Y02wUkv.png
UzNd7fS.png

qmQApYI.png
cRl6wvM.png

Og1f4Dc.png

gzzXJJA.png

T5EROHf.png

Da Capo al Fine, howl on!

If we lose, I'm blaming Frédéric Chopin.

Bad rendition of the music for those who may be confused:

Last edited:

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
"I'll take the home opener, if no one else wants to. I'm sure I can come up with something." - Ethereal Whisper

24 hours later, the "something" turns out to be yet another masterpiece! Fantastic work! :clap:

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Creative? Yes, but what the hell does it mean?

Opening few bars are the funeral march, which Shane Doan quickly cuts (he's the conductor). OEL, Goligoski, Domi, Duclair, and Strome then "combine" (as indicated by their poorly-positioned photos) to play something, and Domingue adds a melancholy ending.

Mike Smith then makes his contribution with the "shave and a haircut" melody, to which DM facepalms (I couldn't find a picture of Doan facepalming).

"Da Capo al Fine" is a music instruction meaning to go back to the beginning and play to the marked "fine" and that's the end. It loosely translates to "from the top (again) until the end."

I can play what OEL/Goli/Domi/Duke/Strome combine to play later on today some time.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Opening few bars are the funeral march, which Shane Doan quickly cuts (he's the conductor). OEL, Goligoski, Domi, Duclair, and Strome then "combine" (as indicated by their poorly-positioned photos) to play something, and Domingue adds a melancholy ending.

Mike Smith then makes his contribution with the "shave and a haircut" melody, to which DM facepalms (I couldn't find a picture of Doan facepalming).

"Da Capo al Fine" is a music instruction meaning to go back to the beginning and play to the marked "fine" and that's the end. It loosely translates to "from the top (again) until the end."

I can play what OEL/Goli/Domi/Duke/Strome combine to play later on today some time.

I remember 7th grade music class...never understood it then either.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Hi ARZ fans - can someone please post the starting line-up?

We don't really know it for sure yet.

Here were the lines for today's practice ......

Which translates to

Domi - Hanzal - Vrbata
Rieder - Dvorak - Duclair
Martinook - Richardson - Doan
Crouse - Dauphin - White

Strome

OEL - Murphy
Goligoski - Schenn
Chychrun - McBain

Connauton
Tinordi
Michalek

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Pretty disappointed Strome doesn't get the opener. So many top picks are having excellent debuts. I realize it is a process and that Strome has the talent but it needs more development but still :(

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Pretty disappointed Strome doesn't get the opener. So many top picks are having excellent debuts. I realize it is a process and that Strome has the talent but it needs more development but still :(

I think it speaks a lot about how Tippett and co. view the battle between Dvorak and Strome. Wonder if Strome takes over at 2C for game 2...

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Half expected Strome to get scratched. I know we're a little antsy, but what about this?

When McGinn comes back, he slides into 3rd line LW. Strome centers him, with Doan on his wing.

McGinn - Strome - Doan
Martinook - Richardson - White

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Here's an idea. Scratch Richardson, not Strome. Dummies.

I like Strome probably more than most, but the Richardson, Doan and Martinook were excellent for us last year. Strome has to pick it up. He reminded me of Perline in rookie camp and I still don't think he looks comfortable.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: