GDT: Game 10 - CBJ vs CAR - 24 Oct, 7pm, @Nat

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
And now a rematch against a division opponent. We started the points streak against them; can it continue?

Projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Nick Foligno - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Cam Atkinson
Gustav Nyquist - Alexander Wennberg - Oliver Bjorkstrand
Alexandre Texier - Boone Jenner - Josh Anderson
Emil Bemstrom - Riley Nash - Sonny Milano

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Markus Nutivaara - Ryan Murray
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard

Joonas Korpisalo
Elvis Merzlikins

Scratches:
Jakob Lilja, Dean Kukan, Scott Harrington

Roster Report: Lilja was scratched for the first time this year Monday in Toronto as Anderson returned from injured reserve, while Murray returned to the lineup against the Leafs after missing a game with an upper-body injury. Nutivaara could be a game-day decision, as he missed practice Wednesday; Tortorella said he's "dinged up" but day-to-day.

The hurricanes.nhl.com preview article doesn't have a projected lineup, but does note (among other things) that the Canes have had five days off, so they've had plenty of time to prepare.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
For the record, I'm almost certainly going to miss most of this game and catch it later, as we're going to have folks over tonight. Alas.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
And now a rematch against a division opponent. We started the points streak against them; can it continue?

Projected lineup per bluejackets.com:

The hurricanes.nhl.com preview article doesn't have a projected lineup, but does note (among other things) that the Canes have had five days off, so they've had plenty of time to prepare.

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info
.....Sounds like maybe Andy and Bjork flipped slots in practice.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Torts just said no Nuti and Harrington in.
I guess Torts feels he cannot play faves between Kukan and Harry and wants to make sure neither is too rusty but based on skills I envisioned Kukan as a fill in for Murray/Nuti and Harry as a fill in for Gavy/Savy.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Oddly, HF's can't-let-go contingent seems to have left him off the list for daily updates, too.
I’m one who didn’t care to resign him based on the contract I thought he’d generate....but darned if his 7 pts. wouldn’t make him our leading scorer. Nevertheless, he wasn’t a fit here.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
im more curious as to why he refuses to talk about his tenure here. Something had to have happened or there’s some hurt feelings here.

Oh something definitely happened.

He was ineffective in the playoffs and got benched. His value cratered on the eve of what should have been his big career payday.

He had 56 pts in the regular season and ended up signing a two year deal at $3.375m per. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to forget it and move on.

Reactions: thebus88

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Oh something definitely happened.

He was ineffective in the playoffs and got benched. His value cratered on the eve of what should have been his big career payday.

He had 56 pts in the regular season and ended up signing a two year deal at $3.375m per. I wouldn't blame him for wanting to forget it and move on.

Once again, you speak way beyond what you'd really have any reason to know.

He was a 45 points player for a crap team. His value may have gone down (from what HE wanted) for any number of reasons. He/his agent may have overestimated his value. He may have not signed early enough in the UFA period and cap space had evaporated by the time he got wise. One playoff stint playing under a coach who may not have liked him isn't the reason his value wasn't what HE thought it should be.

Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad