GDT: Game 1: St. Louis @ Winnipeg, 7pm CST - Darkest Dungeon (under construction, will finish after nap!)

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
(Hey all I'm getting cross-eyed and audio editing is a little harder to do than I expected, so I'm going to put up what I have now, finish the rest in the morning as well as add the probable starting lineups. But everyone seems anxious to get started so let me lay the ground work :)

Slide1.jpeg

[Ruin has come to our forum]

Slide2.jpeg

[The Jets have let first place in the Central slip through their fingers. Posters have begun to despair, and murmurs of a Blues sweep are heard.]

Slide3.jpeg

[With the playoffs nigh, one poster takes a desperate step: burning the midnight oil, he pens only his third GDT ever.]

Slide4.jpeg

[He hits 'Submit Thread', and pauses to reflect on his own moments of despair. Perhaps they were a bit on the ugly side...?]

Slide5.jpeg

["JESUS GUYS DON'T BE SO F***ING NEGATIVE ALL THE F***ING TIME!!1"]

Slide6.jpeg

[But after this reflection comes relief: the slate is now clean for all, Jets and Jets fans alike.]

Slide7.jpeg

[The players will soon be up with the sun for their trip to Bell MTS Place. And that alone is cause for optimism, for Josh Morrissey will be with them!]

Slide8.jpeg

[The day will pass, and for a brief moment, True North Square will be quiet...]

Slide9.jpeg

[.. because we've all found our place to cheer on the Jets together, as they brave...]

Slide10.jpeg

[The Darkest Dungeon (in Bettman's House)]

=====================

Tonight's GDT is inspired by the modern classic "Darkest Dungeon", an adventure / role-playing video game whose epic quest not only parallels our own epic quest for the Cup, but is a suitable fit in a special way for our own particular group here:

While most such role-playing games tend to take a straight Tolkien-esque high fantasy approach, Darkest Dungeon comes straight out of the H.P. Lovecraft school. Your characters are relatively ordinary humans, and don't brush off adversity with stoic ease, but struggle with stress and mental-well being as adversity mounts.

Before long, one or two failed encounters and your characters will grow abusive to each other, or masochistic, or cowards who flee from any adversity, ignoring any and all efforts on your part to reason with them.

... just like us here on HF Jets! [wakka wakka wakka!]

In addition, your heroes don't have generic, super-shiny personalities. Character will grapple with alcohol dependencies, deviant tastes which got them barred from the local brothel, or a morbid curiosity to push each and every button imaginable.

(... again, just like here on HF Jets!)

The crowning touch on this adventure, beyond a doubt, is "the Narrator", the disembodied voice of your late Ancestor whose estate you are adventuring in. The Narrator is voiced by Wayne June, an extremely accomplished voice actor who has narrated several of Lovecraft's stories on audio book, and so immediately brings an air of authenticity to the proceedings.

For instance, consider some classic Jets highlights (and lowlights!) and appreciate how much more epic they are with the touch of the master's voice.

... or for those who prefer some true artistry from someone with clearly more time on their hands than I have...

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
giphy.gif

O all you host of Jets heaven!
Cast aside thy empties and grudges,
And ask:
And will our roster raiseth hell?
Hold fast, my Blood Pressure;
And you, my HF crew, grow not instant old,
But bear me up and remember our depth and pre Xmas points spree;
Aye and ponder our healthy-arsed D
While memory holds a seat
In this distracted globe -
Remember thy spree.

Yea, from the table of my memory
I'll wipe away all trivial complaint-ridden records,
All downcast gloom, all forms, all pressures past,
That youth and observation copied there;
And thy newest season and logical commandment all alone shall live
Within the book and volume of my brain,
Unmix'd with baser matter: yes, by heaven! —
O most pernicious Blues!
Villains all, smiling, damned villains!
Most common this St Louis-specific phenotype-
That they may smirk, and be a villain.

Fortune: thy name is Jets -
For thine own Soul awakens, and
Stirs with latent knowledge
For the effective treatment
Of yon rabble!

Ggg99

Sep 17, 2018
My game 1 prediction... it's gonna be close but someone will win.

OK more specifically Jets win 4-3.

And bonus specifics...
Helly let's in one softy but we score 4 on their AHL-FLASH-IN-THE-PAN goalie with Laine (yes Patrick Laine, our FABULOUSLY-TALENTED-BUT-OH-SO-FRUSTRATING-WONDER-BOY) sniping the winner in the 3rd.

No OT required and the deliriously happy (AKA: drunk) crowd shuffles into the night fists in the air.
No cars are burned.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
We have been waiting for today for a very long time. We’re ready and rested to fight for our right towards the 16 wins starting tonight!

St Louis’s dreams of the Stanley Cup are soon to be imploded.

giphy.gif

I go faster and faster...

Winnipeg Jets

in Twenty One Nine

Go :jets Go

:sc09:

:HFB:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad