Tyutin-Prout
Erixon-Wisnewski

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

Thoughts on these lines?

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Lets get it on. Im still pretty concerned with the lineup. Any of those combinations as your 1st line is not a playoff contending team. Joey is the only top 3 player in this lineup. Bob needs to stand on his head this 1st month to keep us in the hunt

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I think it is a decent lineup that, if they play "Blue Jackets hockey", can beat Buffalo. And that is all they have to do tonite: beat Buffalo.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I don't like Wennberg on the first line at all. But Richards shakes his lines up pretty quickly. I would prefer to give Dano a more prominent role than Wennberg. But that reflects nothing more than my own personal preferences.

JoeCBJfan

Jun 11, 2014
I expect:

Hartnell - RyJo - Cam
Folingo - Arty - Dano
Cal - Letestu - Wenn
Skille - Chaput - Boll

Just because of PK chem. Arty- Folingo, and Cal-Letestu.

Richards thinks Defense First

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Sabres will be stoked. They are going to be one of the Eastern teams playing with a chip on their shoulders this season.

Look for some line shuffling from the CBJ tonight. Hopefully Dano and Wennberg shake off the butterflies early.

If CBJ are able to weather the initial Buffalo emotion induced storm, I think they will win.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Bob needs to be huge the first ten minutes of the game - can't let in an early one.

Think we're going to see some really disjointed hockey from the Jackets - these lines won't have much chemistry.

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Glad the CBJ are back! I couldn't take much more of the "Joey" thread. :D Need to have the guys step up and play Jackets hockey. Bob will need to be sharp. Go Jackets!!!

CentreKeeper12

TheCentreKeeper
May 24, 2009
Columbus, OH
http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com.../jackets-out-to-avoid-another-slow-start.html

Don't expect us to break the recent trend of horrible starts but i'm hoping we can at least tread water until Johansen returns to form and some of the injured come back.

Hope Bob is sharp.

Given how this them normal does things like crap their pants when people think they can make noise(2011-2012) or fight to the ned for a playoff spot(2013), I bet with the injuries that have pilled up and with how long Joey wasn't here, this will be the year the Jackets kick butt right out of the gate

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
We need to weather the storm and play .500 hockey til November. This is a huge game, gotta get a point imo.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Hartnell-Johansen-Wennberg
Calvert-Anisimov-Atkinson
Foligno-Letestu-Dano
Skille-Chaput-Boll

Johnson-Savard
Tyutin-Prout
Erixon-Wisnewski

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

Thoughts on these lines?

Cam is our only 1st line ready RW. I love Wennberg but it's not best to throw him on the top line yet. My expectations for Atkinson are high this year, especially if he gets significant time with Joey. This has gotta be his year if he can stay healthy.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Cam is our only 1st line ready RW. I love Wennberg but it's not best to throw him on the top line yet. My expectations for Atkinson are high this year, especially if he gets significant time with Joey. This has gotta be his year if he can stay healthy.
I remember so many times last year where Cam just kept getting bad puck luck and he still somehow got 20+ goals on the season. Assuming he can have even a little bit of luck this season and he plays on the PP/with Joey, 30 goals isn't entirely ridiculous to think about.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Icing Jared Boll with Tropp and Cracknell available? Dumb.

Yeah, I mean why would you put the longest tenured Jacket in the lineup and a solid veteran presence, who is one of the captains and had a great camp, with a rookie heavy/youngster lineup, on the road, when you can put a guy that has one practice with the team under his belt with the organization and was cut by another team. I don't get it either...

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Icing Jared Boll with Tropp and Cracknell available? Dumb.

Huh? Neither player offers an upgrade to Boll, just different strengths and weaknesses (and Cracknell has barely been on the ice with the other CBJ players). I would think that for this game, what Boll brings to a lineup is going to be valued more than what either of the other two offer.

I know we're all tired of Boller and that he's making more money than he probably should, but damned if he isn't the ultimate "familiarity breeds contempt" poster child.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Some fun facts I've gathered for the game tonight....If there's someone who loves playing Buffalo, it's Hartnell. Scotty has 28 points in 32 career games against the Sabres. Enroth, starting for the Sabres tonight has a brutal track record in his career against #CBJ ... 4.74 GAA, save percentage of .882. And the last fun fact I have is in just seven career games against Buffalo, Jared Boll has 32 penalty minutes and no, that wasn't a typo. Boller.... Go Jackets!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad