GDT: Game 1: St. Louis @ Winnipeg, 7pm CST - Darkest Dungeon (under construction, will finish after nap!)

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I hope nobody is shocked by this. St. Louis is really good and as seen for over half a season, the Jets really are not. Nice to see Laine bury one. Sucks about Scheifele missing. Long series ahead, I have the Blues winning in 6, but I'd love to be wrong.

Reactions: snowkiddin and rehf

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Our top line being awful didn't help.

Scheif and Wheeler both had huge chances. Binnington robbed them. They score it's a different narrative. This game WAS Binnington anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves or hating.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
That third period was a total joke. The first line was particularly disappointing and it’s hard to fathom how bad Wheeler was. Forced passes, poor puckhandling, it was the Bad Wheeler special. I don’t know why Maurice wouldn’t use the last change to get these guys away from O’Reilly but he had better do it on Friday because they can’t get a thing going while he’s on the ice.

It was a very interesting clash of styles tonight. Cycle heavy Blues vs the Jets who prefer to score off the rush but the rush game died pretty rapidly when the game was on the line.

The good news is Hellebuyck and Laine were both terrific so hopefully if the first line gets their crap together, most of the key cogs will be at full force but just a terribly deflating if not somewhat predictable end.

JustBeCool

boom shakalaka
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
I hope the lines get juggled especially that first line. Break up wheeler and sheif. They are awful and pulling the jets down. Third period was jets playing in the defensive zone the whole time. Turning over and unable to breakout...

Reactions: snowkiddin

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I hope the lines get juggled especially that first line. Break up wheeler and sheif. They are awful and pulling the jets down. Third period was jets playing in the defensive zone the whole time. Turning over and unable to breakout...

Haha. If Paul Maurice hasn’t done it by now he certainly isn’t going to do it in the playoffs...no matter how badly they play.
Maurice will just give them MORE minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad