GDT: Game 10: Columbus vs. Toronto | 10/25 7PM EDT

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I think your referring to people like me,

I went to games the first year,
And loved the passion even though they lost more games than won.
But after King was fired, and John H. McConnell gave Dougie Mac total control,
The team became a joke.

Then in 2008 they finally made the playoffs,
And with a new GM, I thought things had changed.
So I bought a 6 game package for me and my brother,
And what happens...

The players ****ing quit!
I went to 2 games out of 6 that year.
I don't trust them, even with all new players,
I think the majority of "good" players still don't want to come here.
And even if they accomplish all the things you say
It won't be enough for me to trust them.

The only thing that will make me believe in this team,
Is if C-Bus becomes a hockey city, and I doubt that happens in my lifetime.

Wow. Not trying to pile on, but if you feel that way maybe something else would be more rewarding, interesting, or entertaining for you. It's either in your blood or it isn't.

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
Look im not one of these fans, in fact, I work for OhioHealth so I get a nice discounted ticket package but I cant blame some of the fan base that hasnt returned yet. Most will after CBJ proves they can win consistently and also win playoff games.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Look, IDC what any of you think of me.
I'm just stating my opinion,
If your opinion of me is,
I'm not a fan...oh well.
To each their own.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Wow. Not trying to pile on, but if you feel that way maybe something else would be more rewarding, interesting, or entertaining for you. It's either in your blood or it isn't.

This. I think I am in it... Better or worse. Can't shake it.

I don't understand fans who hold a grudge for years about things when this is a totally different squad. Why not let this season play out a little? Bitter is ugly.

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
This is Columbus. Your either a winner or your nothing. Thats the bottom line really. Its the OSU mentality of this town. We are spoiled to have such an amazing university that puts a a championship caliber team every year. Whether we like it or not and whether the comparison is justified (college to pros) it just the way it is. Until the Jackets win consistently, well the size of the crowds will be inconsistent.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I'm not a fan...oh well.
To each their own.

Glad you're a fan, I don't think any ill way towards you. Nationwide will await you.

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
This. I think I am in it... Better or worse. Can't shake it.

I don't understand fans who hold a grudge for years about things when this is a totally different squad. Why not let this season play out a little? Bitter is ugly.

Maybe for some fans its not so much the grudge as it is $ it costs? They could save money and watch from home rather then spend the amount of money it takes to enjoy a game at NWA.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
The reason I don't attend more games is the cost of the tickets. Many of the seats are $80 and higher in that lower bowl. We went to the Bruins game and I guessed that that was why there were seemingly more people in the upper bowl... $30 tickets with a hot dog and drink.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
Get of your high horse bud. I cant afford to go to every game, that doesnt make me any less of a fan then you..:shakehead

Sorry should have said if money is an issue I understand. My statement was towards anyone that's still staying away because they are trying to make some point/protest.

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
Sorry should have said if money is an issue I understand. My statement was towards anyone that's still staying away because they are trying to make some point/protest.

No problem

This seems to be a touchy conversation.

I think the marketing staff could get a little more creative in promotions. I remember when JD was in St. Louis, they came up with some really neat and original deals for fans. Cant recall exactly what they were but you get what im saying.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I haven't used it yet, but TiqIQ has some real deals for games. In the past I have used Seat Geek, Stub Hub and Ticket Exchange with no issues to get tickets as an add on to my half season plan.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
For people still on the fence about this team, and for the life of me I don't see why with the way this team competes, this current homestand is reason enough to see your Blue Jackets live for the first time AGAIN.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
I haven't used it yet, but TiqIQ has some real deals for games. In the past I have used Seat Geek, Stub Hub and Ticket Exchange with no issues to get tickets as an add on to my half season plan.

I use Stub Hub and other resources also so that I can go to games not on my half season plan on the cheap. I went to every game last year and paid $15 or less for most games and have been able to do the same so far this year.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
It's the people who complain about the crowds... And don't attend themselves I have a problem with. Money, I get that issue. There are a lot of cheap tickets available. I sat in the top row many times due to $ issues. I hate it when people beyotch about the crowds on TV. Get down here!

Also, for all the hype, 227 doesn't seem to be selling their section out. Estimated 8-10 scarf wearers For the nj game this week. Cheap tickets there, too.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Upper bowl shoot twice end start at $9 for the Anaheim game tomorrow, if that doesn't do it nothing will.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I think your referring to people like me,

I went to games the first year,
And loved the passion even though they lost more games than won.
But after King was fired, and John H. McConnell gave Dougie Mac total control,
The team became a joke.

Then in 2008 they finally made the playoffs,
And with a new GM, I thought things had changed.
So I bought a 6 game package for me and my brother,
And what happens...

The players ****ing quit!
I went to 2 games out of 6 that year.
I don't trust them, even with all new players,
I think the majority of "good" players still don't want to come here.
And even if they accomplish all the things you say
It won't be enough for me to trust them.

The only thing that will make me believe in this team,
Is if C-Bus becomes a hockey city, and I doubt that happens in my lifetime.

Decent post until the last two paragraphs. That made it a joke.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I'm just sad for the grudge holders. They're missing a helluva good time. Go ahead and compare this group to previous teams, I dare you. Previous teams don't hold a candle to this one. Even the playoff team. You think they would find themselves down a few goals but battle their way back to a win? Hell no. They folded like a cheap suit. You think any atmosphere (yes even game 4) compared to the season finale against Nashville? You're kidding yourself. THAT'S what the grudge holders are missing out on and it's sad because they're losing out on a lot of fun.

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
I'm just sad for the grudge holders. They're missing a helluva good time. Go ahead and compare this group to previous teams, I dare you. Previous teams don't hold a candle to this one. Even the playoff team. You think they would find themselves down a few goals but battle their way back to a win? Hell no. They folded like a cheap suit. You think any atmosphere (yes even game 4) compared to the season finale against Nashville? You're kidding yourself. THAT'S what the grudge holders are missing out on and it's sad because they're losing out on a lot of fun.

Dude, I gotta call you out on this. I have been to alot of arenas, stadiums etc all over the country for all types of sports. Game 4 for the playoffs was absolutely the best I have ever experienced. Last year finale, in all honesty was quiet compared to that. Hell OSU vs Bichigan 2002, I was there and that was incredible but nothing, I mean nothing compared to game 4. :yo:

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Dude, I gotta call you out on this. I have been to alot of arenas, stadiums etc all over the country for all types of sports. Game 4 for the playoffs was absolutely the best I have ever experienced. Last year finale, in all honesty was quiet compared to that. Hell OSU vs Bichigan 2002, I was there and that was incredible but nothing, I mean nothing compared to game 4. :yo:

Game 4 gets my vote.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things

Ok I'll concede that. But my main point stands lol.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm not a fan...oh well.
To each their own.
The only thing I question.
About you...
Would be why your every post,