GDT: Game #1: SC Champ KINGS vs. BLACKHAWKS - Saturday, 1/19/’13 @ 12:00 pm PST {NBC}

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafettish*

its great to have a ceremony but please dont go the boston route.

Rod Buskas*

i think I came when I saw the words "2012 Stanley Cup Champs" at the beginning of this thread. :)

oh yeah, Go Kings Go!

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
Think I'm going to watch game 6 of the finals tonight on the PVR to prep for the game tomorrow. Watched it around 20 times now, and I don't think it will ever get old.

My favorite game right now is Game 2 versus St. Louis. I watch that four goal first period a lot! I think it was that game that St. Louis realized they weren't even in the same league. :yo:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wish I could see it live, I'll be at the Flyers game, so I can't wait to see all the videos later

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.
INJURY UPDATE Jan 18th : http://lakingsinsider.com/2013/01/18/kings-report-–-jan-18/

WILLIE MITCHELL SKATES

For the first time since the Kings’ shortened camp opened, Willie Mitchell was able skate, spending about a half-hour alone on the ice after practice. Mitchell said he felt no pain in his surgically repaired knee, but said he was merely taking “baby steps.” He downplayed his injury, calling it a “wear and tear thing,” and said his surgery was nothing major. “They just went in and cleaned it up. Not a big procedure. A lot of guys have this all the time. No ligaments, no nothing like that.” Mitchell declined to assess his health on a percentage basis. “I can’t say that,” he said. “I just twirled around.”

While speaking to the media for the first time this year, Mitchell said winning the Stanley Cup has left him hungry for more.

“I get it now, why guys want to repeat so bad,” he said. “You get a taste of that, a taste of what it all feels like, a taste of what your summer feel like and I absolutely get why guys want to do it so bad again.”

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
I'll be there in person tomorrow. Can't freaking wait.

By the way, are you allowed to bring bigger cameras to Staples? I have a Nikon D5100.

kingscups

Jun 5, 2008
California
Think I'm going to watch game 6 of the finals tonight on the PVR to prep for the game tomorrow. Watched it around 20 times now, and I don't think it will ever get old.

SERIOUS! I watched the highlights of each game in the entire run the other day at work. Damn it was Amazing! forgot what it was like. :yo:

wandk128

Oct 14, 2008
If anyone is able to grab an extra mini banner at the game, please let me know! Thanks alot!

LadyKing17

Apr 4, 2011
Santa Clarita
I know we're celebrating the banner raising tomorrow, and I'm absolutely excited for that, but there are two serious things that need to happen:

1) Moment of silence for David Courtney
2)Win the game

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
PuckU

I waited until it was officially Saturday were I am to read your GDT. I like them so much and they are such a great part of watching our beloved STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS!!!! play that I knew the season wouldn't feel like it was starting until I read one.

Your GDT's are a labor of love and it shows. You couldn't ROCK more for taking the time to do them and thank you from the bottom of my rotting old KING FAN heart.

1 FELT GREAT! TWO WILL FEEL BETTER!! GO YOU MBLANKING KINGS GO!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GET EM BOYS!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

RAISE THE BANNER BOYS AND THEN SCALP RUN THEM HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!

GO KINGS GO!

GO KINGS GO!!

GO KINGS GO!!!

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

By the way, are you allowed to bring bigger cameras to Staples? I have a Nikon D5100.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=41384

That's their specific on Kings game camera policies. Doesn't seem detailed enough, but I'd venture as long as the camera is within reason and doesn't appear "professional" you should be okay.

Puck U

2012 SC CHAMPIONS !
Aug 2, 2005
Apple Valley, CA.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=41384 That's their specific on Kings game camera policies. Doesn't seem detailed enough, but I'd venture as long as the camera is within reason and doesn't appear "professional" you should be okay.

Long Story short ... if it's got a LONG and/or Adjustable (movable) ZOOM TELEPHOTO Lens, then NO, don't bother. As with anything it depends if you get a NICE versus JackOff Sec. Rep' letting you inside ... but I had a small Olympus C-700 Ultra Zoom digi Cam and had to make the walk back to leave it in the car one time,

ZC70A.JPG
<--- THIS wasn't let in :rant:

... and your
Nikon-D5100-Photo.png
Nikon D5100 is a MUCH nicer camera than that ... so, bring it AT YOUR OWN RISK ! ;)

Last edited:

Ron*

My guess is no.

I have a D90 and was allowed into a Bills/Browns game in Cleveland last September, but was denied in a Boston/Golden State game Oakland in December. The guy told me if its longer than three inches (I see you lurking there, nocturn, you can't get even with me on the 5 cm remark so easily ;) ), that the camera is not allowed.

The Kings site is specific about a zoom lens. I bought a small Nikon "coolpix" just for tomorrow because I am pretty sure they won't allow my D90 in.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
My guess is no.

I have a D90 and was allowed into a Bills/Browns game in Cleveland last September, but was denied in a Boston/Golden State game Oakland in December. The guy told me if its longer than three inches (I see you lurking there, nocturn, you can't get even with me on the 5 cm remark so easily ;) ), that the camera is not allowed.

The Kings site is specific about a zoom lens. I bought a small Nikon "coolpix" just for tomorrow because I am pretty sure they won't allow my D90 in.

I was given a coolpix for Christmas and was considering bringing it to the game since it's the ceremony and all. I'll risk it. If I gotta run back to the car, I'll run back.

Ron*

I was given a coolpix for Christmas and was considering bringing it to the game since it's the ceremony and all. I'll risk it. If I gotta run back to the car, I'll run back.

No, that's my point. A coolpix is allowed, according to the site rules.

Even then, when I had to check in my camera, they had a check-in area where they kept it for safekeeping and you got a claim ticket back. I imagine Staples also has such an area.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
No, that's my point. A coolpix is allowed, according to the site rules.

Even then, when I had to check in my camera, they had a check-in area where they kept it for safekeeping and you got a claim ticket back. I imagine Staples also has such an area.

That would be nicer than having to go back to the car. lol

Ron*

Long Story short ... if it's got a LONG and/or Adjustable (movable) ZOOM TELEPHOTO Lens, then NO, don't bother. As with anything it depends if you get a NICE versus JackOff Sec. Rep' letting you inside ... but I had a small Olympus C-700 Ultra Zoom digi Cam and had to make the walk back to leave it in the car one time,

ZC70A.JPG
<--- THIS wasn't let in :rant:

... and your
Nikon-D5100-Photo.png
Nikon D5100 is a MUCH nicer camera than that ... so, bring it AT YOUR OWN RISK ! ;)

****. Oh well.

Guess I am not bringing the ****ing coolpix in after all. What a stupid rule. As though I am going to make professional shots with a $160 camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad