GDT: Game 1: Montreal Canadiens vs Toronto Maple Leafs 1/13/21 7:00pm EST SN, TVAS, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
rTSL6XF.jpg

6i9Nxl1.jpg

y54SQY1.jpg

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I mean, it continually is becoming less and less of a weapon. In fact the constant attempt of it is one of the biggest reasons our PP struggles.

Good powerplays have more than one weapon. Back when guys like souray and streit were scoring a boatload of goals from the point, one of the reasons was that you had a guy like kovalev on the right half wall who was unpredictable, and you had a legitimate, and seasoned PP quarterback in markov who could make those no look cross ice passes on the tape as well as anyone I've seen.

Ovechkin has been torching opponents on the PP for years, and everyone knows what's coming, but they can't do anything about it because if they cheat to him, Washington has had many other weapons that will burn you instead.

Any penalty kill at the nhl level should do relatively well against a one dimensional powerplay. Since Weber has been here, they haven't had that threat like kovalev or Cammalleri in the past that can take some attention off of him.

Even today, I think the PP will struggle unless they can find a one time threat on the right half wall. With that, they could move Suzuki to the point as a legimitate QB, and the entire complexion of the PP changes.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I suspect the hockey is not going to be great quality tommorow when it comes to execution. Teams will take a while to shake the cobwebs especially with the way training camps went down.

Having said that, I do hope the habs come out with urgency, and make an emotional mark in the game... Something to set the tone to the season to show they are excited about playing this year as much as the fans are excited to watch them.

Given the types of changes to the roster, it might take the habs a bit longer to come together than the average team, and that is a concern of mine heading into a shortened season, but hopefully they can find a way to pick up their share of points while they figure things out. There's just not enough runway this year to take an extended period of time to get things going.

Reactions: Rapala
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad