GDT: Game 1: Wings @ preds 8:00 pm et (FSD)

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Mantha's always had elite potential, and having these linemates seems to keep his motor up more. We'll see how things pan out, but even at draft he was more of a raw package than Zadina or Ras, but was not a consistent effort guy.

Question is, who outside of the top line bar AA is capable of more than 20 goals this season on this roster?

BIGZ40

Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Good start for the Wings, bad start for the refs. 2 obvious penalties they whiffed on. Need some other lines to step up though, depth is probably gonna be an issue.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
The first line has been amazing. The rest of the lines are barely NHL players. But, damn that first line looks great so far.

If they can manage to cobble together a second line in a similar way -- i.e. no supper star players, but just good ones that have good chemistry together -- I'm starting to like the way they look up front.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Howard histrically starts seasons well and IIRC Bernier historically ends seasons well, boys, we're riding that 1st line and Jekyll and Hyde goaltending to the playoffs

E: not enough :sarcasm: in the world

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If they can manage to cobble together a second line in a similar way -- i.e. no supper star players, but just good ones that have good chemistry together -- I'm starting to like the way they look up front.

Larkin and Mantha are big time players. Larkin in particular has taken that step up, but Mantha looks like he is about to. They are front-line players on a lot of teams, not just ours because they have a ton of talent. Larkin is a legit #1C at this point and Anthony Mantha sure looks like a legit 1st line winger since last March. He has to keep it up, but Larkin takes another step he is a Superstar at this point and I am done doubting what he will do next. Guy has tremendous drive.

Reactions: mantha39

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad