Post-Game Talk: Game 1: Let's Get This Show on the Road | Blues at Hawks | 7:00 PM CT | NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Can we make separate threads for the "sky is falling" people and the "normal"? This is a whole new level. It was one thing when it was just BWC and the occasional 50 rant but the sickness is spreading.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
The white nights are a real thing, this team keeps getting worse and worse and the reasons are obvious but when you are blind and in love you don't seem to see the problem. Open your eyes people. Motte is not as good as Shaw, neither is heartman.

6 AHLers

Heartman
Motte
Schmaltz
Tootoo
TVR
Hinztroza

These are players that bong in the AHL no matter how much you wanna sugar coat it and should have started there until one by one were brought in to a team where players around them were great so they live up to their potential and not just thrown in there surrounded by other AHLers. Keep laughing all you want but this team will have problem scoring goals and defending all season long and it will be a quick exit.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
The white nights are a real thing, this team keeps getting worse and worse and the reasons are obvious but when you are blind and in love you don't seem to see the problem. Open your eyes people. Motte is not as good as Shaw, neither is heartman.

scarecrow.jpg

Literally no one has said they are.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

6 AHLers

Heartman
Motte
Schmaltz
Tootoo
TVR
Hinztroza

These are players that bong in the AHL no matter how much you wanna sugar coat it and should have started there until one by one were brought in to a team where players around them were great so they live up to their potential and not just thrown in there surrounded by other AHLers. Keep laughing all you want but this team will have problem scoring goals and defending all season long and it will be a quick exit.

Sure, you can say the forward depth is not as good as it was in the past. But the good thing is, some or all of those young forwards should improve as the season goes on, and could make an impact by late season/playoff time.

I know it's hard to see so many non-sure things in the lineup, but even spending on a sure thing, like Ladd, doesn't garauntee a Cup. I'm okay with being patient to see if these four young forwards can carve out a role in the NHL, but it takes a little time and patience.

Keep in mind, the Capitals dominated last regular season, and what do they have to show for it?

As long as the Hawks' play builds and improves throughout the regular season, I'll be okay. I still fully expect the team to make the playoffs with what's here.

This is also ignoring the night and day difference in the team's defense from last year. TVR, playing a top-4 role last season, is now hardly good enough to see the ice. Also Gus, Rundblad, Sved all nowhere near this roster.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
One guy has for years carried inferior linemates on his back while other was gifted star wingers

Once #19 was asked to carry his line like Kane has for years,, He faltered

At 10.5M Toews needs to carry his line and carry team

No excuses for captain

One guy has been the best player on the team, or at worst 1a behind Keith for 8 of the 9 years of his career. The other guy had one amazing season bolstered by an unsustainable shooting percentage, while seeing the softer deployment afforded by the 1C ahead of him.

The idea that Kane 'carried' people is somewhat overstated given that his lines have always been the most sheltered, while Toews has the highest QoC rating of any player in the league from 2007 to now outside of Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Crosby and Giroux are examples of players carrying inferior players, because they're the ones facing down the toughest competition every night, not getting only Ozone starts against 3rd and 4th lines or 2nd and 3rd dpairs.

More over, Kane's 'inferior' linemates applies singularly to centers. He and Toews shared the same left-wingers since being split up. Sharp, Saad, Versteeg and Bickell are the primary LWs that both players have had. When Saad was with Toews, Sharp was with Kane. When Sharp was with Toews, Saad was with Kane.

Hossa and Kane, for the bulk of their time on the Blackhawks were a wash as far as RW talent. As Hossa has declined, Kane has become the clear best RW on the team.

So Kane has basically suffered only as far as centers, though I'd say you could point the blame squarely at Qball for failing to recognize that Michal Handzus was not an NHL player anymore in 2014. Kane finally got a good center, which helped his possession a ton.... though you claim he's a 3C anyway. :laugh:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

6 AHLers

Heartman
Motte
Schmaltz
Tootoo
TVR
Hinztroza

Were you on suicide watch through 2011-2012? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

This just in: Success drives up cost of players, forcing teams under salary cap to move them out and bring in new, young, raw talent.

It's a transition year. The Blackhawks were a 1-and-done team 2 seasons in a row as they built their depth back up post cap purge.

Maybe for your sanity and mental health, you should just stop watching hockey for a season or two and come back when Bowman is hoisting another cup.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The amount of hyperbole being thrown around is so annoying. BWC, if you had said Toews needs to be better pretty much everyone would have agreed with you. Instead he's stealing money from Rocky. You don't see any difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad