GDT: Game 10: Columbus vs. Toronto | 10/25 7PM EDT

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
When you look at the young guys we have developing on the ice, three first round draft picks in the pipeline, a boatload of young dmen and we have preserved our first pick for this year to come, the future seems so bright I gotta wear shades.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
I am really disappointed by the turnout of the lower bowl fans on Sunday vs the Bruins and last night vs the Leafs.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
A) no way there were 14k there...i saw 3 whole sections that barely were inhabited...plus the upperbowl was sporadically open

B) I had no real problem with Leafs fans until the end when they left after the 4th goal and i (perhaps a bit sarcastically) wished them a safe drive home...One guy took exception, but most took it in stride

C) WOW what a game...can't stop laughing at the Gaby dove posts and tweets...at the time was right in front of me and if you put a stick into skates wildly, something bad is going to happen for you...

D) is for DUBI!!!!! I friggin love that man!

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
A little surprised there was only 14k on a Friday. High school football still going on or something?

Scheduling games vs OSU football would be better than against H.S. football games. Certainly doesn't leave a good impression on visiting major market team/fans/media.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
For your viewing pleasures..perhaps Chris Rooney should be photoshopped onto dubi's frame? :sarcasm:

EFhqYCP.gif

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
When you look at the young guys we have developing on the ice, three first round draft picks in the pipeline, a boatload of young dmen and we have preserved our first pick for this year to come, the future seems so bright I gotta wear shades.

While I have often longed for a rookie/young player on the Jackets to be a buzz player league-wide (remember the brief Rick/Nik buzz, it was cool), the truth is this is much better, i.e. a batch of young players becoming good (maybe really good) NHLers in front of our eyes - even if the rest of the league doesn't know it yet.

Johansen, Murray, Atkinson, Jenner in particular fit this bill, to varying degrees. (Prout is a young, emerging player, too, but I'm not putting him in this category, and I'm calling the jury out still on Savard. Erixon is in there somewhere, too.)

And it's certainly within reason to be excited about last year's first-rounders (and maybe some others), and maybe a goalie will emerge, and there's still Goloubef.

I'll add that, in Anisimov and Johnson, there are a couple what would appear to be core players that are still young enough to have not reached their ceiling yet. Heck, Bob's in that category, too.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
While I have often longed for a rookie/young player on the Jackets to be a buzz player league-wide (remember the brief Rick/Nik buzz, it was cool), the truth is this is much better, i.e. a batch of young players becoming good (maybe really good) NHLers in front of our eyes - even if the rest of the league doesn't know it yet.

Johansen, Murray, Atkinson, Jenner in particular fit this bill, to varying degrees. (Prout is a young, emerging player, too, but I'm not putting him in this category, and I'm calling the jury out still on Savard. Erixon is in there somewhere, too.)

And it's certainly within reason to be excited about last year's first-rounders (and maybe some others), and maybe a goalie will emerge, and there's still Goloubef.

I'll add that, in Anisimov and Johnson, there are a couple what would appear to be core players that are still young enough to have not reached their ceiling yet.
Heck, Bob's in that category, too.

Dubi is only a year older than JJ and Calvert should be on the list of the young guys somewhere. I dream of when he is a great 3rd/4th liner on a very deep team. For once the future is looking bright. And this from a half-empty guy. Half empty glass guy that is.:D

Inglewood JACKets

Jan 11, 2011
Columbus, OH
All the leaf fans near me were nice and very respectable. Gave us a good game on the way out.

As for the a** hat throwing crap in the ice my wife had a great view from our seats in 222. She said the cop hockey punched him ( grabbed him by the jersey and punched him with jersey clinched hand).

Buy what a great game. Just wished Anisimov could of scored on the breakaway. He needs a confidence booster.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i agree...Anisimov needs to pot one to get his confidence going...once he does, skys the limit! November and December lend itself to us proving some people wrong about us...

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Dubi is only a year older than JJ and Calvert should be on the list of the young guys somewhere. I dream of when he is a great 3rd/4th liner on a very deep team. For once the future is looking bright. And this from a half-empty guy. Half empty glass guy that is.:D

Good point. I was allowing that d-men often peak later/take longer to reach their peak than forwards. Also, I feel like we have a clearer picture of what Dubi is and will be - same with Foligno. That's why I didn't put him in there. And yeah, Matty C should be in there. I'm happy to have them here and consider them part of the core as well.

All the leaf fans near me were nice and very respectable. Gave us a good game on the way out.

So are we to believe that within every fanbase are good eggs and bad? Weird. I suppose you all expect me to believe that some of you are decent sorts as well.

Last edited:

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

I'll add that, in Anisimov and Johnson, there are a couple what would appear to be core players that are still young enough to have not reached their ceiling yet. Heck, Bob's in that category, too.

All of this...and a 28-year-old Horton on the way. Hopefully, they can continue building on the game last night.

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
It is frustrating seeing our fan base not fill up our barn, esp against a great Leafs team. However, this TEAM has been CRAP for 12 years!!!! Last year was a great ending and a good start to JD/GMJK building blocks but still is was a failed season in the eyes of those fans who havent come back yet. JD and crew understand this. They know that fans around here need to be won back. A 3 game win streak is not gonna change anything. Its a nice start and it feels great for the fans who havent left but in reality, this is a 5 year plan for MGMT. They need to A. Win, win and win espcially at home. B. They need to make the playoffs the next few year straight, and win games in the playoffs.

MGMT has a plan and as long as they stick to it and win, in 3-5 years with success the NWA will once again be what it was in those early years.

Inglewood JACKets

Jan 11, 2011
Columbus, OH
Also got to give Wiz some credit. I was surprised to see him be able to actually keep control of the puck on the blue line while on the pp instead of his normal flubbing the puck and then going to retrieve it costing us a precious 10 to 15 seconds.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
It is frustrating seeing our fan base not fill up our barn, esp against a great Leafs team. However, this TEAM has been CRAP for 12 years!!!!

I think your referring to people like me,

I went to games the first year,
And loved the passion even though they lost more games than won.
But after King was fired, and John H. McConnell gave Dougie Mac total control,
The team became a joke.

Then in 2008 they finally made the playoffs,
And with a new GM, I thought things had changed.
So I bought a 6 game package for me and my brother,
And what happens...

The players ****ing quit!
I went to 2 games out of 6 that year.
I don't trust them, even with all new players,
I think the majority of "good" players still don't want to come here.
And even if they accomplish all the things you say
It won't be enough for me to trust them.

The only thing that will make me believe in this team,
Is if C-Bus becomes a hockey city, and I doubt that happens in my lifetime.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

The team became a joke.

And what happens...

:shakehead

with fans like these...

who are you attaching blame to, beyond a general concept of "the team". You bought your 6 pack in the early years of Howson, and yet you're still holding a grudge against an almost 100% different group of people?

The thing is, you're going to wind up missing out on a lot fun.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
:shakehead

with fans like these...

who are you attaching blame to, beyond a general concept of "the team". You bought your 6 pack in the early years of Howson, and yet you're still holding a grudge against an almost 100% different group of people?

The thing is, you're going to wind up missing out on a lot fun.

The owners, both father and son.
They let this team become a joke!
And now that they are trying to be respectable.
I should just forgive and forget?

Kinda like a alcoholic that's been sober for 2weeks,
Should I believe him when he says "I'll never drink again?"

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH

The team became a joke.

And what happens...

:facepalm:

So who's doing the quitting now?

You think 12 years is a long time, there are far worse cases of futility than the Blue Jackets. The team is poised to make a turn around both in the present and for the future.

There are some that simply don't deserve to call themselves fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad