GDT: Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs 1/13/21 7:00pm EST SN, TVAS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Figs roasting on an open fire ...

7q9PGvH.gif

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Everyone is talking about the Leafs being a great team this season. They do have some good pieces but I don't see a team more improved than last season.

Reactions: Rapala and Runner77

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Seeing Thornton and Vesey on the top-6 wings makes me feel less intimidated versus our top-6.

On the rush or counter-attack anyway, we're bound to see those top 2 lines play with their mobile top pair in a rover or otherwise odd formation to create lanes than aren't typically there. They'll want to maximize their ability to break the trap and it starts with having Reilly play up, Thornton play down (due to speed) which in some clips will show 2 - 2 - 1 on the ice. That's my thought on 'weakened' wings anyhow.

From a defensive standpoint you have those weaker guys on LW while we're running Andy, Gally and Toffoli there. Toffoli's first 3 steps are better than I expected, he looks motivated. So when Montreal has the puck they definitely need Matthews and Tavares to backcheck more than they did last year, especially when you have a horse like Anderson pushing Vesey away, cutting the ice left to the Brodie side and make a play there while shielding all of Brodie's 185 lbs from the puck. That's where Matthews comes in.

Reactions: Rapala

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
I don’t know if I’m sad or looking forward to new Montreal Canadiens next decade. Gone are the days of Subban/Pacioretty.

new core is now Suzuki/Kotkaniemi

Reactions: Rapala
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad