GDT: Game 10: Colorado @ Columbus, 7 PM ET

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
People chill - we just won against Colorado and people are dinging Domi.

Domi like Laine was brought in during Covid and no chemistry to build with the Team. Let it play out this year and then form an opinion.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Domi like Laine was brought in during Covid and no chemistry to build with the Team. Let it play out this year and then form an opinion.

I'm not really talking about Domi and Laine in particular here, but in my opinion you're overrating chemistry. When guys have been in the league for a long time, you can have a pretty good sense of how they play.

Reactions: Columbus Jack

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I'm not really talking about Domi and Laine in particular here, but in my opinion you're overrating chemistry. When guys have been in the league for a long time, you can have a pretty good sense of how they play.

I am also not just talking about chemistry but using that as an example. Plenty of GM’s think they know how certain players play or expect certain outcomes and get a different result when the Team plays. Let the season play out and then form opinions.

Reactions: thebus88

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA

Domi has had plenty of games and that style of play of undisciplined loose offensive is bad for this team. He'd be great in Philly, this team is playing well because of structure. I don't mean to turn this thread about Domi, someone posted about how they cant wait for Domi to come back. I say this team is playing better because he's not playing.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
What a game and especially what a monster performance by Jake Voracek! Oh man was he a real top line forward last night or what, in some shifts it felt like watching 2008 version of Rick Nash, just unstoppable. Overall very happy with the effort level from everyone. We got the bounces going our way in final minutes of the 3rd, a couple of times Avs also came close scoring GWG.

Some here were pleased with Chinakhov's work along the boards with the puck, I'm slightly disagreeing on this note. I thought he was not as good as his linemates at receiving passes, corralling loose pucks and being consistent with the stick handling and keeping possession.

Reactions: VT and Jan

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Good battle so far. Gotta go bed now.

No way. I was just about to close the stream.

Oh what a 3rd period that was! Absolute fight. CBJ controlled the play most of the time, and most of the guys that have had "quieter" start of the season got just so much better like Roslovic, Chinakov, also Texier who has played already better for a couple of games and got now that goal.

CBJ played really nice, composed game after the initial push by Colorado they kind of were not able to answer.

Reactions: VT

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Didn’t look at any analytics but it definitely seems like Texier’s game has been getting better.

Indeed, for many games now already. Also Chinakov, Roslovic played maybe their best games so far this season.

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Best game for Tex in a while too. He's been great on the 4th line and on the pk
I do not know why you keep calling the third line for the fourth line.
Kuraly's 3th line was in many ways our best line, for most of the game. And yes it was probably Texier's best game in this season.
About Roslovic's 4Th line, that line seams to work better with Stenlund instead of with Chinakhov.
Maybe partly since Roslovic did pass the puck more than in any game before.
Still it is the Roslovic's line that is the 4Th line and the worst of our lines. Especially today, they was always put up against the weaker line.

On one of our two first line, Voracek really had his best game of the season.
Then again, we control the matchup and we played they other top line and the 3Th line against their top lines.
Still it is Voracek that is the glue, that bind the two youngster together and he did very well in this game.

About Domi and Laine, they was brought in at a season, where there was no real training camp, in a team with may chances on key places. With coach that changes lines faster than a Hollywood actress changes shoes. How is that suppose to work?

This season they has both been good, but neither has yet been anything near superstar good.
That said I do think that Laine has improved that much defensive, that I could easy see a Laine-Jenner-Bjorkstrand line and that could be fun, but that depend on if Voracek can keep the two youngster hot.

I think Laine has been the best defensive forward, on the two top lines, so far this season. So much so, that even without scoring much, this is in my point of view his best season.
About his scoring, or lark of, we must all expect that to improve over this season, when he returns.
Domi has also been better this season

Then about if we need the two of them?
Well we played our best total game of the season without them, and against a a top opponent, but I do not think any here can claim, that it was because of not being with them.

A team is never better than their weakest link, and I was personally impressed by the game of Stenlund in this game. Well probably not impressed, but Stenlund was much better in this game, than I had expected.
Yes he got 4Th line time and should only have that, but he did fine. I Think.

Reactions: Halberdier

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
With a lot more young talent on the way, I suspect that both Domi, in particular, but also Nyquist, will be available at trade deadline for another first round pick in next year’s draft. Of course if we are actually battling for a playoff spot at deadline, I think they keep Nyquist.

Reactions: Jan

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I do not know why you keep calling the third line for the fourth line.
Kuraly's 3th line was in many ways our best line, for most of the game. And yes it was probably Texier's best game in this season.
About Roslovic's 4Th line, that line seams to work better with Stenlund instead of with Chinakhov.
Maybe partly since Roslovic did pass the puck more than in any game before.
Still it is the Roslovic's line that is the 4Th line and the worst of our lines. Especially today, they was always put up against the weaker line.

On one of our two first line, Voracek really had his best game of the season.
Then again, we control the matchup and we played they other top line and the 3Th line against their top lines.
Still it is Voracek that is the glue, that bind the two youngster together and he did very well in this game.
Chinakov's play without the puck is average, Stenlund's is better. That's what Roslovic needs. Of course now because I expect Yegor`ll progress.
About Domi and Laine, they was brought in at a season, where there was no real training camp, in a team with may chances on key places. With coach that changes lines faster than a Hollywood actress changes shoes. How is that suppose to work?

This season they has both been good, but neither has yet been anything near superstar good.
That said I do think that Laine has improved that much defensive, that I could easy see a Laine-Jenner-Bjorkstrand line and that could be fun, but that depend on if Voracek can keep the two youngster hot.

I think Laine has been the best defensive forward, on the two top lines, so far this season. So much so, that even without scoring much, this is in my point of view his best season.
About his scoring, or lark of, we must all expect that to improve over this season, when he returns.
Domi has also been better this season

Then about if we need the two of them?
Well we played our best total game of the season without them, and against a a top opponent, but I do not think any here can claim, that it was because of not being with them.

A team is never better than their weakest link, and I was personally impressed by the game of Stenlund in this game. Well probably not impressed, but Stenlund was much better in this game, than I had expected.
Yes he got 4Th line time and should only have that, but he did fine. I Think.
Jan, you've been replaced, where are you real? ;)
Remember how I told you all this last season? Laine knows it, but it seems that not only psychology but also fitness didn't allow him to show all his qualities. He improved in all aspects of play in this season. By the way, I think he's the best of the first three lines. I mean in order of the lines.
Let people don`t forget Voracek skated better in that game and the last period against Colorado in Denver than at the beginning of the season, he won more battles around the net in that two games. That must have influenced the line play as well. He was really great, so many cahnces created for partners and only one goal from d-man. Besides, even though Chinakhov tried his best, it was obvious that he doesn't have a first/second line yet (but all can change). Of course IMHO and only now.
What`s happen Laine -- Jenner -- Bjorkstrand. Lars tried this line against Detroit in the 3rd period and it played very good. Voracek was moved to Roslovic and Nyquist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Halberdier and Jan

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Chinakov's play without the puck is average, Stenlund's is better. That's what Roslovic needs. Of course now because I expect Yegor`ll progress.

Jan, you've been replaced, where are you real? ;)
Remember how I told you all this last season? Laine knows it, but it seems that not only psychology but also fitness didn't allow him to show all his qualities. He improved in all aspects of play in this season. By the way, I think he's the best of the first three lines. I mean in order of the lines.
Let people don`t forget Voracek skated better in that game and the last period against Colorado in Denver than at the beginning of the season, he won more battles around the net in that two games. That must have influenced the line play as well. He was really great, so many cahnces created for partners and only one goal from d-man. Besides, even though Chinakhov tried his best, it was obvious that he doesn't have a first/second line yet (but all can change). Of course IMHO and only now.
What`s happen Laine -- Jenner -- Bjorkstrand. Lars tried this line against Detroit in the 3rd period and it played very good. Voracek was moved to Roslovic and Nyquist.
You must have watched a different game than I did , Chinakov was one of our best players on the ice last night . His maturity , attention to detail is flat out special for a kid playing in his 6th game in the NHL

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
With a lot more young talent on the way, I suspect that both Domi, in particular, but also Nyquist, will be available at trade deadline for another first round pick in next year’s draft. Of course if we are actually battling for a playoff spot at deadline, I think they keep Nyquist.
No doubt..There we’re a handful of scouts mentioned to be at the game last night . Nyquist will be on the move , as will Korpi, and Domi

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I know things can change over time since we are effectively 12% through the season but...

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
Well, I was lucky to have picked a pretty awesome game to make it back to NWA for the first time since COVID. That was fun!
I'll cherry pick two things that I loved: (1) Tex - beastly on the PK and was so awesome to see him cash one in on the tying goal. (2) About 30 seconds before Sillinger's GW'er, I was thinking to myself "how awesome is it that this team/coach continues to roll 4 lines and has two of the youngest kids out there in crunch time?"

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
You must have watched a different game than I did , Chinakov was one of our best players on the ice last night . His maturity , attention to detail is flat out special for a kid playing in his 6th game in the NHL
I said Chinakhov was very good. My words were about his play without the puck, because because of it Stenlund is better for Roslovic now. That are two difference things.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00