GDT: Game 10 - CBJ vs CAR - 24 Oct, 7pm, @Nat

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Just like Torts....he'll never truly get out of your dog house. Maybe you and Torts can go into partnership on a kennel.
What has Torts done to be in the doghouse? Last time I checked, Columbus didn't make the playoffs a whole lot before he got here. As far as Milano goes, I have seen him play enough times in person to have formed my opinion on him. I sit behind the goal in the corner at Monsters games and seen him literally stand 2 feet in front of me and bank goals in off the goalie. You can look up my posts as I have said he has a great shot and is a solid passer. But of all the games I have seen him play, his best stretch was in the 8 games of the playoffs last year. He was getting in the play, knocking people off the puck, and getting under peoples skin. He had 10 points in those 8 games, and only 2 were goals. That is the way I think he needs to play, and I think that is what Torts is waiting for. Right now he is still a liability late in games. I want him to do good, and it is frustrating that he isn't better, but you can't count on the kind of goals he has scored this year. He has to get dirty and control the puck better, and make some plays.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
sucks because the standings have ROW but not “regulation wins” so you are really flying blind. Hope the NHL adds this column toward playoff time
Very true..... a team could have 20 wins but only 10 regulation wins... One must subtract the ROW from the wins to know how many wins were in regulation.. They should have left it alone.

Reactions: DJAnimosity

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Very true..... a team could have 20 wins but only 10 regulation wins... One must subtract the ROW from the wins to know how many wins were in regulation.. They should have left it alone.
ROW is not even ROW anymore, it's a non regulation overtime win which is NOT a regulation win... crazy..

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I agree with you 99 percent of the time. But that's a nay for me.
I believe he has said that he prefers to be called PL.. he looks like Money to me. We need to get Andy on the score sheet too.. glad there was a Cam sighting.. we have missed him since the Tampa series.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Korpisalo impressed me with his resilience. I though that he was going to get smoked tonight.

Terrible first and third periods. Great second. Will take the 2 points but the type of game that the CBJ played tonight won't generally cut it.

Wennberg was hot garbage tonight.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
nope. Regulation wins are the first tiebreaker this year:
  1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).
  2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in Overtime or by Shootout (i.e., "Regulation Wins").
  3. The greater number of games won, excluding games won by Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.
  4. The greater number of games won by the Club in any manner (i.e, "Total Wins"). This figure is reflected in the W column.
  5. The greater number of points earned in games against each other among two or more tied clubs. For the purpose of determining standing for two or more Clubs that have not played an even number of games with one or more of the other tied Clubs, the first game played in the city that has the extra game (the "odd game") shall not be included. When more than two Clubs are tied, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other (and not including any "odd games") shall be used to determine standing.
  6. The greater differential between goals for and against (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the DIFF column.
  7. The greater number of goals scored (including goals scored in Overtime or awarded for prevailing in Shootouts) for the entire regular season. This figure is reflected in the GF column.
NHL.com still has a ROW category on their standings for regulation and overtime wins.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
What has Torts done to be in the doghouse? Last time I checked, Columbus didn't make the playoffs a whole lot before he got here. As far as Milano goes, I have seen him play enough times in person to have formed my opinion on him. I sit behind the goal in the corner at Monsters games and seen him literally stand 2 feet in front of me and bank goals in off the goalie. You can look up my posts as I have said he has a great shot and is a solid passer. But of all the games I have seen him play, his best stretch was in the 8 games of the playoffs last year. He was getting in the play, knocking people off the puck, and getting under peoples skin. He had 10 points in those 8 games, and only 2 were goals. That is the way I think he needs to play, and I think that is what Torts is waiting for. Right now he is still a liability late in games. I want him to do good, and it is frustrating that he isn't better, but you can't count on the kind of goals he has scored this year. He has to get dirty and control the puck better, and make some plays.

I agree with both sides here to an extent. I would not have benched the kids all 3rd, but Bemstrom and Milano I'd have sat for the final 10 minutes. There's good reasons to bench guys who aren't consistently reliable defensively, but starting that 40 minutes into the game seems like unnecessary panic mode, which is a thing I think we see a lot from Torts. He gets excited and does things that he himself wouldn't agree with.

Reactions: GoJackets1

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Wennberg was hot garbage tonight.

I didn't think Wennie had a good game. But if you're going to chew him out for going ~15% on the draws (you did last game), then you should give him credit for going 85% on the draws tonight.

There's also no sign of hot garbage in the fancy stats - Wenny was about even on corsi and had a good positive margin on expected goals. If only some of our other players could learn how to have a hot garbage game and not hurt the team...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I didn't think Wennie had a good game. But if you're going to chew him out for going ~15% on the draws (you did last game), then you should give him credit for going 85% on the draws tonight.

There's also no sign of hot garbage in the fancy stats - Wenny was about even on corsi and had a good positive margin on expected goals. If only some of our other players could learn how to have a hot garbage game and not hurt the team...

Also got smacked in the face by stick on a follow through and didn't miss a shift. Only mentioning because people question his toughness.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
As I posted in a thread about a week ago, this is the CBJ this year. Lots if tight low scoring games where the CBJ will prevail more often than not while the team develops. Torts is doing a good job o keeping the players focused upon the thin line between winning and losing. CBJ are definitely wild card candidates. This is definitely going to be a fun situation to watch. We are definitely "competitive". It will be interesting to see how this all works out, Could Sonny eventually become the new Panarin gift eventually skills like Panarin?

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Speaking of Panarin.....I might be crazy for saying this, but Bemstrom looks an awful lot like bread the way he skates with and moves the puck to teammates. He needs more touches and ice time at 5v5 (as does Tex).

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Speaking of Panarin.....I might be crazy for saying this, but Bemstrom looks an awful lot like bread the way he skates with and moves the puck to teammates. He needs more touches and ice time at 5v5 (as does Tex).

He looked pretty good in the first period. After that he faded away (so did Tex). But its encouraging that he's starting to get more chances offensively.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
well my work here is done ;)

I had a great time with you tonight , bye guys :)
hatsoff.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad