Pre-Game Talk: Game 10 - 10/26 7:11 PM - The return of the Blues - NBCSN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Can't truly run the show like an NFL team when there are guaranteed contracts and an unforgiving cap.

I assume that Sweeney is constantly working on moving on from Backes, but he is handcuffed pretty badly. I continue to cheer against the Wild, hoping that they tank hard and take the contract in exchange for picks and/or prospects and send back one useful NHL player. I'm somewhat confident that the Wild are on his 8 team list. I like Backes, but time is long since up on earning that cap hit. He never really had the gas left to do so.

i'd take victor rask back in a deal for backes. can buy him out this summer (1.33M next 4 years). also means you wouldn't be giving up a 1st or top prospect.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Forget the revenge and payback stuff. Just get out there and play our game, not theirs - pace, skill, compete, relentless forecheck, hunt the puck not the man, outwork them in the battles along the boards and in the neutral zone then use our speed to get it forward and create chances. Drive the net and get as much rubber on target as possible - Binnington hasn't liked it too much this season when teams are getting in his space and working the rebounds and repeat opportunities, so put the pressure on him.

Out-skate the Blues and frustrate their D and like Toronto they will give up penalties, which in the regular season should be called. But even if they're not just keep at them, while staying tight and keeping our shape in our own zone - the Blues are still very good at exploiting and converting mistakes so don't make many.

Above all don't fall into the trap of playing their slower, heavier, grinding style like we did too often in the SCF. Keep the tempo up and stay mobile. In a game with national coverage and interest, get a solid, definitive win and show everyone that the Bruins are still one of the best teams in the NHL and ready for another serious tilt at the ultimate goal. Let's do this!!
You're boring.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Now back to the game. I'm excited to see the 3rd line tonight. Its a line that I felt like should have stuck out of camp. Hopefully Andres, Chucky and Danton can quickly find that chemistry that made them so fun to watch during the pre-season. If this trio can produce consistently, then all it'll be a huge relief. Then we just need to focus on getting someone to play w/ DeBrusk & Krejci. As good as Ritchie as looked, I still think he's not suited to play in the top 6.

Reactions: Spooner st

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Yeah I’m excited for hockey.

The whole idea of seeking some type of violent revenge because we came out of the SCF as losers is stupid. Aside from which, I thought it was all the referees’ fault anyways.

Let’s just win the f***ing game.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Exactly.

The cure for what happened last June is winning the Stanley Cup this June.

This game is worth two points towards that end. Get the points and move on.

The Bruins will need some push back. If anything the blues will just be looking to continue the same physical gameplan that worked for them. I think the Bruins will be fired up and play a physical game tonight

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Exactly.

The cure for what happened last June is winning the Stanley Cup this June.

This game is worth two points towards that end. Get the points and move on.

Two points are worth far less than what I want to see.

We saw Blais leap into Carlo's numbers too many times to count, attempted headshots, successful headshots, Sundqvist on Gryz..

There was enough malicious intent I would like to see the team stand up for itself.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Backes out, It's what. It would be better if it was, Backes shipped.
Although I will be pummeled as a heretic here, I would put Backes in tonight against his old team for three reasons. First, I would hope he plays like he did in game 2 of the SCF after being benched for game 1. He has something to prove and it can work to our benefit. Second, a monster game could help drive up demand and a possible deal for his services. Hard to drive up demand for a $6M guy sitting in the press box. Third, it may lay to rest any lingering “what if” doubts for those who wonder if we might have had a different outcome with him in the lineup in SCF game 7 where the referees swallowed their whistles.

Reactions: sooshii

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Although I will be pummeled as a heretic here, I would put Backes in tonight against his old team for three reasons. First, I would hope he plays like he did in game 2 of the SCF after being benched for game 1. He has something to prove and it can work to our benefit. Second, a monster game could help drive up demand and a possible deal for his services. Hard to drive up demand for a $6M guy sitting in the press box. Third, it may lay to rest any lingering “what if” doubts for those who wonder if we might have had a different outcome with him in the lineup in SCF game 7 where the referees swallowed their whistles.
If the games he played in the Stanley cup finals wasn't enough... then nothing will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad