GDT: GAME #1: Canucks vs. Flames | 7:00 p.m. on HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
So the guy who buys my tickets (for a group of 3 or 4 others as well) had the tickets tonight and he gave them away to anyone who wanted them for nothing. Tells you something.

And the Horvat situation - he gets 4th line minutes, but also time on the PP and the PK. Its not as dire as made out on here. And Granlund needs supporting players more than Horvat. I understand it sort of, even if i don't like it.

The problem isn't really that he's on the "4th line." The problem is that all of our line combos are ridiculous and predictably none of them are capable of generating any offense..

It's dead easy to come up with combos that make sense.

sedins-Hansen -- they were good last year, why break it up just because you have a shiny new toy?
Baertschi-Horvat-Eriksson -- this would be a cromulent "second line"
Burrows-Sutter-Virtanen -- this would be an actual good checking line with some offense.
Gaunce-Granlund-Whatever -- whatever.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
After 2 periods, ice time for Canuck centers:

Henrik: 11:46
Horvat: 10:56
Granlund: 10:52
Sutter: 10:36

Sutter is our 4th line center!

In shots on goal, Bo, Gudbranson and Larsen lead the team, tied with ... 2!?!

Roll 'dem lines WD, let nothing get in the way of the order.

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
After 2 periods, ice time for Canuck centers:

Henrik: 11:46
Horvat: 10:56
Granlund: 10:52
Sutter: 10:36

Sutter is our 4th line center!

In shots on goal, Bo, Gudbranson and Larsen lead the team, tied with ... 2!?!

Willie makes sense now

the guy just values having 4 lines that are as balanced as possible without being completely insane

somehting like

Gaunce Henrik Hansen
Baertschi Granlund Dorsett
Daniel Sutter Burrows
Erikson Horvat Virtanen

would be his pure dream

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
The problem isn't really that he's on the "4th line." The problem is that all of our line combos are ridiculous and predictably none of them are capable of generating any offense..

Understood ... but who would you put out as a threat? I can't think of any combination without the Sedins that would constitute a legitimate 2nd line threat.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Willie makes sense now

the guy just values having 4 lines that are as balanced as possible without being completely insane

somehting like

Gaunce Henrik Hansen
Baertschi Granlund Dorsett
Daniel Sutter Burrows
Erikson Horvat Virtanen

would be his pure dream

Having Mikail Granlund would be a dream for me too

You ninja edit

BloatedGuppy

Jun 29, 2007
Vancouver
So the guy who buys my tickets (for a group of 3 or 4 others as well) had the tickets tonight and he gave them away to anyone who wanted them for nothing. Tells you something.

And the Horvat situation - he gets 4th line minutes, but also time on the PP and the PK. Its not as dire as made out on here. And Granlund needs supporting players more than Horvat. I understand it sort of, even if i don't like it.

It's nice in theory, but Horvat is one of the only players on the team who can generate offensive chances. Realistically, he should be playing with Granlund and Baertschi both in the hopes of creating a 2nd unit that has a prayer of scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad