GDT: GAME #1: Canucks vs. Flames | 7:00 p.m. on HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Missed it, what were they referring to?
Why Horvat would be on the 4th line.

Kypreos said Horvat was one of our best players in the 2nd half and why wouldn't we want him to continue that, instead of playing him on the 4th line.

Then Friedman basically said, "I dunno.... I am just trying to think of reasons why they'd do this"

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
After 2 periods, ice time for Canuck centers:

Henrik: 11:46
Horvat: 10:56
Granlund: 10:52
Sutter: 10:36

Sutter is our 4th line center!

The lowest ice time among Canuck forwards was Virtanen at 6:05, Dorsett at 6:58 and Burrows at 7:34. Virtanen was out for part of the 1st period hurt, the others were to be Bo's linemates-and the only forwards with more time than Bo so far are the Sedins, Eriksson and Hansen.

In shots on goal, Bo, Gudbranson and Larsen lead the team, tied with ... 2 !?!

Beansy*

Sep 10, 2016
They were discussing Horvat and questioning him being on the 4th line when he was essentially our best player at the end of last year

Willie Desjardins has no respect around the league or within the media.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver

Kypreos said Horvat was one of our best players in the 2nd half and why wouldn't we want him to continue that, instead of playing him on the 4th line.

Then Friedman basically said, "I dunno.... I am just trying to think of reasons why they'd do this"

He seems to walk on eggshells when talking about the Canucks and it's a shame. I enjoyed Friedman takes on the Canucks through the years

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Up until now I thought Willie was daft but pretty harmless, and perfectly fine for a team in our situation.

I no longer think this. He is a dangerous idiot.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
They were discussing Horvat and questioning him being on the 4th line when he was essentially our best player at the end of last year

Thanks guys!

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
So the guy who buys my tickets (for a group of 3 or 4 others as well) had the tickets tonight and he gave them away to anyone who wanted them for nothing. Tells you something.

And the Horvat situation - he gets 4th line minutes, but also time on the PP and the PK. Its not as dire as made out on here. And Granlund needs supporting players more than Horvat. I understand it sort of, even if i don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad