Post-Game Talk: Game #1 Sharks @ Kings - Buckaroo Banzai Edition II

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I still want to talk about this game and next one isn't until Saturday. Hope you all want to as well.

From previous thread:

And the NHL proves many's point about the ridiculous amount of games Raffi got on opening night :laugh:

As far as energy level throughout the season, this is the first time the Sharks didn't make the playoffs in a long time and that should help long term. Plus, not all games will be Kings vs Sharks type games.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Nice win last night, guys. Ward was a great pickup, and how about that Jones kid? I'm pulling for you (until you play the Isles).

NathanCouture

Angry Joe
Sponsor
Nov 1, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
It was the first game I can think of where they had a lead and did not just start play to keep the lead, but instead kept their foot on the gas until the end. As a complete 60 minute game as you could ask for. I know it's the first game of the season and we've seen the boys come out of the gate strong before in the beginning of the season. Somehow this felt different. I'm cautiously optimistic. Time will tell I suppose.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I still want to talk about this game and next one isn't until Saturday. Hope you all want to as well.

From previous thread:

And the NHL proves many's point about the ridiculous amount of games Raffi got on opening night :laugh:

As far as energy level throughout the season, this is the first time the Sharks didn't make the playoffs in a long time and that should help long term. Plus, not all games will be Kings vs Sharks type games.

1. A good 60minutes. I don't think that was said last year at all.

2. I am still pissed about the dbrown incident

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Positive: Burns-Martin is a treat to watch.

Negatives: Have to watch more games with Brown and Lucic. Wished Tierney had more magic like last year.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
I wont be sold till they beat Buffalo.

That almost made me spit out my drink - LOL

My thoughts on the game...

1) Goalie is a keeper for sure. Positionally, much better than Nemo. he looked confident back there.
2) Burns/Martin - that is a dynamic duo for sure. They played great.
3) Joonas was always in front of the net and involved - good for playing with the Joe's
4) Tennyson looked like he belonged in his sheltered minutes
5) Marleau still hitting the goalie but he was active throughout
6) No Marleau and barely any Pavs on the PK - this is huge and will keep them rested.
7) Lucic is a dirtbag. Brown should be suspended for hit to the head on Couture

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
It's damn tough for me not to be optimistic. That was a good effort for the full 60 minutes, something I didn't say once last year. In fact, I can't remember the last time I said that.

Also, Jones>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Niemi.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
This may have been the best game I've seen the Sharks play in like 4 years. Almost every game after the 2nd WCF trip has been a total bore. Notable exceptions for near the end of the shortened season when Torres came along and Hertl's 4 goal game.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Game was crazy to watch also how has no one flipped out over Thornton on a 3v1 shooting instead of passing? Even quick was shocked. It was pretty cash.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
The sharks leader in ice time last night was ward and burns respectively for the forwards and defense.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Game was crazy to watch also how has no one flipped out over Thornton on a 3v1 shooting instead of passing? Even quick was shocked. It was pretty cash.

It was actually a horribly botched pass. I think we're seeing the beginning of the decline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad