GDT: Game 10 | Detroit Red Wings vs. St. Louis Blues | 8:00 PM EST | FS-D (HD) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Lashoff over Huskins is pretty questionable, both play similar games but Huskins is better.

This is weird. Unless Babcock is just throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks. But I agree that Huskins is objectively better, but maybe he thinks Lashoff needs the reps and that he can be a solid third liner in the near future, whereas Huskins will be not playing anymore in the near future..

And yes, we are now debating the finer points of which Dman should be our #6 because we seems to have about 5 of them at this point.

Meatwagon

Blues=Overrated
Nov 15, 2010
Bi-polar Express
Just a heads up to the OP the Blues lineup is as follows:

Perron-Backes-Oshie
McDonald-Steen-Stewart
Schwartz-Berglund-Tarasenko
Sobotka-Nichol-Reaves

D pairings are correct.

Looking for a big bounce back game from the Blues after getting embarrassed by Nashville. Hoping for a breakout game from Jaden Schwartz, the Blues 2nd blue chip rookie whose not getting much love. Having him with Bergy and Frank should really benefit his style. Predicting 1g and 2a.

Lets hope the officials don't influence the outcome again:(

Also, damn your guys injury report looks like the Blues IR report over the past 3 years, yeesh!

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Perron-Backes-Oshie
McDonald-Steen-Stewart
Sobotka-Nichol-Reaves

D pairings are correct.

Looking for a big bounce back game from the Blues after getting embarrassed by Nashville. Hoping for a breakout game from Jaden Schwartz, the Blues 2nd blue chip rookie whose not getting much love. Having him with Bergy and Frank should really benefit his style. Predicting 1g and 2a.

Also, damn your guys injury report looks like the Blues IR report over the past 3 years, yeesh!

It's all Carlo Colaicovo's fault, he's the freaking typhoid Mary of the NHL. :sarcasm:

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
This is weird. Unless Babcock is just throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks. But I agree that Huskins is objectively better, but maybe he thinks Lashoff needs the reps and that he can be a solid third liner in the near future, whereas Huskins will be not playing anymore in the near future..

And yes, we are now debating the finer points of which Dman should be our #6 because we seems to have about 5 of them at this point.

At this point I think Babcock is looking for something that works. Neither guy is going to light up the team

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

Perron-Backes-Oshie
McDonald-Steen-Stewart
Sobotka-Nichol-Reaves

D pairings are correct.

Thanks...Its updated now

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
An .892 sv% is pretty weak. Removing goalies who have played fewer than 4 games this season, he's right at 30th in the league. And he hasn't faced an overabundance of shots, either. in 9 games, he's faced 249 shots, which is in the same ballpark as Varlamov and 10+ shots fewer than Bryzgalov, Lehtonen, and Andersson (while Dubnyk has been peppered in Edmonton - 323 shots in ten games...).

I agree, he's not elite, but he's better than what he's shown. And being sat in a big game, after a day's break...I don't know. You're probably right, but I also wonder how the weekend starts will get divided if Mrazek has a big night tonight.

I think Howard is rather relieved he's not playing tonight. The real message would be to start Mrazek on Saturday too. That being said, I don't think Howard needs someone to tell him he has to be better. Also if he's gonna start sucking, I'm rather happy it's in a contract year.

As for Lashoff over Huskins, Lashoff was better than Huskins last game. Among Huskins, Kindl and Lashoff I think the message is clear, the better guy stays in.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I would agree that Howard has not been very good. But honestly, I don't see a message being sent here.

But like I said in the offseason -- Howard was going to get exposed this year. And he has been.

He's a good NHL goalie. But he's not great. He's not elite. I think his playoff performances have show that. And I think we're seeing it again now.

I must be big time homer. Of the last 9 games I never once thought of Howie as at fault, but his SV% would indicate otherwise. Are goalie stats ******** though? Half the Wings shots are flubbed wristers. Howard this season (especially those 1st games) has had multiple highlight reel saves. I think he's been unbelievable at times. He's an intense fellow. In interviews he appears matured and is extremely professional. What goaltender would you feel more confident with? Smith, Lundquist, Rinne? (ok I would trade for Backstrom :laugh:) Goaltenders rise and fall. I trust him as much as any goalie this season. Seriously Jimmy Howard was an all-star last season not for his stats alone but for his insane acrobatics. If he's not elite he's on his way.

Who needs to step up is the Red Wings players. The bottom 6 have to stop worrying about how cool they look imitating the top 2 lines. Your not Euros! Move your feet!!! Start banging bodies, turn up the volume! Every player needs to attack like Tootoo. I'm tired of this 75% crap, We need 110%. Brunner needs to turn it up as well. Lower his body, start mucking it up, get his nose dirty. He's a young guy dammit. Push the envelope and Brunner could be a game changer. Has he watched any videos of Steve Yzerman yet?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I must be big time homer. Of the last 9 games I never once thought of Howie as at fault, but his SV% would indicate otherwise. Are goalie stats ******** though? Half the Wings shots are flubbed wristers. Howard this season (especially those 1st games) has had multiple highlight reel saves. I think he's been unbelievable at times. He's an intense fellow. In interviews he appears matured and is extremely professional. What goaltender would you feel more confident with? Smith, Lundquist, Rinne? (ok I would trade for Backstrom :laugh:) Goaltenders rise and fall. I trust him as much as any goalie this season. Seriously Jimmy Howard was an all-star last season not for his stats alone but for his insane acrobatics. If he's not elite he's on his way.

Howard isn't a goalie that'll throw pucks into the net, but when he's not on his game he's not fighting traffic very well or absorbing rebounds. His positioning can also be a little off. Pucks tend to look unstoppable at times when they really aren't.

Kyleftlx

twitter*****/kyle_ftl
May 9, 2010
Michigan!
I'm excited for Mrazek and I hope he plays well, but I mostly just hope Detroit doesn't get destroyed 6-0 again.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
Quincey must have pictures of Babcock AND Holland.

Maybe even Nill.

He's been fine the past few games; and the team D and offense suck.

Don't forget our pathetic PP.

Honestly, I think Holland knows he has a tweener team and he probably wants to see what the boatload of prospects we have are made of. Get em to the bigs, see where they're at. It's all great and well to read scouting reports, but at some point, they have to get NHL ice time to get a true gauge on their development.

This year is better for that than any others in a long time. Several teams are going to have to buy out some contracts this summer as well, so the perfect time to retool is this summer.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
The Wings lost 6-0 at Scottrade Center in the season opener but beat the Blues at home on Friday. The Blues have lost two games in a row but are one of the top-scoring teams in the NHL and have a lethal power play.

Mrazek doesn't care.

"I'm never nervous," he said. "I will go out there and play my best and enjoy every minute on the ice."

Kid has some stones, I like it.
Hopefully the team can rally around him tonight.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Why can't cleary be the one to get hurt? Tartars out not as well? Remeber last year when we had the detroit griffin's instead of wings nice pic of him by the way.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
not expecting Mrazek to have a very good game tonight

but excited to see him all the same :)

solo16

Nov 22, 2007
CT
When was the last time a 20 year old goalie was in the net for the wings?

Mccollum got in a game in 2010. Was a reliever but he played 15 min.

Howard got 4 games in 2005. He was about 20 then.

Apparently its not that uncommon.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Why can't cleary be the one to get hurt? Tartars out not as well? Remeber last year when we had the detroit griffin's instead of wings nice pic of him by the way.

Tatar is in, according to Mlive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad