GDT: Game 10 | Columbus vs. Detroit | 7 p.m. Oct. 30, Nationwide Arena | FS-OH

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Maybe I don't, can you explain to me why I am wrong to use it in this situation?

Things are happening with the goalies/"goalie situation" that NOT long ago, many people were saying would NEVER HAPPEN. Now, along with completely ignoring that, all the most positive "pro Bob" narratives are being thrown about in a last ditch effort to "prove" that what IS HAPPENING on the ice, "isn't happening".

The 'good team/bad team' narrative IS on its last legs. Whether you think that's why they are starting Korpisalo in these games, or that its the reason his numbers and record are so much better. Or both.

The other narrative that does not have much time is the simple idea that Bob is BETTER than Korpisalo.

The claim that Bobrovsky is better right now, because he has won a Vezina in the past is wrong to me for 2 simple reasons. #1, Korpisalo has never had the opportunity to play an extended period of time other than 2015/16, when he put up good numbers. Lets look at those numbers shall we.

Joonas KorpisaloGMS31179778GAA2.60W16L114891SV%0.92020
Sergei BobrovskyGMS37210497GAA2.75W15L191952SV%0.90871
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Hmm... Hard teams, injuries, disrespectful front office, 'safe is death'?? Which one was it then?

And, MOST IMORTANTLY, The fact that you guys (not exactly "you" I guess) "attempt" to TAKE AWAY SO MUCH FROM THE REST OF THE ENTIRE TEAM IN THE PRAISE OF BOB and his winning of the Vezina(s). I'm not saying that he played bad then, or "hurt" the team over an extended time/full season, but this underlying idea that IMO is attempted to be passed off, that he has won these awards and put up these numbers while "DRAGGING" the team along couldn't be farther from the truth.

Grilled?

Only an individual poster can move their own goalposts. You have a habit of applying particular perspectives to entire swaths of the forum, whether that's accurate or not. Maybe it's time for you to drop "you guys" from your vernacular and just address the conversation at hand?

Why don't you start by going back through the poster you quoted's stated positions on the topic and then decide if that individual poster has changed their criteria over time?

Reactions: Viqsi

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Despite a bit of a lack luster start, we're 6-4. That's a WC pace, so hopefully we improve. At least we're scoring goals. Hopefully we can win the ones we are supposed to, like tonight.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Why don't you start by going back through the poster you quoted's stated positions on the topic and then decide if that individual poster has changed their criteria over time?

Ok, then I think I do know what it means and I believe I'm using it correctly here. I mean, that IS exactly what I am saying. It seems he is given a different excuse for a different thing each week. And it's more than a couple people.

The initial stated position by most was that this TOPIC doesn't or wouldn't exist.

NOW, we are "debating" why it exists.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Torts is going with the goalie who is 4-0-0. While I would have started Bob tonight and likely in the next game too, I can't say his decision is crazy to go with the one with more wins. Even if his underlying numbers just show that he is benefitting from more goal support.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Ok, then I think I do know what it means and I believe I'm using it correctly here. I mean, that IS exactly what I am saying. It seems he is given a different excuse for a different thing each week. And it's more than a couple people.

The initial stated position by most was that this TOPIC doesn't or wouldn't exist.

NOW, we are "debating" why it exists.

What topic? Who is "most"?

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I hope we win tonight, it would be nice to get some momentum.

Duclair has been great and I look forward to watching him, I think if we strengthen the bottom pair and 4th line we will be okay.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Don't care who is in net right now...just win!

I am pretty confident Bobs will not be here next year so as long as Bobs and Korpi are playing comparably I don't mind seeing if the kid can handle a heavier load. Next year we are looking at a three way battle between Korpi, Elvis and VV. Gonna be interesting!

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Do u guys think once dubinsky returns jenner will move back to wing?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Don't care who is in net right now...just win!

I am pretty confident Bobs will not be here next year so as long as Bobs and Korpi are playing comparably I don't mind seeing if the kid can handle a heavier load. Next year we are looking at a three way battle between Korpi, Elvis and VV. Gonna be interesting!
You think VV is ahead of Tarasov , and Kivlenieks?

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I'm hoping we force them to earn goals versus giving a bunch up on own mistake plays.

Would like to see a consistent team hit the ice tonight. No Chicago to Arizona dives, please. We can win this if we focus

Reactions: CPTN71

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
After 18 yrs you’d think I’d be numb to it.........:shakehead:shakehead goals against in the first/last minute

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Live look inside Nationwide Arena:

2nhlwck.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad