Post-Game Talk: Game #1: Rangers @ Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy*

Played far better then your boy Zucc as well.

lol...Zucc's play and fight was actually a major factor for the win.

It's like captain McDonagh said...Zucc showed a lot of courage and passion. It lit a fire under our bench and got the team going again.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Ok so word is glass is a game time decision something bothering him from last night

If he plays lineup will stay the same if not ull most likely see lines from todays practice

Hmmm.... I wonder what happened. I can't think of where he could've hurt something. I really like Glass so far, he's actually been an upgrade over what we had despite being the "worst player in the league"

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
@AGrossRecord: AV said he's talked to Ryan Malone and told veteran wing right now he doesn't see how Malone fits into picture. That can change quickly tho.

Wow interesting

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

It's like captain McDonagh said...Zucc showed a lot of courage and passion. It lit a fire under our bench and got the team going again.

Lol okay. He looked like he got his ass kicked by Oshie. I don't think losing a fight directly led to our win. I love Zucc and I was actually one of the few who defended him when he was being shat on last year. He was bad last night. That line was by far our worst.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Basically he's on the team because slats is buddies with his dad

Guy is way to slow to play in this system under AV

AHB*

Outside of that fight, Zucc's play (that whole line in general) was complete utter garbage all night.

I love Zucc (and Brass & Hags) but unlike you, I can call a spade a spade and not always have a hidden agenda.

Zucc was awful last night, another thing that really isn't up for debate.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
No worries, you can write an op ed at hufpo...

Ooops said something bad about one of your Europeans I should have expected this

Please tell me how Lindberg was good when we are this desperate at center and he was supposed to be NHL ready and he still couldn't get in.

Let's call a spade a spade he was a major disappointment and let management down big time. Looked small soft and slow

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Yeah, I thought Miller was fine last night. He made a few plays where I saw his confidence coming out. Good for him. He needs to play that way.

I also disagree about him being a winger. He thrives in open space and transporting the puck.

AHB*

Lindberg was unfortunately a major disappointment in the pre-season. I was really rooting for him. He wasn't good offensively, but where I was really bothered is by just how poor he played defensively.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Ooops said something bad about one of your Europeans I should have expected this

Please tell me how Lindberg was good when we are this desperate at center and he was supposed to be NHL ready and he still couldn't get in.

Let's call a spade a spade he was a major disappointment and let management down big time. Looked small soft and slow

Hayes and Miller provided what AV was looking for as far as a 3c? Lindberg looked like he needed a little bit more seasoning but with the way you describe it, it's like he forgot how to skate and scored on the his own team twice. He looked like he could have been a 4th liner right now. Unfortunately, there were a lot of those guys.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
2 guys I think we were really Counting on to make impacts in camp they were both terrible Allen and Lindberg Kristo the other one

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Hayes and Miller provided what AV was looking for as far as a 3c? Lindberg looked like he needed a little bit more seasoning but with the way you describe it, it's like he forgot how to skate and scored on the his own team twice. He looked like he could have been a 4th liner right now. Unfortunately, there were a lot of those guys.

U think Lindberg looked like he could be a 4c right now? How? He did nothing well wasn't reliable defensively was slow small and bumped off the puck constantly
No way he could be a 4c right now Ure protecting a fav prospect of yours nothing more

Wolfy*

Lol okay. He looked like he got his ass kicked by Oshie. I don't think losing a fight directly led to our win. I love Zucc and I was actually one of the few who defended him when he was being shat on last year. He was bad last night. That line was by far our worst.

I'd say it was a pretty good scrap, today they both look like they've been in a fight.

But it sure isn't easy to win when the other guy is much bigger, that's why McD mentioned the word courage...

And it's also my opinion that Brass was the weak link on their line, but I'm sure it's only some start problems.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Of all the opinions in this thread that my immediate mental reaction to when reading them is to immediately regard them as garbage, the ones pertaining to Duclair being sent down are the ones that elicited that reaction the strongest.

For his first NHL game, on the road, against one of the most Elite teams in the league, and with limited opportunity due to our time in the box, Duclair did just fine, and was as good or better than half our offense. He never looked out of place for a moment and if not for a broken stick, potentially could've even made it onto the scoresheet. The kid did absolutely nothing to hurt his chances or warrant negativity, and did more than enough to give fans reasons to continue to have optimism towards him. And that's a fact. Can't wait to see him more this weekend.

The point is that at real speed against a team as big with as much toughness as St Louis, it would be easy to get a 19 year old off his game and possibly injure his confidence. He doesn't play any kind of a physical game, which is fine, but it is still absolutely unknown how he will respond to high tempo, hard hitting big and nasty NHL teams. I said nothing of his skill level not being up to par, its his demeanor that make me have second guesses to whether he can hack it mentally for 82 NHL games and not lose confidence. Its about not spoiling a grade A prospect.

AHB*

Lindberg didn't look like a 4C. He looked like a guy not ready for the NHL.

I'd say it was a pretty good scrap, today they both look like they've been in a fight.

But it sure isn't easy to win when the other guy is much bigger, that's why McD mentioned the word courage...

And it's also my opinion that Brass was the weak link on their line, but I'm sure it's only some start problems.

You go to the end of the world to defend Zucc. He had a horrible game. It's not a big deal, he'll bounce back and we all love him. What I'm most bothered by is how you try and argue Miller had a terrible game yet Zucc had a good one. Actually makes no sense and clearly shows you have an agenda.

Weren't you the one who said you dislike Miller because of his interviews on TV?

Wolfy*

You go to the end of the world to defend Zucc. He had a horrible game. It's not a big deal, he'll bounce back and we all love him. What I'm most bothered by is how you try and argue Miller had a terrible game yet Zucc had a good one. Actually makes no sense and clearly shows you have an agenda.

Weren't you the one who said you dislike Miller because of his interviews on TV?

Well, as you can see, I disagree. Zucc didn't play a horrible game, he played a pretty smart game.

When he realized his line didn't work very well, and the team struggled, he dropped the gloves. His very first fight ever. And this helped the team win the game.

All his teammates say the same thing, including the captain. So just give it a break.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The brassard line all 3 including Zucc did not play well at all.

MSL for the most part did not play well

Miller and Duc played well until the penalties took them out of the game

Fast did not play well at all he clearly to me doesn't belong yet and playing hurt made it worse

John Moore did not play well

Hank stempniak klein nash Kreider Staal Girardi McDonagh DMoore glass all played good games and why we won

AHB*

Well, as you can see, I disagree. Zucc didn't play a horrible game, he played a pretty smart game.

When he realized his line didn't work very well, and the team struggled, he dropped the gloves. His very first fight ever. And this helped the team win the game.

All his teammates say the same thing, including the captain. So just give it a break.

You take a quote based on one 30 second play and extrapolate that into statements based on his overall game.

This is the same thing you did with the Miller quote. McD and Hank and anyone else who referenced the fight did just that. They referenced a 30 second snippet of an overall poor game. In fact, it was the only bright spot for him and that line in that game.

Again you are falsely interpreting and presenting items as fact to prove your point which is clearly wrong.

Zucc had a bad game. It happens. His fight was important and did, in my opinion, help this team win a tough game. That being said, the rest of his play was garbage.

Miller on the other hand had a fine game and a few brights spots.

You need to give it a break since you're continuously trying to dupe everyone into agreeing with your random agenda.

Thankfully, many on here are Rangers fans and want the best for the team, not what's best for their favorite player. I don't care who plays on this team or where they play as long as it's helping us win games.

Wolfy*

Miller had an awful game, and he'll probably spend some time in the press box if this continues. He's useless at center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad