GDT: [Game #1 Opening Night] Dallas Stars vs. St. Louis Blues – 7:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #1 – 10/12/2023 – 7:00 PM CT – BSSW (or who knows)
American Airlines Center

Your Dallas Stars vs. the St. Louis Blues
0-0-0, 0 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 0-0-0, 0 pts

S2Q26Rq.png
FdjOo58.png

uEDwjZ4.png

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

ztUaXq7.png

St. Louis Blues

Buchnevich - Thomas - Kyrou
Saad - Schenn - Kapanen
Vrana - Hayes - Blais
Toropchenko - Sundqvist - Neighbours

Leddy - Parayko
Krug - Faulk
Scandella - Tucker

Binnington

2fmwd0w.png

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
NHL torturing us with the Thursday start + 4 day break after not getting to watch much preseason.

:(

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
NHL torturing us with the Thursday start + 4 day break after not getting to watch much preseason.

:(
Normally I'd be right there with you but A) The Rangers are kicking ass so I've got something to distract me and B) This allows the injured guys time to rest up and not miss many games at all. That's a great thing.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Will be interesting to see how Seguin handles 1C right out of the gate. He was good with Hintz and Robo in the playoffs but was playing wing

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
Second straight opener that I can't watch because I have to work a high school football game. Give 'em hell in the GDT, fam. Win or lose, I expect nothing less than extreme hyperbole.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Second straight opener that I can't watch because I have to work a high school football game. Give 'em hell in the GDT, fam. Win or lose, I expect nothing less than extreme hyperbole.
I did that last Thursday and will next Thursday. Got lucky this week. If I can find a good stream.

Reactions: TangoMcBride
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Nice of DeBoer to remind us early that he's a goddamn liar when it comes to injuries and always massively downplays their severity. A guy could be in the ICU and DeBoer will tell reporters that it's a minor injury and he should be back on the ice in a week.

As far as the game, I try not to get my hopes up for opening night. The players have so much non-hockey garbage to deal with leading up to puck drop (like standing around for hours doing a season ticket holder event yesterday), that I just expect their opponent who is only focused on hockey to play significantly better, at least to start.

Last edited:

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Guessing this is opening night lines?

Robertson-Seguin-Pavelski
Benn-Johnston-Dadonov
Marchment-Duchene-Dellandrea
Steel- Faksa- Smith

Suter- Heiskanen
Lindell- Lundqvist
Harley- Hakanpaa

OETTINGER

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I think I've figured out Duchene's real reason for signing here - he's heard through veteran grapevine that Nill gives out the best silver sticks. Duchene only has 24 games to go, so he should have his in time for Christmas.

Also @Johno, I'm really digging the "Roope Hintz, trailer park meth dealer" avatar. His J-Roc cosplay is on point :thumbu: .

Last edited:
Reactions: Johno

serp

Jan 17, 2016
We've had alot of veterans get their milestone games in their first year after signing here in the last couple of years. Hamhuis , Cogs , Perry , Pavelski , Holtby and now Duchene . At some it might not actually be a coincidence .

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
I think I've figured out Duchene's real reason for signing here - he's heard through veteran grapevine that Nill gives out the best silver sticks. Duchene only has 24 games to go, so he should have his in time for Christmas.

Also @Johno, I'm really digging the "Roope Hintz, trailer park meth dealer" avatar. His J-Roc cosplay is on point :thumbu: .

I've never heard of this, do players always receive a silver stick when they hit 1,000 games? Now I'm wondering if guys get stuff for 1,000 points or 500 goals or other big milestones that some guys rarely hit.

We've had alot of veterans get their milestone games in there first year after signing here in the last couple of years. Hamhuis , Cogs , Perry , Pavelski , Holtby and now Duchene . At some it might not actually be a coincidence .
Jim Nill fetishizing old vets is the cause, this is just a quirky symptom.

Reactions: piqued

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I think for the other milestones (goals, points), that's left up to the team. I'm pretty sure the silver stick is a league-wide thing.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
For Holtbys 500th game he got a silver goalie stick ( i guess with goalies thats at 500 games which makes sense ) and Stars gave him that huge wine bottle on top.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Nice of DeBoer to remind us early that he's a goddamn liar when it comes to injuries and always massively downplays their severity. A guy could be in the ICU and DeBoer will tell reporters that it's a minor injury and he should be back on the ice in a week.

As far as the game, I try not to get my hopes up for opening night. The players have so much non-hockey garbage to deal with leading up to puck drop (like standing around for hours doing a season ticket holder event yesterday), that I just expect their opponent who is only focused on hockey to play significantly better, at least to start.

Hopefully their legs aren't tired from standing for a few hours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad