Yandle-Ekblad
Matheson-Pysyk
Mccoshen-Petrovic

Roberto Luongo

Last edited:

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
No matter how good/bad Florida is they always play Tampa well. And not game related but the best hockey news of the day:

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Finally hockey is back!

Good for Booth, hopefully he does well in Detroit.

Who's everyone gonna blame this season if we start losing? Viola again?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Current [table ] [/ table] -system is broken, so we probably won't have the old style GDTs for the beginning of the season.

Depch

Aug 27, 2006
Delete account
Eklund ranked us 8th in the Atlantic. The worst...

Since the consensus in HFBoards is to ridicule the guy that he's rarely right and often bogus that fares good news for the Panthers?-)

ps. I have to add I have nothing against him and I don't personally support the mocking he gets. Everyone contributing to the NHL scene is respected in their own way. This just seemed like a good pun here and only fitting on HFBoards.

Last edited:

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
I think most rank us at about 6th in the division with just Detroit and Buffalo worse than us.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Most prognosticators have Florida between 24th and 26th with 82.5-86.5 points, so 8th is realistic. That said, they also have Florida ahead of Buffalo (who is a wildcard) and Detroit (who's gonna suck) so it's unfair as the general consensus is 6th. I can't see a way Florida is worse than Detroit.

Edit: beaten^

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Who's everyone gonna blame this season if we start losing? Viola again?

The Bjug Flu will make it's way around the locker room.
He will be sprung up as the scapegoat unless he gets 15-20 goals/40 pts. With Malgin and possibly Brickley or McCann on his line, he has a shot at it. Defensively, the 3rd line worries me a lot though. As said before, doubt they get any defensive zone face-offs at all.

As for the pre-talk, I think we shock and awe the Tampa crowd and skate off to a game #1 win.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Well I know who you are going to blame - Gudbransson.

lol
Ha, beat me to it. I was going to say Bjugstad, but either or.

As for the season, I feel that they could start slow. If they do, I think this board will go into to total melt down, firing suggested, trades demanded, and all the players being awful.
But I think in due time they will adjust and then we'll get to see just what we have and how good they can be.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Current [table ] [/ table] -system is broken, so we probably won't have the old style GDTs for the beginning of the season.

Hmm I'll have to see what, if anything, I can whip up for this Friday's game. If I haven't done so by Thursday night, feel free to put up something. I'm certainly not going to be able to do Saturday's though, as I'm out of town.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Hmm I'll have to see what, if anything, I can whip up for this Friday's game. If I haven't done so by Thursday night, feel free to put up something. I'm certainly not going to be able to do Saturday's though, as I'm out of town.
Dark blues are working to fix that, but they have a lot on the table, so idk how high up [ table] is. You can take a look at the old GDTs from last season and they're all a broken mess.

One thing I can think of is to screenshot the lines from dailyfaceoff.com, though their lines aren't always up to date.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Should be a good one.

Point<Huberdeau
Stamkos
>Barkov
Kucherov>Dadonov

Palat>McGinn
Johnson<Trocheck
Killorn<Vrbata

Kunitz>Brickley
Namestnikov>McCann
Callahan>Bjugstad

Brown=Haley
Gourde<MacKenzie
Paquette<Sceviour

Hedman>Yandle
Dotchin<Ekblad
Stralman
>Matheson
Sergachev<Pysyk
Coburn
>McCoshen
Girardi=Petrovic

Vasilevskiy<Luongo

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
As for the season, I feel that they could start slow. If they do, I think this board will go into to total melt down, firing suggested, trades demanded, and all the players being awful.
But I think in due time they will adjust and then we'll get to see just what we have and how good they can be.

I'm not expecting much. Just too many questionmarks and variables that can and at some point will go wrong.

Hopefully the guys buy in at least, I'm not too convinced about Boogie yet. Rookie coach on top of all the other changes.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Don’t think Stamkos is better than Barkov, he hasn’t been at that elite level since he broke his leg.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
I was just reading the 10-yr rewind thread on the main boards. 2007-2008. We sucked then too.

Why does it feel like we are living through a 30-Yr rebuild we should be a stanley cup contender by now for how long we have sucked. How many more top 5 picks do we need? What did Edmonton and Toronto do differently that we didn't do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad