GDT: Game 1: Phil & The Condiments @ Ducks - 7PM - FSAZ

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I honestly like him being scratched for game 1. Let him see what a full regular season NHL game looks like so he can absorb and learn, game 2 he is in. Id be willing to put money on it

no way I’d play Hayton against Boston. Not a chance. He should be playing this one and sitting out the next one honestly

Reactions: LuckyNumber11

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
no way I’d play Hayton against Boston. Not a chance. He should be playing this one and sitting out the next one honestly

Maybe that thinking is the exact opposite of what they want to do. You're going to get hit in this league and everyone knows it. Yes the bruins are the bruins and if you wanna find out how hard people hit in this league and how physical they play, it doesn't get much better than

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Maybe that thinking is the exact opposite of what they want to do. You're going to get hit in this league and everyone knows it. Yes the bruins are the bruins and if you wanna find out how hard people hit in this league and how physical they play, it doesn't get much better than

Totally agree to a point. Coyotes are going to get outhit and out scored on Saturday though. Nothing to start your career off like a Brad Marchand nut check in your first game right?

Besides the fact that they're playing against Boston, he "earned" his spot. This isn't a 9 game tryout (or is it?).

The kid should be rewarded for making the roster and should play in game 1. If your first evaluation of the kid is a very likely ass kicking to the hands of Boston, he's probably going to sit a ton more. You play him game one, see if he needs a game to watch from the presser, and you give him a night off against the big bad bruins.

If he's the best player against Anaheim tonight, you don't bench him game two against Boston.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I agree...he should be playing tonight...which leads me to believe he will get moved back to the SOO after his 9-games unless he tears it up and he'll have a hard time doing that from the 3rd/4th line.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Anaheim seems to be a small favourite here with the bookies, I don't know why :D.

No spoortsbook-event on the game.

Hoping for the Yotes to show this teams go far. And yeah, more goals than last year would be good. :naughty:

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I agree...he should be playing tonight...which leads me to believe he will get moved back to the SOO after his 9-games unless he tears it up and he'll have a hard time doing that from the 3rd/4th line.
He'll be in Arizona all year. And based on last year's average, at least one forward headed to IR after tonight, which opens up a forward slot.

Either way, he likely dresses against Boston.

Reactions: Lawson of Anarchy

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Anaheim seems to be a small favourite here with the bookies, I don't know why :D.
1. Anaheim's playing at home.
2. John Gibson
3. and if memory serves, the Coyotes haven't won a road opener since Max Domi was a rookie.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Yotes 4 - Ducks 1. Goals: Hjalmarsson, Fischer, Grabner (SH) and Soderberg (EN).

Someone scores for the Ducks. Deflected and hopeless to save, but still very annoying for Kuemps.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

This may have been true in the past, but the Bruins have moved towards a more speed and skill-based team makeup. They were squarely in the middle of the league in hits per game last season. Lower than the Coyotes in fact. The "Big Bad bruins" are not really either thing anymore.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
1zJcOob.png

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I would definitely play Hayton against the Bruins - its not a 4 point game. They're an Eastern Conference team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad