Post-Game Talk: GAME #10: Canucks 4, Senators 1 (Boeser x2, Pettersson, Pearson): 3-for-3 and back to .500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
ANNOUNCEMENT
6C6DBC02-5D08-4B5A-8C85-1B124D071864.gif

Lineups updated as per NHL.com

Changes will....
F298E2E9-1614-4065-9598-3BF1A19565BD.gif

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Great style for the GDT! Are those all real EA stats for the players though? If so, yikes.

Petey V. Dadanov...I think Pettersson is pissed off now. There was another hit the other night where he knocked a much larger player on his rearend. Beast mode activated.

Gaudette swapping for the other Green favorite in Virtanen isn't a bad thing. I'd prefer both, split up, on our roster, but let's see if Gaudette can deliver.

I'm glad Hawryluk is recovering, I wonder what he will be doing on our roster when he's back.

I still want Benning and Green sacked, but I am more then happy to watch and cheer a winning team.

When he was injured in camp by Motte, he was listed as a Utica Comet on both CapFriendly and EliteProspects. I have no idea what that meant, but in his 4 seasons in pro hockey he has played 148 games in the AHL and only 68 in the NHL. It appears by the total games played in the past 2 years when most of those NHL games were played he was not a game day regular. His career mirrors that of Justin Bailey. Both are .64 PPG in the AHL. In the NHL the numbers fall of with Bailey at .14 in 65 GP and Hawryluk at .32 in 68 GP.

I have no idea what Vancouver will do, but Bailey hasn't been used yet. Maybe it will be different with Jayce. However, if the roster remains with the same number as today healthy and Jayce is ready to go, somebody has to be sent down. If you have followed my posts on the Utica thread, you would know I would send down Michaelis, because a rookie needs to be playing in all situations and not lolling about on a taxi squad. Thus, Hawryluk would be a roster or taxi member. However, I don't make the calls.

Last edited:

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Edler, Beagle, McEwan, and Roussel are the only Canucks to play all or almost all the games so far, and to not get a goal. I predict at least one of them will pot one tonight, likely Roussel.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Why not? His numbers were virtually identical to Demko's when this series started. You are not alone in expressing a lack of confidence in him here but it baffles me; I think he's looked cool and calm and has played well despite being subjected to endless 2 on 1's and even breakaways. He's won a Vezina and a Cup. Why are so many here writing him off 10 games in?

Murray has won 2 cups! Looking for him to nail down a win based on past behaviors?

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Hoping for an EP hat trick. The way this series has gone it'll probably be Beagle's turn to score 2 or 3 tonight.

wreckless

Apr 27, 2010
vancouver
Virtanen is such a tragedy.

i played against his brother once in a ashl game and the guy was a total jerk. like over the top douche. I thought to myself dude, you are approaching this totally wrong. then I thought to myself, I wonder if Jake is doing the same thing..

ironically, I also played against Lucics brother, and he was a dick too lol.

that said, I'm a big Virtanen fan and was really hoping he'd step up.

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
If Virtanen sits.. I would really rather see Hawryluk than any more of Gaudette..
Not me. I don't think Gaudette will ever have the two-way chops to be an effective third line centre but it would be really interesting to see if he has enough of a scoring touch to be a top six winger. I would like to see more of this.

Reactions: Learntoread

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Lets get .500 please, after this pre-season its over and its time to beat the rest of Canada.

Reactions: Zombotron

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Chatfield is a goddamn blackhole offensively. I bet the only reason Juolevi is not playing is because of Green's RHD-LHD OCD. He even moved NS back to the left side.

Reactions: LordBacon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad