GDT: Game 10 | Columbus vs. Detroit | 7 p.m. Oct. 30, Nationwide Arena | FS-OH

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Torts said on @971CandR, he's failing with Wennberg. He can't make him play the right way. Again zero PP/PK questions.

I do love Torts candor.

Wennberg is a pretty boy prima donna. Jarmo gives him the house and plays hardball with guys who are competitors.

Last edited:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Torts also referenced in the interview that sometimes it’s not money , the player has to want to be here , in reference to Bob . If he’s butthurt over the minuscule criticism he gets here in Columbus , I hope he’s traded to a pressure cooker like Toronto, Boston , or New York . I have no doubts he’s behind Panarins change of heart that shocked the team, and his teammates

Reactions: DJAnimosity

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Torts also referenced in the interview that sometimes it’s not money , the player has to want to be here , in reference to Bob . If he’s ******** over the minuscule criticism he gets here in Columbus , I hope he’s traded to a pressure cooker like Toronto, Boston , or New York . I have no doubts he’s behind Panarins change of heart that shocked the team, and his teammates

You keep spouting this and it keeps looking odd to me. Judging by the way the Toronto fans and media treat their players, they would have annointed Bobrovsky as Saint Sergei by this point for resurrecting their franchise, and renamed half the streets in his honor. They wouldn't have a kerfuffle over his salary, because of course he should be the highest paid goalie, he is the greatest goalie of the modern era, so they would say. And the Rangers aren't that much of a pressure cooker, really. They are very used to mediocre players, it is the New York specialty. Boston is a tough city to play for, and Philadelphia does like to eat it's children.

You could also make the narrative that Columbus fans think of a 6-5 record as some kind of special failure, which merits especially gruesome punishments, owing to that other team that has conditioned their ideas of what success is. Judging by my experience here, I don't think they are generous types when it comes to teams with average records.

Reactions: Viqsi

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
So quiet from Bus stop tonight.

What do you want me to say?

Its not like any of the goals were bad goals. If Korpisalo stays in the game after that 3rd goal, and got all those same shots Bob did after, the same thing probably happens. You could say the say the same thing probably happens if Bob is in net for the 1st 3 goals.

3 more games like that and we can talk. You should learn from me though and not get too cocky before the SJ game.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
What do you want me to say?

Its not like any of the goals were bad goals. If Korpisalo stays in the game after that 3rd goal, and got all those same shots Bob did after, the same thing probably happens. You could say the say the same thing probably happens if Bob is in net for the 1st 3 goals.

3 more games like that and we can talk. You should learn from me though and not get too cocky before the SJ game.

YOU GUYS ARE RUNNING OUT OF EXCUSES

55+ starts for Korpisalo and 2nd round of the playoffs.

Boiled, baked, or fried?

Really? Lol come on man, you would be all over someone for posting the same thing. You make excuses when you are proved wrong, then pound people relentlessly when you are right. You can't have it both ways.

I don't want to seem harsh, but you state one thing, then when it doesn't happen you try to change your argument so you still seem right. In this example you are using probably's and if's to make your argument "right" in your mind. Too bad that's not what happened, or happens.

You will have plenty more oppourtunity to be right without needing to modify the reality of the situation.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Really? Lol come on man, you would be all over someone for posting the same thing. You make excuses when you are proved wrong, then pound people relentlessly when you are right. You can't have it both ways.

I don't want to seem harsh, but you state one thing, then when it doesn't happen you try to change your argument so you still seem right. In this example you are using probably's and if's to make your argument "right" in your mind. Too bad that's not what happened, or happens.
You will have plenty more oppourtunity to be right without needing to modify the reality of the situation.

What and how have I been "proved wrong"? How does 1 period/game now somehow 'trump' all the other games?

And lets NOT act like Korpisalo played bad or lost the game for the CBJ. He let in 3 in the 1st so I really have no defense for him, other than that I really cant FAULT him for not stopping ANY of the goals. I think the best case scenario is him stopping 1 of the 3. I think you could say the same thing for Bob. I don't think that's out of line of making excuses.

And again, lets not act like Bob has somehow come in for 1 game and made up for the other 9/10 of the year. There has been a lot more BAD from Bob this season, than there was BAD from Korpisalo in that 1st period. I'd argue that it NEEDED to be this bad for them to give this opportunity that they ARE (not DID) giving Korpisalo. I don't think the DET game changed as much as some of you think, is all I am saying.

Korpisalo could be "starting" as early as next week, if we're honest, as he'll get 1 of the 2 starts this weekend. And really, at this point, are you 100% sure that Bob IS starting against SJ?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
What and how have I been "proved wrong"? How does 1 period/game now somehow 'trump' all the other games?

And lets NOT act like Korpisalo played bad or lost the game for the CBJ. He let in 3 in the 1st so I really have no defense for him, other than that I really cant FAULT him for not stopping ANY of the goals. I think the best case scenario is him stopping 1 of the 3. I think you could say the same thing for Bob. I don't think that's out of line of making excuses.

And again, lets not act like Bob has somehow come in for 1 game and made up for the other 9/10 of the year. There has been a lot more BAD from Bob this season, than there was BAD from Korpisalo in that 1st period. I'd argue that it NEEDED to be this bad for them to give this opportunity that they ARE (not DID) giving Korpisalo. I don't think the DET game changed as much as some of you think, is all I am saying.

Korpisalo could be "starting" as early as next week, if we're honest, as he'll get 1 of the 2 starts this weekend. And really, at this point, are you 100% sure that Bob IS starting against SJ?

Reactions: We Want Ten

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
...really?

Really?

What was your thought process here? What did you think my post meant or was asking?

You're trying so hard to prove something, that you end up proving the complete opposite. I wont say what I think that something is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad