Post-Game Talk: GAME #10: Canucks 4, Senators 1 (Boeser x2, Pettersson, Pearson): 3-for-3 and back to .500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Great style for the GDT! Are those all real EA stats for the players though? If so, yikes.

Petey V. Dadanov...I think Pettersson is pissed off now. There was another hit the other night where he knocked a much larger player on his rearend. Beast mode activated.

Gaudette swapping for the other Green favorite in Virtanen isn't a bad thing. I'd prefer both, split up, on our roster, but let's see if Gaudette can deliver.

I'm glad Hawryluk is recovering, I wonder what he will be doing on our roster when he's back.

I still want Benning and Green sacked, but I am more then happy to watch and cheer a winning team.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Hawryluk should be a good addition to our bottom 6

I’m curious to see what he can do - more excited for a bit more competition waiting in the wings to keep the guys in the lineup honest. Virtanen and Gaudette didn’t have the finishes to last year or the starts to this year that many would have hoped for; it should be an extra kick in the pants to know there’s other guys the organization has brought in that are waiting in the wings looking for their jobs.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Don't believe we're looking at another lopsided game tonight. Hard to dominate any NHL team for three games in a row....sensing we might be looking at a high-scoring, wild OT or shootout game.

Assuming that Holtby is between the pipes tonight......Canucks will have to be a lot tidier in the first period than they were in the last game.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Don't believe we're looking at another lopsided game tonight. Hard to dominate any NHL team for three games in a row....sensing we might be looking at a high-scoring, wild OT or shootout game.

Assuming that Holtby is between the pipes tonight......Canucks will have to be a lot tidier in the first period than they were in the last game.

Nope I have to disagree with you here, Canucks are gonna absolutely dominate this game. JT Miller still mad about the first couple games and won’t be happy until he wins it all

JT Miller is entering his final form

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
It is amazing to watch the difference in this team when they have their confidence vs during the losing streak. Other than porous goaltending the Sens have played surprisingly good hockey. In February we play every other team in the division. It is going to be a telling month.

I love just about everything about where we are going right now. In a year we dump every one of the crap salaries and are going to have an incredible squad of young talent. Man, the list is long....Huggy, Petey, Hogs, Olli, Brock, Tyler, Bo, and Demko are all 25 or under. And Chatfield and MacEwen both look like they are going to be solid NHLers. Gaudette may still break out now that he has fixed his chronic gastric problems. Finally, we will get Podz before the end of the year.

They are young, so there are going to be periods of frustration. But man, are they fun to watch.

I know there are delusional detractors out there who have convinced themselves that posting on here is going to get Benning and Green fired. Personally, I think they are both doing great and it is going to be a marvelous next five years.
"Good hockey". Really? Are you serious? Other than the first period last night where they deserved a better fate, Ottawa's defensive play is Guddy awful! I'm excited about the Canucks future too but the Senators have played like absolute crap for 5 of the 6 periods played so far.

Reactions: geebaan

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
6-1 Canucks goals by Hog, Horvat, Pearson, Edler, Gaudette and Schmidt

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Finish out the sweep with no points surrendered.

Ottawa isn't any good and the Canucks can't let them off the mat.
I’m hopeful of a sweep, but Holtby doesn’t exactly breed confidence. If we give up as many great scoring chances tonight as in the first two games Holtby will likely let in 6 or more. We must play better defensively, especially with the weaker goalie in nets.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I’m hopeful of a sweep, but Holtby doesn’t exactly breed confidence. If we give up as many great scoring chances tonight as in the first two games Holtby will likely let in 6 or more. We must play better defensively, especially with the weaker goalie in nets.
Do any of the Senators goalies breed confidence?

Reactions: Luckylarry

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I’m hopeful of a sweep, but Holtby doesn’t exactly breed confidence.

Why not? His numbers were virtually identical to Demko's when this series started. You are not alone in expressing a lack of confidence in him here but it baffles me; I think he's looked cool and calm and has played well despite being subjected to endless 2 on 1's and even breakaways. He's won a Vezina and a Cup. Why are so many here writing him off 10 games in?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Why not? His numbers were virtually identical to Demko's when this series started. You are not alone in expressing a lack of confidence in him here but it baffles me; I think he's looked cool and calm and has played well despite being subjected to endless 2 on 1's and even breakaways. He's won a Vezina and a Cup. Why are so many here writing him off 10 games in?
He’s played poorly for two years now, plus these ten games. That’s why.

Reactions: I am toxic

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Let's go for the sweep!

Going to enjoy this one with a weed vaporizer in one hand, watching /r/wallstreetbets, and having the game on in the background.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad