Frk-Rasmussen-Hicketts

Cholowski-Green
Ericsson-Daley
Kronwall-Jensen

Howard
Bernier

SCRATCHED: ???
INJURED: Athanasiou, DeKeyser, Nielsen, Svechnikov, Zetterberg

Take these with an extra-large grain of salt -- I don't know if Hicketts is actually playing forward, or who, if anyone, are the healthy scratches for Detroit. We'll probably find out at some point today!

Reactions: Palm Tree

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Korpi in net.. gotta say I'm surprised.

Interested to see what story comes of this ... maybe Friedman was correct about Bob recently providing the team with a trade list.

Either way, I don't see how this helps us with the Bob situation in general besides the obvious fact the more consistent starts Korpisalo gets the more we'll know what we really have in him as a #1..

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017

Ask for a trade Bob. And let Torts ride the hot hand with someone else next month against Toronto, Dallas, Pittsburgh and Caps.

Reactions: SniperOnTheWing

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Korpi in net.. gotta say I'm surprised.

Interested to see what story comes of this ... maybe Friedman was correct about Bob recently providing the team with a trade list.

Either way, I don't see how this helps us with the Bob situation in general besides the obvious fact the more consistent starts Korpisalo gets the more we'll know what we really have in him as a #1..

Right. It's funny that some are having discussions here about trading Bob while at the same time arguing he stinks and it's time to be rid of him. If he stinks, who's going to trade for him?

I'm surprised Korp is getting the start. Is this tough love for Bob? Is it simply riding a hot hand, i.e. a lineup that's been winning?

Reactions: CPTN71

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Detroit is not a good team, you'd think Bob would benefit from an easier start and maybe begin to straighten out whatever is going on in his head right now.

Maybe let the Sharks shell him Thursday night instead. I'm sure that will help /s

Reactions: Maylo

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
YOU GUYS ARE RUNNING OUT OF EXCUSES

55+ starts for Korpisalo and 2nd round of the playoffs.

Boiled, baked, or fried?

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Detroit is not a good team, you'd think Bob would benefit from an easier start and maybe begin to straighten out whatever is going on in his head right now.

Maybe let the Sharks shell him Thursday night instead. I'm sure that will help /s
Well i hope Torts is true to his words you know, and when Korpi will get his win tonight he will put him against Sharks as well.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I bet Bob is being a pro about this. He knows he hasn't been good, and if he's the great goalie Bobrovsky he'll have the net back sooner or later, no problem.

That said Bob should be starting here. The team hasn't scored for him, but that's largely because he's started against stingier opponents while Korpi has started against the bad defensive teams. Break that pattern.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Why is it a surprise Korpis starting , his numbers are better , and the team plays better when he’s started . Based on Torts comments , Korpi is starting because ... A , the defense has been bad with both goalies , but Korpis demeanor of shrugging of a goal , continuing to battle , and making timely saves have been huge , and the team wins , when he starts . Bob doesn’t do that , he tends to give up goals in bunches . The Tampa game was ugly , giving up 8 goals , but let’s not forget , he was brutally bad in preseason as well , giving up 6 and 5 back to back . Not to mention , Bob won’t be here next year . As far as the talent faced , Bob has played possibly a little better competition , but it’s actually pretty close , and the games Korpi has played , our defense has been giving a lot more shots .

Against Arizona (Bob) 22 of 26
Against Chi (Bob) 22 of 25
Against Phi (Bob) 32 of 35
Against TBL (Bob ) 23 of 31
Against Col (Bob) 25 of 27

Korpi ... Against Buf. 34 of 38
Against Stl ... 33 of 37
Against Fla. 37 of 41
Against Det 18 of 20

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Darren Helm on the top line. Woof.

Cholowski-Green as a top pair. Woof.

That guy that just posted above me is really smart. Creamed punks for dinner tonight.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Why is it a surprise Korpis starting , his numbers are better , and the team plays better when he’s started . Based on Torts comments , Korpi is starting because ... A , the defense has been bad with both goalies , but Korpis demeanor of shrugging of a goal , continuing to battle , and making timely saves have been huge , and the team wins , when he starts . Bob doesn’t do that , he tends to give up goals in bunches . The Tampa game was ugly , giving up 8 goals , but let’s not forget , he was brutally bad in preseason as well , giving up 6 and 5 back to back . Not to mention , Bob won’t be here next year . As far as the talent faced , Bob has played possibly a little better competition , but it’s actually pretty close , and the games Korpi has played , our defense has been giving a lot more shots .

Against Arizona (Bob) 22 of 26
Against Chi (Bob) 22 of 25
Against Phi (Bob) 32 of 35
Against TBL (Bob ) 23 of 31
Against Col (Bob) 25 of 27

Korpi ... Against Buf. 34 of 38
Against Stl ... 33 of 37
Against Fla. 37 of 41
Against Det 18 of 20

Average goals against by team:

Arizona - 2
Chicago - 3.6
Philadelphia - 4.2
Tampa - 2.7
Colorado - 2.2
Carolina - 2.9

Buffalo - 3
St. Louis - 3.9
Florida - 3.9
Detroit - 3.9

You would expect Korpi to get a lot of goal support just by the opponents he's been up against. (Jackets, incidentally, are at 3.8!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bobcat110

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Jackets played a mediocre Coyotes team last week at home and lost. Should win tonight, but I won't be at all surprised if they lay an egg. No consistency with the team this season.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Jackets played a mediocre Coyotes team last week at home and lost. Should win tonight, but I won't be at all surprised if they lay an egg. No consistency with the team this season.
That mediocre Coyotes team then put a touchdown on Tampa with 1 goal allowed.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

That mediocre Coyotes team then put a touchdown on Tampa with 1 goal allowed.

YEAH.... MEDIOCRE!?!

They beat Bobrovsky too, ain't no stinkin' mediocre teams beatin' Bobrovsky...

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Average goals against by team:

Arizona - 2
Chicago - 3.6
Philadelphia - 4.2
Tampa - 2.7
Colorado - 2.2
Carolina - 2.9

Buffalo - 3
St. Louis - 3.9
Florida - 3.9
Detroit - 3.9

You would expect Korpi to get a lot of goal support just by the opponents he's been up against. (Jackets, incidentally, are at 3.8!)

Wow, those numbers seem to vary quite a bit between all the teams. I wonder if the 'goals forward' numbers look similar.

Its almost as if using the GF/GA numbers after 10 games in a season probably shouldn't be looked at as a good way to determine if a team is "good" or not.

But, continue on with the moving of the posts.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Wow, those numbers seem to vary quite a bit between all the teams. I wonder if the 'goals forward' numbers look similar.

Its almost as if using the GF/GA numbers after 10 games in a season probably shouldn't be looked at as a good way to determine if a team is "good" or not.

But, continue on with the moving of the posts.

I agree that goals-against thus far is a small sample size. Also, the teams against whom the Jackets scored a lot of goals have a high goals-against... maybe that's because the Jackets scored on them and not why they did.

That said, I don't think you understand what moving the goalposts means.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Hopefully Korpisalo goes out and is able to produce the "choke chain" to Torts, that seems to be needed at this time.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
That said, I don't think you understand what moving the goalposts means.

Maybe I don't, can you explain to me why I am wrong to use it in this situation?

Things are happening with the goalies/"goalie situation" that NOT long ago, many people were saying would NEVER HAPPEN. Now, along with completely ignoring that, all the most positive "pro Bob" narratives are being thrown about in a last ditch effort to "prove" that what IS HAPPENING on the ice, "isn't happening".

The 'good team/bad team' narrative IS on its last legs. Whether you think that's why they are starting Korpisalo in these games, or that its the reason his numbers and record are so much better. Or both.

The other narrative that does not have much time is the simple idea that Bob is BETTER than Korpisalo.

The claim that Bobrovsky is better right now, because he has won a Vezina in the past is wrong to me for 2 simple reasons. #1, Korpisalo has never had the opportunity to play an extended period of time other than 2015/16, when he put up good numbers. Lets look at those numbers shall we.

Joonas KorpisaloGMS31179778GAA2.60W16L114891SV%0.92020
Sergei BobrovskyGMS37210497GAA2.75W15L191952SV%0.90871
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Hmm... Hard teams, injuries, disrespectful front office, 'safe is death'?? Which one was it then?

And, MOST IMORTANTLY, The fact that you guys (not exactly "you" I guess) "attempt" to TAKE AWAY SO MUCH FROM THE REST OF THE ENTIRE TEAM IN THE PRAISE OF BOB and his winning of the Vezina(s). I'm not saying that he played bad then, or "hurt" the team over an extended time/full season, but this underlying idea that IMO is attempted to be passed off, that he has won these awards and put up these numbers while "DRAGGING" the team along couldn't be farther from the truth.

Grilled?

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

Maybe its time for "tough teams" Korpisalo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad