GDT: Game 10: Colorado @ Columbus, 7 PM ET

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
With a lot more young talent on the way, I suspect that both Domi, in particular, but also Nyquist, will be available at trade deadline for another first round pick in next year’s draft. Of course if we are actually battling for a playoff spot at deadline, I think they keep Nyquist.

Neither player has the playoff resume to get a 1st. Maybe if Domi stands on his head when he comes back from injury. Nyquist is simply overpaid and isn't on an expiring deal, he'd need salary retention.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Personally I have a lot of trust in Chinakhov away from the puck. He is so well trained. If I had a complaint it would be his puckhandling.
IMHO he isn't ideal yet. Again, I haven`t written it was bad but still not ideal. That`s why he wasn`t so good with Roslovic like with Cole and Jakub because Jack needs players who are good without the puck. Remember his line with Grigorenko and Bemstrom. But it's only a matter of time, in case of Yegor it won't take long, according to me.

Btw if Yegor is progress we can leave Chinakhov-Sillinger-Voracek as it is and try Laine-Domi-Bjorkstrand. Of course if Patrik although plays in defense like before his injury. Althought it`s true then the problem will be who to put to Jack.

Last edited:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
MM. I agree that Nyquist still has term on his contract, thus I agree it is more likely that Domi could be traded at the deadline than Nyquist.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I was really impressed with Voracek last night. He took control and was that guy I hated to see every time we played Philly.

Majority of the lines were rolling. I just wish Roslovic would get something to get him going.

If we play 85% of the way we played last night for most of the season we are going to be a hard team to beat.

I was so pumped last night!!

Reactions: VT

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Since first preseason game Bjorky has been so on point. nothing too flashy but he's really dominating.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Voracek has been awesome in his last 3 games. He makes offensive plays for others and those are beautiful.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Voracek if you still read HF boards, you’re a beauty and we love you.

Bayreuther isn’t bad but his pace of play needs to be quicker if he wants to stick around. He was fighting it last tonight.

Last edited:

Jan

Jan 30, 2021
Chinakov's play without the puck is average, Stenlund's is better. That's what Roslovic needs. Of course now because I expect Yegor`ll progress.

Jan, you've been replaced, where are you real? ;)
Remember how I told you all this last season? Laine knows it, but it seems that not only psychology but also fitness didn't allow him to show all his qualities. He improved in all aspects of play in this season. By the way, I think he's the best of the first three lines. I mean in order of the lines.
Let people don`t forget Voracek skated better in that game and the last period against Colorado in Denver than at the beginning of the season, he won more battles around the net in that two games. That must have influenced the line play as well. He was really great, so many cahnces created for partners and only one goal from d-man. Besides, even though Chinakhov tried his best, it was obvious that he doesn't have a first/second line yet (but all can change). Of course IMHO and only now.
What`s happen Laine -- Jenner -- Bjorkstrand. Lars tried this line against Detroit in the 3rd period and it played very good. Voracek was moved to Roslovic and Nyquist.
First of all, I has never said that Laine was without qualities, but he was bad last season. It was clear, as I one time wrote in our discussion that some of it was lark of conditioning.

You must have watched a different game than I did , Chinakov was one of our best players on the ice last night . His maturity , attention to detail is flat out special for a kid playing in his 6th game in the NHL
I do not think that VT wrote that Chinakhov had been bad. We can discuss if it is that Stenlund fit better with Roslovic or Roslovic that had been better passing the puck, before he himself was trapped.
Or maybe the fact that he was matched against weaker opponent.

We really have 2 second lines and 2 third lines.
Sorry we do have a fourth line, and that is Roslovic and that is fourth line level they has been playing with.
That said this was Roslovics best game of the season, but that do not tell much.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
First of all, I has never said that Laine was without qualities, but he was bad last season. It was clear, as I one time wrote in our discussion that some of it was lark of conditioning.
Nobody denies that he played bad. But you and majormajor said he has average or even below average hockey IQ and this is a reason he can't defend, play without the puck.

I do not think that VT wrote that Chinakhov had been bad. We can discuss if it is that Stenlund fit better with Roslovic or Roslovic that had been better passing the puck, before he himself was trapped.
Or maybe the fact that he was matched against weaker opponent.
@The 5th Laine didn`t understand me. I said about a part of his play but not about all play. Because Yegor really played very good. And I'm going to be stricter with him because I like him a lot as a player. :nod:;)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Nobody denies that he played bad. But you and majormajor said he has average or even below average hockey IQ and this is a reason he can't defend, play without the puck.

Actually I said his biggest defensive problem was his play with the puck, specifically turnovers.

Reactions: Jan

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Btw, regarding Cole Sillinger and Jakub Voracek.
1. Cole's dad, Mike played with Rick Nash in his first game, assisted on his the 1th goal in NHL.
2. A few years later CBJ drafted Jakub Voracek, Rick Nash was his partner for part of his the 1th season.
3. Now Jakub is playing with Cole, Cole's dad, Mike, is sitting in the tribune. Rick Nash is Director of Player Development.
:):):)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad