Crouse - Dauphin - White

Strome

OEL - Murphy
Goligoski - Schenn
Chychrun - McBain

Connauton
Tinordi
Michalek

I haven't done the math, but this has to be one of the youngest teams in Coyote history. Certainly the youngest of the Tippett era...no?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Maturity is a great way to just repeat more experienced.

As for stability, well - Tippet thought Nic Grossman was stable.

Dvorak hasn't even had the opportunity to show why Tippet put him in front of Strome and there's *****in' already. :(

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Dvorak hasn't even had the opportunity to show why Tippet put him in front of Strome and there's *****in' already. :(

No one cares that Dvorak is playing ahead of Strome, it's that Strome is sitting.

That's because Strome represents more than just a prospect player - he's the guy who's supposed to take the sting out of the fact that we didn't get McDavid or Eichel. It's an impossible position for him to be in.

That said, I am a bit nervous because Strome could end up with a Turris attitude if he gets dicked around by Tippett. I am hoping Strome has a much stronger and more mature personality than Turris, but you never know.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No one cares that Dvorak is playing ahead of Strome, it's that Strome is sitting.

That's because Strome represents more than just a prospect player - he's the guy who's supposed to take the sting out of the fact that we didn't get McDavid or Eichel. It's an impossible position for him to be in.

That said, I am a bit nervous because Strome could end up with a Turris attitude if he gets dicked around by Tippett. I am hoping Strome has a much stronger and more mature personality than Turris, but you never know.

Strome is sitting because of Strome, and Strome is not getting dicked around by DT. Time for Strome to get his head out of his a-- and play like he is capable. This is the NHL, not junior.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

The impossible position is created by the inane Canadian junior player rules that dictate when you can play in the AHL far as I'm concerned.

I don't really care if he's deemed not ready so much as the idea of him practicing and being a scratch half the time is pretty stupid. There's no good answer here as he's clearly surpassed the need to play in the OHL.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Sit Dauphin. Go Hanzal dvo Strome Richardson down the middle. Simple.

Dauphin now and in the future is no more than a 4c on this team.

Take maturity to the hockey rink and see how many goals you come home with.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
The impossible position is created by the inane Canadian junior player rules that dictate when you can play in the AHL far as I'm concerned.

I don't really care if he's deemed not ready so much as the idea of him practicing and being a scratch half the time is pretty stupid. There's no good answer here as he's clearly surpassed the need to play in the OHL.

Zurich has a hole at center this year after Matthews's departure.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

I hate this rule. Really hurts player development for those that have nothing else to learn/prove in juniors but are not quite ready for the NHL.

Strome and Dvo need to be playing every day, either in Glendale or Tucson.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Good grief..... people were knocking on Strome during the preseason about being quiet or invisible. Now everyone is tweaked over the fact that Dvorak and Dauphin walked in and took his spot.

The biggest point I've read here about Strome is he's slow on the feet the first initial steps. By being here he gets access to Dawn Braid to work on that.

There was also criticism that he was floating through rookie camp as if he already felt he had a spot and acted like it. Maybe some of that carried into regular camp as well?? If so, then he needed a kick in the ass and this is what he needs.

I really don't get why so many people are acting like their dog just got shot. :shakehead

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015

It's hardly a stupid rule, the CHL has to make money and bring in crowds too, if you take the players out who are AHL ready you would make the league much worse overall. They run the league like a business, and if you're a business you want to be profitable. Its an imperfect system like everything in life because there will always be the few players who are ready to move up a league, it's their teams jobs to make the tough decisions and develop them as players, not the CHL's.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona

I don't think he's being dicked around at this point. DVO was much better in camp and in preseason, he earned the 2c spot. What is a bit odd is not putting Strome in at 3C, pushing down Richardson and putting Dolphin on his wing. Then sending Crouse to Jr.

It's only one game, though. We'll see how things go.

Good grief..... people were knocking on Strome during the preseason about being quiet or invisible. Now everyone is tweaked over the fact that Dvorak and Dauphin walked in and took his spot.

I don't think a single person is upset that Dvo earned the 2C spot. Not one person.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Zurich has a hole at center this year after Matthews's departure.

I wish we/he would do this. I really do. Is it possible or does the OHL have some kind of hold on his rights? I don't know how all that stuff works.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
If you want someone who has actually learned the piece playing where the music's from, what I used for the GDT starts at about 2:23 here:

Domingue's part is the last few bars. I also screwed it up.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
What is a bit odd is not putting Strome in at 3C, pushing down Richardson and putting Dolphin on his wing.

Strome isn't in a position yet to be a 3C, IMO. I'd rather him sit than be on the 3rd or 4th lines. You give him ice time in games to play to his strengths, and he's best utilized as a playmaker or scorer rather than being a defensive forward for his first games.

I'd be fine with seeing Strome and Dvorak alternate for the first few games at 2C. Give each of them a chance to fight for his spot. When I said "dicked around" earlier I meant if Tippett has Strome in the press box for three, four, or five games straight; that's a waste of a prospect, and moreover it costs the team money. Get it over with and send him back to juniors if you're going to do that.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Omg Tippett playing Dauphin and Richardson over Strome would be hilarious. Just when we think Tippett has changed, Strome get Turrissed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad