Pre-Game Talk: GAME #10 - Canucks @ Wild (February 7th 5:00 SPAC) - You're Invited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Yeah, because Schneider didn't tell him to say that. :shakehead His agent wouldn't have gone off-the-cuff like that without his client's approval. This way, he gets to express himself while being able to deflect questions to his agent.

Why u overreacting bro?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Schneider plays, and wins this game. Schroeder first NHL goal.

Canucks win 3-2 in regulation. :amazed:

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
I know it's the tenth game of the season...but having Bure in the title is totally misleading. I thought his number was finally being retired before remembering it was an away game.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
You're being a bit silly.

How so? Care to elaborate on how this is not a concern to you?

I'm not saying I blame Schneider for being anxious to be a #1 goaltender, I just don't like that he's using his agent to stir the pot in the media. I also think it's a bit quick to be going this route, considering how early in the season it is. We saw how quickly the Hodgson situation deteriorated with Canucks management when he started making ice time demands.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC

I'm not saying I blame Schneider for being anxious to be a #1 goaltender, I just don't like that he's using his agent to stir the pot in the media. I also think it's a bit quick to be going this route, considering how early in the season it is. We saw how quickly the Hodgson situation deteriorated with Canucks management when he started making ice time demands.
Schneider has patiently waiting almost 5 years to become a starter. It's not the same thing.

Cody atleast played on the ice in every game. Try sitting on the bench while luongo played 50+ games per year.

Pseudonymous*

Luongo is getting more starts because he is putting up insane stats (hes not going to maintain 1.53GAA), anything other than that, schneider would get more starts. Things will balance out.. and luongo is going to be traded eventually.

this board is something else. hah

Its true, you can overanalyze anything to a point of where it appears the other way

Steve Bennett*

3-1 Canucks

1st period

4:44 Some wild guy goals
4:51 Kassian (Schroeder Tanev)

2nd period

NO SCORING!!!

3rd period

19:40 Schroeder (Kassian Schneider)
19:55 Volpatti (Weise Ballard)

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
Calling it - Schroeder will score his first NHL goal in his home state in front of his friends and family. Can't ask for a better story than that! Go Shredder!

Methinks Schneider will get the start in this one.

Wild killer?

That's be nice.

Crows*

Always a bad feeling in minny. Team is due for another blowout.

5-1 wild.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Outside of their big 3 of Koivu, Parise, and Heatley, these guys don't appear to have any forwards that can score. Their next guy is Bouchard with 2 goals and 1 assist through 9 games. They also have the 21st ranked PP (1 worse than us) and the 26th ranked offense, so goals could be hard to come by. Keys to the game? Shut down their top line, plain and simple. If we can do that, they don't have the depth to match us throughout their line-up.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary

FFS...stop over-reacting.

Doesn't matter if they start Schneider or Luongo. If the team plays like they do for most games in Minny, the goalie isn't going to make a difference.

The new look Wild should be interesting though.

HAMMY5

Jan 22, 2013
Abbotsford BC
God I hope we don't blow chunks and lose 5-1 with Schneider in net.

I bought his signed rookie card at the start of the season.

I Fear My purchasing of that card has thrown off the balance in the universe and is the reason for all of his misfortune.:(

But I still believe Nucks will win 3-2 in OT or SO of course.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Parise
Brodziak
Daniel Sedin

Daniel Sedin
Zack Kassian

Koivu
Henrik Sedin

4-3 nucks

Forgot all about Brodziak. I remember a Poll on the Polls section of the forum a long time ago asking who would you rather have, Brodziak or Kesler. For serious.

That said, he always seems to show up against Vancouver.

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Forgot all about Brodziak. I remember a Poll on the Polls section of the forum a long time ago asking who would you rather have, Brodziak or Kesler. For serious.

That said, he always seems to show up against Vancouver.

Reminds me of Brunette. Long time NW division player who always shows up against it.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Reminds me of Brunette. Long time NW division player who always shows up against it.

Yeah, Brunette has fallen off in recent years, but he used to eat this team alive. Too many bad memories...

I'd say the title of "Chief Canuck Killer" these days belongs to Teemu Selanne. Even at the ripe old age of 104, he still lights the Canucks up.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I'd say the title of "Chief Canuck Killer" these days belongs to Teemu Selanne. Even at the ripe old age of 104, he still lights the Canucks up.

Alex Steen was making a good case for himself last year.

Reminds me of another member of the Blues that killed us one season. So bad so that we missed the playoffs by just one point/tie I think.

Stupid Sanford. :p:

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Alex Steen was making a good case for himself last year.

Reminds me of another member of the Blues that killed us one season. So bad so that we missed the playoffs by just one point/tie I think.

Stupid Sanford. :p:

9 goals in 16 career games against Vancouver for Steen. Pretty impressive indeed.

And Sanford is 5-1-2 in 9 career GP against Vancouver with a 1.75GAA and .945SVP with 1 SO. (his best SVP vs. any team in the league)

St. Louis in general seemed/seems to give us problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad