Pre-Game Talk: Game 10 - 10/26 7:11 PM - The return of the Blues - NBCSN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The Captain, David Backes, Connor Clifton (he's small but fearless) and that's about it. I don't know if Brett Ritchie can fight or not. I don't want Backes fighting but I know he's willing to do it.

What I wouldn't give to have Kevan Miller back.
I am looking forward to the return of Kevan. !

Reactions: old blue and BMC

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
If the Patriots had players playing football like the way Backes and Krejci have been the last few years they would have been cut a long time ago.

Trade Krejci when he gets healthy and buy Backes out. Time to move on.

Hopefully the Bruins put Halak in goal vs the Blues.

Reactions: rfournier103

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
If the Patriots had players playing football like the way Backes and Krejci have been the last few years they would have been cut a long time ago.

Two brutal suggestions.

Ah can't count. Three brutal suggestions!

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

Krejci had 73 points last year. What a remarkably stupid idea. Holy crap

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
St. Louis Goons team photo...

upload_2019-10-25_13-41-41.jpeg

and their favorite band...

upload_2019-10-25_13-46-46.jpeg

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
For better or worse, our new enforcer is the 35% efficient power play. Have to meter out justice with goals not fists.

The problem with this approach is that when the refs stop calling penalties there's no pay back for dirty play - as last year's Final so disappointingly showed.

Teams like the Blues make me pine for the days when we were icing prime Chara, Thornton, Quaider and Lucic...

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Uhhh, you do know Krejci posted career high points last year, equaling his 2008-2009 total?

David Krejčí - Wikipedia

SeasonTeamLeagueGPGAPtsPIM
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2008–09Boston BruinsNHL8222517326
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2018–19Boston BruinsNHL8120537316
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Lo97

May 10, 2019

Uhhhhh what? Krejci had 73 points last year.

Reactions: BMC and LouJersey

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Forget the revenge and payback stuff. Just get out there and play our game, not theirs - pace, skill, compete, relentless forecheck, hunt the puck not the man, outwork them in the battles along the boards and in the neutral zone then use our speed to get it forward and create chances. Drive the net and get as much rubber on target as possible - Binnington hasn't liked it too much this season when teams are getting in his space and working the rebounds and repeat opportunities, so put the pressure on him.

Out-skate the Blues and frustrate their D and like Toronto they will give up penalties, which in the regular season should be called. But even if they're not just keep at them, while staying tight and keeping our shape in our own zone - the Blues are still very good at exploiting and converting mistakes so don't make many.

Above all don't fall into the trap of playing their slower, heavier, grinding style like we did too often in the SCF. Keep the tempo up and stay mobile. In a game with national coverage and interest, get a solid, definitive win and show everyone that the Bruins are still one of the best teams in the NHL and ready for another serious tilt at the ultimate goal. Let's do this!!

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Just got home from the movies. This has NOTHING to do with the game tonight, but i'll say it anyway: The Lighthouse movie with Willem Dafoe and Robert Pattinson was f***ing incredible, and I highly recommend it. There are a lot of WTF moments in it, but it's maybe one of the best meditations on guilt and isolation that I (in my young 31 years) have ever seen.

That said, i'm really glad tonight's game ought to be a palette cleanser after watching. Film was prettyyyyy dark.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Krejci had 73 points last year. What a remarkably stupid idea. Holy crap

You do realize Krejci has one year left on his contract right? Bruins have an aging core.
Shame to see to young players like Johansen and Accirai let go.

Backes buy out would be 2.6 million. Get it over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad