GDT: Game 10: Columbus Blue Jackets v.LA Kings

stickguy

Jan 20, 2013
With the defense, I think we get destroyed. QUOTE]

I think I am still more concerned with the offense. It is not like we have lost Bobby Orr, Nicklas Lidstrom and Larry Robinson. Moore had the worst plus/minus in the AHL 2 yrs ago, Aucoin is 70 yrs old and Nikitin was in the press box at the beginning of last season. The young D have been playing all year on a first place club, they might work together better then we expect.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
@RobMixer "#CBJ morning skate about to begin here at Nationwide. Nikita Nikitin taking part (still on IR) and looks like Steve Mason in goal."

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
@RobMixer "#CBJ morning skate about to begin here at Nationwide. Nikita Nikitin taking part (still on IR) and looks like Steve Mason in goal."

Prompting outrage from fans.

Two weeks ago: "Why can't they ride Bob when he's hot instead of playing Mason?"
Today: "Why can't they let Bob see some game action?"

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
We're going to need some serious puck possession and/or luck to get the W tonight. The knigs know the season is already starting to slip away from them (if they lose tonight they'll be 5pointsa out of the playoffs). I expect a kings team looking to show how good they are vs a soft opponent. I figure it either turns into a rout for the kings or a one goal victory for us. Regardless one of us will be 14th in the west after this game.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
We're going to need some serious puck possession and/or luck to get the W tonight. The knigs know the season is already starting to slip away from them (if they lose tonight they'll be 5pointsa out of the playoffs). I expect a kings team looking to show how good they are vs a soft opponent. I figure it either turns into a rout for the kings or a one goal victory for us. Regardless one of us will be 14th in the west after this game.

Hey, now. We are only a soft team 20 minutes a night.

anteater90

Jun 26, 2006
Hilliard
CBJ Win 3-1

Jack Johnson with 120 minutes of ice time. I know. I know. But he plays both defensive positions on every pairing. He is JMFJ!!!!

GO JACKETS!

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
@RobMixer "Nikitin is taking a regular shift today, as is Matt Calvert. We'll get an update from Todd Richards after the skate. #CBJ"

@RobMixer "Fedor Tyutin and Derick Brassard manning the point on the first unit PP. Jack Johnson-Mark Letestu the other duo. #CBJ"

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
@Aportzline "#CBJ Jared Boll has 119 fighting majors in his career. Next time he fights, he'll pass Jody Shelley (119) for most fights in club history."

How great would it be if he set the record taking out Carter?

Carter would probably skate as fast as he could in the opposite direction if he saw Boll anywhere in his vicinity.

Hooks

Jun 30, 2011
Carter would probably skate as fast as he could in the opposite direction if he saw Boll anywhere in his vicinity.

LOL. I have a unhealthy hatred for Carter. Would love to see Boll smash him.

CBJSprague24

"Scoreboard, son."
Oct 11, 2007
52mi from the Nat
Good to see Matty Ice back in the lineup.

During the lockout, I decided to play a second season on my NHL 12 Be a GM. The first two games on the schedule were against LA.

Carter had something like 2:13 of ice time and 15 PIMs between the two games when Steve Ott, Derek Dorsett, and Jared Boll got done with him.

I guess what I'm saying here is I'd like a similar outcome en route to a Jackets win tonight.

CBJMark

Feb 4, 2012
Nice!

I just want Dubi, Boll and Dorse to go Hansen Bros on Carter in a corner.

That or let JMFJ off his chain. In college he responded nicely to "Kill Jack Kill" chants. Of course the penalty he always took immediately would be a really stupid one.

This post, plus the Hansen Bros reference, made my pregame day.

orthosrgn2

Apr 26, 2007
There is no question Carter is a weasel and deserves to get his bell rung, but frankly I don't care how many goals he scores as long as the Jackets score one more than the LAKs.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
@Aportzline "#CBJ Jared Boll has 119 fighting majors in his career. Next time he fights, he'll pass Jody Shelley (119) for most fights in club history."

Like this?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Prompting outrage from fans.

Two weeks ago: "Why can't they ride Bob when he's hot instead of playing Mason?"
Today: "Why can't they let Bob see some game action?"

If Mason continues to play well, I think you need to ride him. let Bob be the back-up until Mase regresses (if he does) to the past three years form.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Would be the highlight of the game for me.

* * *​
With the defense, I think we get destroyed.

The defense that beat LA last year:

JMFJ-Wisniewski
Nikitin-Lebda
Moore-AJ

Mason started (and was credited with the win), but was injured midway through. Tyutin had been injured in the previous game (and wouldn't return for the rest of the season).

Also, Boll was injured at the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad