GDT: Game 1: Son of a Submariner! | Hawks at Stars | Oct 9, 2014 | 7:30 CT | CSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Why,Q,Why?

You say you "expect" the team to be "sharper" in the home opener. ..but you "rested" Sharp from practice today. No mention of injury..so was this "rest" recess your idea of a reward for getting a goal and assist against Dallas and the others all had to practices "punishment" even if your practices are too Country Club after a lackluster unprofessional "effort" for not one, but 2 periods after the start of last game? You are way to easy on backers Q and nobody except the injured needs rest after playing hard for only one period and OT in just the first game of the year..We were told your Hawks were in the best shape of their careers...yet they could not summon the competitive energy to TRY until 2 periods had passed..and no NIL pro should ever require "rest" after just 1 game into the season..at the end of the long grind,of course..but NOT after just 1 game..Are you nuts Q? Now if Sharp had scored a hat-trick like Mason Raymond did for CRY..then I would get a well deserved recess reward off practice..but merely fir 1 g and 1a. ..and both those scoring plays were not masterpieces by Sharp..a routine pass to Keith whose point shot that Lehtonen let get through but most goals would have stopped.and the shot by Sharp that went in because Shaw screened Lehtonen..neither due to much skill by Sharp or anyone else..The point is. ..Nobody should have gotten recess after that vomit performance for the first 49 minutes..rather You should have worked everyone till they dropped from exhaustion at.practice today to remind them that YOU expect a lot MORE from the entire team and every individual player on it...Instead YOU are granting recess passes to players basedbon a very low standard of production. ..what now,anyone getting merely 1g and1a in a game gets time off? Sorry Q, but I doubt Bowman Sr. was ever that lax on players after a disgusting MIA no show for 2 periods,nor would Bowman Sr. ever give any player time off practice afterj just the first game of the season if no injury really occurred..so this is Proof that YOU are the Country Club Coach par excellence of the entire NIL coaching fraternity...imagine--a Ferris Buehler day off after just 1 game! Come on...WTF are YOU thinking, Q?

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I was also a bit surprised that Sharp missed practice so he could "rest". Perhaps he got slightly banged up or something and they just don't want to say it.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I'm all for TvR and the rest of the kids getting a chance. I'd rather us go with veterans if Q is going to use four and a half defenseman in the third period of an October game.

This.

And the practice pairings had Hammer and Oduya back together so I worry this is going to be a recurring theme.

Of course after my earlier Brookbank musing, I remembered Q could at times only give him a few minutes so not sure he'd treat him any differently than what we got now.

May just need to make a deadline move if it seems like an issue still in months to come.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
You say you "expect" the team to be "sharper" in the home opener. ..but you "rested" Sharp from practice today. No mention of injury..so was this "rest" recess your idea of a reward for getting a goal and assist against Dallas and the others all had to practices "punishment" even if your practices are too Country Club after a lackluster unprofessional "effort" for not one, but 2 periods after the start of last game? You are way to easy on backers Q and nobody except the injured needs rest after playing hard for only one period and OT in just the first game of the year..We were told your Hawks were in the best shape of their careers...yet they could not summon the competitive energy to TRY until 2 periods had passed..and no NIL pro should ever require "rest" after just 1 game into the season..at the end of the long grind,of course..but NOT after just 1 game..Are you nuts Q? Now if Sharp had scored a hat-trick like Mason Raymond did for CRY..then I would get a well deserved recess reward off practice..but merely fir 1 g and 1a. ..and both those scoring plays were not masterpieces by Sharp..a routine pass to Keith whose point shot that Lehtonen let get through but most goals would have stopped.and the shot by Sharp that went in because Shaw screened Lehtonen..neither due to much skill by Sharp or anyone else..The point is. ..Nobody should have gotten recess after that vomit performance for the first 49 minutes..rather You should have worked everyone till they dropped from exhaustion at.practice today to remind them that YOU expect a lot MORE from the entire team and every individual player on it...Instead YOU are granting recess passes to players basedbon a very low standard of production. ..what now,anyone getting merely 1g and1a in a game gets time off? Sorry Q, but I doubt Bowman Sr. was ever that lax on players after a disgusting MIA no show for 2 periods,nor would Bowman Sr. ever give any player time off practice afterj just the first game of the season if no injury really occurred..so this is Proof that YOU are the Country Club Coach par excellence of the entire NIL coaching fraternity...imagine--a Ferris Buehler day off after just 1 game! Come on...WTF are YOU thinking, Q?

He let a veteran player who may well have been dinged up last night (noticed a nice cut on his face) miss one practice. Will you put your torch and pitchfork down and chill?

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
There was no best part with regard to Rundblad. He was terrible

Came back to the boards here to see the talk on Rundblat. OMG was he bad.

I mean I just watched him each shift and it was a joke. he had a nice shift in the OT where he held the puck in. Almost every shift they had pressure, he was terrible.

What does Stan see?

Esse

Mar 5, 2013
Lund
I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell Mr. One-paragraph here to press enter once in a while. I've tried before without success. Damn annoying.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Well it sure was not solid with him in the game... How did you not get the point?

I understand the point you were trying to make, the problem is it makes no sense. As much as people want to criticize Richards out there 1. He looked like grease lighting compare to Zus last year 2. There are no viable centers available in the system except TT who is unproven on NA ice at any level 3. It has been one game.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
The first 10-20 games are for playing the kids as much as possible. It lays the foundation for their contributions later in the year. Q should not be allowed to make the same mistakes as last year, where preferentially playing washed up vets eventually cost us the cup. I'd rather an extra loss or two early on, than a repeat of last year.

That being said, Rundblad is not the guy, and neither is Brookbank (and perhaps not even Rosival). I'd rather one or two of the Rockford youngsters get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad