
It's funny because Carlo has only been on ice for 1 goal this season. If that is not good then all the D have sucked this season. As for the goal that really isn't on him. That was just a weird deflection to a very very good player who made a great play to score. As for Clifton there is no way he will eat those minutes successfully. And then finally Horvat is not worth it. He is a 0.63 PPG center. I'm not giving up anything of value for him.

What?

That can't be right.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
How can his +/- be 4 and this be true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad