Post-Game Talk: GAME #10: Canucks 4, Senators 1 (Boeser x2, Pettersson, Pearson): 3-for-3 and back to .500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Gaudette was way more of a shit disturber before he went Pro, I for one am happy to see that side of his game for a change
If Gaud wants a National League career he’s going to have to play nasty.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
I definitely saw some improvement. But I don’t know if it’s enough - and we’re headed into a barn where even when we are playing well, we struggle mightily. Anxious to see how this swing in Winnipeg goes.

I agree. The team is still giving up 2 on 1s, odd man chances. Sens did not challenge the D-core once. The Jets speedy and big forwards should give us an indication of how good this team actually is.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Which is why I think it's bad form for Gaudette to cheap sot him with 40 seconds in a 4-1 win even if he is a douche...[/QUOTE

lmao a baby crosscheck= a cheap shot. You sure are dramatic

and who cares? If the Tkachuks are getting "bullied" theirs 99% chance they had it coming

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I definitely saw some improvement. But I don’t know if it’s enough - and we’re headed into a barn where even when we are playing well, we struggle mightily. Anxious to see how this swing in Winnipeg goes.

We have been horrible vs Winnipeg for what seems like ages now. One team that cleary has our number.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Now the question remains... are we as bad as we were the first few games? Or are we as good as we were the last 3? Or is it somewhere in the middle. Currently I like our chances of making the playoffs in the 3 or 4 seed but I’ll see how we play against WPG
Canucks were really bad in the first 5 games..Not having Miller the first couple of games seemed to start the ugly ball rolling..The top 6 was invisible..Special teams were horrendous..Giveaways galore..No structure or defined system..a total shit show.

Even though they've played a weak team in the Sens, it looks like the team is finally staring to fire on all cylinders..Will it be enough..?...For the next couple of weeks, they'll be up against good teams..We'll find out.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Why the f*** do we give up so many shots?

One thing I wanted to point out.

we’ve given up 118 shots in the last 3 games to the worst team in our division and probably one of the worst teams in the nhl. Now naturally teams with the lead will give
Up more shots but this is just way too much and I think if this reflects how we play 5 on 5 then we are going to get toasted by stronger Canadian teams. No joke.

Reactions: Indiana and Ozone

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Road trip will be the ultimate test. If they give up 40 shots a game on this trip they will be on the wrong side of these games. Looks like they will play 6 games against potential playoff teams so can't afford bad periods like they had against Ottawa.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
We’ll have to see if the team has really turned a corner or not. Normally quality of competition wouldn’t be the biggest factor imo but this Ottawa team was not NHL caliber. Biggest takeway is that Petey looks like he has his game back. Miller looks poor, however.

Reactions: mathonwy

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Petey finally starting to look like the Petey we all know and love............*phew
His feet look quicker. He’s still not all the way to where he (likely) wants to be just yet. Though he does look like he’s getting close. Boeser sure has his shot back. He’s got a Lanny McDonald wrister.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
We have been horrible vs Winnipeg for what seems like ages now. One team that cleary has our number.
Yup, I just assume/expect a loss vs Winnipeg, same as I expect the light when dawn breaks.

I will be over the moon if we win in their rink on Saturday. But, we know......

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
canucks get to restart their season now.

they will now need to find a way to beat some good teams. jets are a good place to start as a team that has had their number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->