GDT: Game #1: SC Champ KINGS vs. BLACKHAWKS - Saturday, 1/19/’13 @ 12:00 pm PST {NBC}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron*

So does the banner ceremony/intro start at 12 or 12:30? I thought the time got changed to 12:30.

They want us in the seats at 11:30 a.m. They have been saying that all day long on all the radio stations and I even got a recorded message from the Kings STH office to that effect.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
great work on the GDT, wish you only the best. Always liked the Kings next to the Hawks.

Crawford will start for the Hawks, confirmed.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
They want us in the seats at 11:30 a.m. They have been saying that all day long on all the radio stations and I even got a recorded message from the Kings STH office to that effect.

That's nice, but I'm not going to the game. Gonna watch the game at home, and i just want to know what time i should shut off everything, so nothing and no one bothers me during the game. :)

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
That's nice, but I'm not going to the game. Gonna watch the game at home, and i just want to know what time i should shut off everything, so nothing and no one bothers me during the game. :)

FOX Sports West will broadcast their LIVE Pre-Game show from 11:30 a.m. – Noon
The on-ice ceremony – hosted by Bob Miller - will be broadcast live in its entirety on NBC beginning at Noon

so there ya go ;) and it was in the GDT btw :sarcasm:

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
FOX Sports West will broadcast their LIVE Pre-Game show from 11:30 a.m. – Noon
The on-ice ceremony – hosted by Bob Miller - will be broadcast live in its entirety on NBC beginning at Noon

so there ya go ;) and it was in the GDT btw :sarcasm:

THANK YOU, PUCK.

I missed it, forgot how the gdt works. ;) Lol i should go to sleep.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
I'm never up this early on Sat, but I'm too excited.

I seem to remember them doing this for legends nights last season, telling us to be in our seats half an hour before they actually start. I think they know that if they say 11:30, people will be in their seats by noon. It's a given fact that with that many people, you'll still have a ton of late stragglers.

...man I wish I was going.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Good luck today guys. It won't kill me for the Kings to win for the banner raising, just don't embarrass the Hawks. I really have no idea what to expect from these teams right now.

Thanks man. We don't either. Let's all just hope no one gets injured, although I expect that we may see a lot of injury early in the season.

Ron*

I'm never up this early on Sat, but I'm too excited.

I seem to remember them doing this for legends nights last season, telling us to be in our seats half an hour before they actually start. I think they know that if they say 11:30, people will be in their seats by noon. It's a given fact that with that many people, you'll still have a ton of late stragglers.

...man I wish I was going.

Yeah, I know what they are doing. They are sending the right message...arriving late is (unfortunately) an L.A. tradition.

Ron*

Good luck today guys. It won't kill me for the Kings to win for the banner raising, just don't embarrass the Hawks. I really have no idea what to expect from these teams right now.

Having a game after a championship celebration is a bad idea. Just ask the Lakers.

I fully expect a flat Kings team out there. Blackhawks probably know it and I expect them to take advantage of it.

Model62

Jul 14, 2012
Having a game after a championship celebration is a bad idea. Just ask the Lakers.

I fully expect a flat Kings team out there. Blackhawks probably know it and I expect them to take advantage of it.

Having a game after a half-season lockout and a week of practice is a bad idea.

Both clubs will be pretty flat.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011

Best way to do it....

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
http://kings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=41384

That's their specific on Kings game camera policies. Doesn't seem detailed enough, but I'd venture as long as the camera is within reason and doesn't appear "professional" you should be okay.

Long Story short ... if it's got a LONG and/or Adjustable (movable) ZOOM TELEPHOTO Lens, then NO, don't bother. As with anything it depends if you get a NICE versus JackOff Sec. Rep' letting you inside ... but I had a small Olympus C-700 Ultra Zoom digi Cam and had to make the walk back to leave it in the car one time,

ZC70A.JPG
<--- THIS wasn't let in :rant:

... and your
Nikon-D5100-Photo.png
Nikon D5100 is a MUCH nicer camera than that ... so, bring it AT YOUR OWN RISK ! ;)

My guess is no.

I have a D90 and was allowed into a Bills/Browns game in Cleveland last September, but was denied in a Boston/Golden State game Oakland in December. The guy told me if its longer than three inches (I see you lurking there, nocturn, you can't get even with me on the 5 cm remark so easily ;) ), that the camera is not allowed.

The Kings site is specific about a zoom lens. I bought a small Nikon "coolpix" just for tomorrow because I am pretty sure they won't allow my D90 in.

Ah, thanks for the warnings. I have a zoom lens for it too, so there is no way they would let me in. Crappy iPhone cam it is then. :laugh:

Seriously though, thanks to each of you for the detailed replies. :)

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Ah, thanks for the warnings. I have a zoom lens for it too, so there is no way they would let me in. Crappy iPhone cam it is then. :laugh:

Seriously though, thanks to each of you for the detailed replies. :)

No problem dude. I was curious about it myself because I got a camera for Christmas. :)

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Guys...not sure you realized but the Jamie Kompon Power Kill returns today!!!! Who's excited?!?! High fives all around!

SuperAlmeida

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks

TOEWS. WILL. PLAY. Who's ready for some Blackhawks hockey!?

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I deliberately waited to post in this thread because I didn't want to get excited too early....BUT KINGS HOCKEY IS BACK!!!! I can't believe this day has come!

Alisa

Quickie fangirl
Oct 10, 2010
Orange County, Ca
I've been waiting awhile to say this and mean it...

Goooooooooooooo Kings!

Can't wait to see that banner go up. Still the champs- and on our way to one more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad