GDT: GAME #1! - Canucks vs. Ducks - part 2 - New Season, Same Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Our offense is just horrendous. But I'm not surprised considering were icing the same team as last year's King's series.

Besides the Sedins there's really nothing else there. When will AV learn to start incorparating skilled players instead of journeymen plugs (ebbett, etc).

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Three things:

1.) Call up Schroeder...I don't care if that means we might lose Cam "3rd overall" Barker on the waiver wire
2.) Fire Arniel for ruining our prospects' development and confidence this year.
3.) Pray to god Kesler gets back to 100% pdq

GCM

Stork
Jun 22, 2010
scrounging for positives

Garrison looks good
Hamhuis contributing offensively
Hansen looking good
Weise has made a lot of improvements in his play

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
I think Vigneault lost the room some time last season, and even if he hasn't its time for a change, they guy never has them ready to start the season

John Bender*

Thanks to Kelley Hrudey, I will be listening to the French or Punjabi feed next Saturday night.

Hrudey can't form sentences is coherent fashion during the intermissions, how do they expect him to on the fly during a game? Bizarre.

TheDiver*

Why am I not surprised? The Fourth Line is like our third/second line now, no changes made even though we had a humuliating defeat against the Kings.

Ebbett? Why is this plug even in our team. Can't win a single face-off... heck that second line is being used as a fourth line now.

:help:

Why did we send Schroeder back again?

Because he's an average player in the AHL.

Cocoa Crisp

Mar 8, 2006
NYC
Lots of sloppy ugly hockey.

I suppose my positives are Volpatti, Garrison... errr... ? Hansen has been okay :)

Liked the traffic up front in the first period and the shots through traffic below the hashmarks. Also liked that the forwards were actually in a position to bang-in rebounds.

The rest: :thumbd:

John Bender*

I think Vigneault lost the room some time last season, and even if he hasn't its time for a change, they guy never has them ready to start the season

Hahaha. They won the President's Trophy last year dude. I am down on them tonight too, but fire the coach now? Cmon.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Our offense is just horrendous. But I'm not surprised considering were icing the same team as last year's King's series.

Besides the Sedins there's really nothing else there. When will AV learn to start incorparating skilled players instead of journeymen plugs (ebbett, etc).

Think i'm going to have to blame the coaching for this one.

Team is just not ready and that happens pretty much every October too.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Remember when the younger Rask stole the crease from the older Tim Thomas? Thomas stole it back and then Boston went on to win the cup with Thomas as the MVP.

Will history repeat itself?

Feb 28, 2002
Abbotsford, BC
Visit site

While it is true that it is (very) early to be freaking out...the fact of the matter is that this team has been a horrible starter for years now. With the shortened season, another bad start will make things really tough to get home ice advantage to start the playoffs.

There is a lot of precedence to be worried about a slow start and the effects it may have.

I just want the team healthy and firing on all cylinders, but it seems the players are just not capable of doing so...

I have faith in the team but not the coach... it really is ridiculous cause no one here seems to be able to actually call it like it is aside from a few... as mentioned above AV ran his course last sping, but GMMG is lost in some wierd inifinite loop of loyalty.

Bottom line is the team is too small and not tough enough, and not deep enough. Ducks exposing this team mightely tonight. All you have to do is shove them around.

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
It's funny how fast people flip on Schneider. Do I need to remind you why he took over in the playoffs last year? After Luongo's umpteenth collapse. Luongo has been blown out tons of times. I'm not sure if Cory will be awesome by try to be a little objective, it's one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad