GDT: Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs 1/13/21 7:00pm EST SN, TVAS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I really hope one of our players lays out a huge hit right away to dictate the tempo.

AcrobaticRemarkableAnglerfish-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Over/Under.

Weber 3 shots.
Gallagher 3 shots
Danault 55% on the dot.
Anderson 3 credited body checks
Edmundson 2 credited body checks
Price 34 shots against
Byron 2 minutes of shorthanded time
Chairot 4 credited blocked shots
Toffoli 1 goal
Romanov 2 credit hits and 2 credited block.
Suzuki 50% on the dot.
Kotkaniemi 3 credit hits and fell down for no reason twice
Evans 53% on the dot
Lehkonen ruins 2 great scoring opportunities by shooting wide, or right into the chest of Andersen
Kulak 2 credited blocked shots
Petry 2 credited shore, 2 credited blocks, 2 credited hits and 1 point
Tatar 1 goal
Drouin shows up.
Armia 2 credited takeaways

I think that's everyone

Reactions: Rapala

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
7-0 Maple Leafs
Thornton with a 3G-2A night to get the first star
Leafs win the Cup after one game.

I want to see him score 4 (preferably not against us) I believe he promised to do some streaking if he ever has a 4 goal game

Reactions: PhysicX

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Don't take any penalties. I firmly believe our team will need about two-three weeks to be fully up to speed and begin playing our style of game consistently.

4 lines rolling, 40 seconds at a time.....Let's Go!!!

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Have a good day at work guys! Under 10 hours away!

I'll be stopping by a store on the way back home, get me some chips, some dip, some beef jerky and I'll be here with everybody for pre-game.

This season will be very special. The answer to a what-if, what if there was a Canadian league? I'll catch every game of the division on weekends. Plus, our team is at the best its been since we had Koivu, Kovalev, Markov & Hamrlik.

Will be a good one!

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Leafs have the matchups tonight, let's see...

Matthews line - sent against Suzuki's line, and the odd shift to exploit Evans' line
Tavares line - sent against Danault's line, and the odd shift against Kotkaniemi's line
Kerfoot's line - sent against Kotkaniemi's line, and the odd shift against Evans' line
Spezza's line - minimal ice time, sent against KK/Evans' line

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Leafs have the matchups tonight, let's see...

Matthews line - sent against Suzuki's line, and the odd shift to exploit Evans' line
Tavares line - sent against Danault's line, and the odd shift against Kotkaniemi's line
Kerfoot's line - sent against Kotkaniemi's line, and the odd shift against Evans' line
Spezza's line - minimal ice time, sent against KK/Evans' line
I am more worried about them exploiting Suzuki's line (Drouin had disastrous defensive impact, Anderson is likely just average) than them exploiting our 4th line, tbh.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I am more worried about them exploiting Suzuki's line (Drouin had disastrous defensive impact, Anderson is likely just average) than them exploiting our 4th line, tbh.

Valid concern. Have a little faith in Andy though, he's played PK before and will be very Matthews-aware tonight, in terms of helping out Suzuki.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Have a good day at work guys! Under 10 hours away!

I'll be stopping by a store on the way back home, get me some chips, some dip, some beef jerky and I'll be here with everybody for pre-game.

This season will be very special. The answer to a what-if, what if there was a Canadian league? I'll catch every game of the division on weekends. Plus, our team is at the best its been since we had Koivu, Kovalev, Markov & Hamrlik.

Will be a good one!
What kind of chips and what type of dip? I may go the same route.

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I think the Habs are the better team, and I think they'll win. Not sure what kind of game I am expecting. I have a feeling that most of the games this year are going to be really physical, at least in our division. I don't think the Leafs are built for this kind of game.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I think the Habs are the better team, and I think they'll win. Not sure what kind of game I am expecting. I have a feeling that most of the games this year are going to be really physical, at least in our division. I don't think the Leafs are built for this kind of game.

Play style will fall on the refs. They let 'em play, Leafs are in tough. Otherwise, it could be the Grand Festival of Power Plays out there.... and not in our favor.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
I've been trying to find a clip but I'm starting to think I might have hallucinated it.

It was Petry laying down a hit on Leafs player, and Matthews turning in front of him.

Anyone recalls that?

Reactions: Rapala and Deebs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad