GDT: Game 1: Columbus at Buffalo | 10/9 7PM EDT

major major

Feb 18, 2013
the defense looked good. Erixon impressed me probably the most out of all of the defensemen ... going to make for some tough decisions once Murray is healthy.

To me there's no question that Erixon should be playing at least 16 minutes a night for us, if not 20+. He's too good to scratch.

I'd work Murray back in gradually and if outplays Savard, put him on the top pair with Jack.

Murray-Jack
Erixon-Wiz
Tyutin-Savard

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Good start! Wennberg looks like the real deal, he's not going anywhere. Bob was very good. And for all the Boll haters, his line was very good all night, played in the offensive zone most of the time and he had an assist, he looks healthy, made good decisions with the puck, had a couple of good shots and stood up for Skille. So everyone get off the dude for a bit, it's getting very old...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Don't force the Boll hate for no reason, he did the right thing, he stuck up for his teammate

By punching a dude when all he did was shove Skille with an upcoming PP because of it? No, he made the wrong play.

He played a good game, but that was one of his questionable moments.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Not against Weber he cant. Without Boll being right there the odds of Skille dropping them and getting beat up was pretty high. I cant believe all you guys are complaining about this. Boll also nearly had a goal high glove that I'm sure none of you guys even realized.

You know who does look like **** out there? I think you guys know.

But Savard and Johnson look like a legit #1 pair.

98% of the people on here don't understand the roll of a Boll, I thought Boll's line was very good tonight. I think they all hate on him because the girls all like him, haha

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
By punching a dude when all he did was shove Skille with an upcoming PP because of it? No, he made the wrong play.

He played a good game, but that was one of his questionable moments.

He shoved Skille aggressively from behind and didn't show signs of letting up, as he was sticking up for his teammate that Skille hit cleanly, like a good teammate should, I will take that every day of the week, we win by being aggressive and not backing down in the other teams barn, not by drawing power plays.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Hartnell's play on the Buffalo goal reminded me of how I used to play defense in NHL '94; I would just rush towards the puck carrier, and when I missed, I would just keep alternating players until there was no one left between the opponent and the goal. :laugh:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
He shoved Skille aggressively from behind and didn't show signs of letting up, as he was sticking up for his teammate that Skille hit cleanly, like a good teammate should, I will take that every day of the week, we win by being aggressive and not backing down in the other teams barn, not by drawing power plays.

I am fine with Boll assisting his teammate who was getting shoved or grabbed onto. But the guy didn't throw punches at Skille, or Boll, and he was given a penalty for roughing. Boll should have been smarter, and just restrained the guy. There's a line between being a good teammate and being stupid, he went on the stupid side. But other than that he played a good game.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Really solid game for a team whose top six has been decimated. Honestly the most pleasant surprise was how good alot of the young guys looked. Wennberg and Dano are going to be hard to send down at this rate.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I really liked what I saw out there. This team is much faster than last year. All the "AHLers" showed they belonged. They are playing a quick tenacious game. We are going to be fine.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
You would rather have Skille in the box than Boll?

Boller had a good game. I think you can come up with better arguments in his defense than saying "He spared our fourth line winger from having to sit in the box".

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I really liked what I saw out there. This team is much faster than last year. All the "AHLers" showed they belonged. They are playing a quick tenacious game. We are going to be fine.

I wouldn't be so quick. You might be right but the real test for the youngins isn't going to be game 1 against Buffalo, it'll be later on when they're running out of gas against the better teams. Wennberg is ready to play a top-six role (though I'd still prefer to make him do it on the topline in the AHL for a stint), Chaput looks great out there, and Dano sometimes does. I think Dano will be hard pressed to stick once we get healthy.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
I was here pumping Wennbergs tires when you guys drafted him. Watched CBJ's today just to check him out. Gonna miss that kid in Sweden, cause he isn't going anywhere..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad