Post-Game Talk: GAME 1 - BRUINS 3 Chicago 1

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I am glad we won. I have been thinking about this game. IMO Carlos doing a blindside hit on Taylor Hall deserved an ejection because the NHL is trying to do away these type of hits. NHL put your actions where your mouth is.

The other thing I have been thinking about our new Captain and his disrespect towards Bedard with his move to welcome Bedard to the Boston Bruins. The Bruins will meet the Blackhawks on October 24 in Chicago. Does the Blachawks have anything planned to take out for the season one of our players?

Yeah, that Carlo hit was surprising to me and I thought it was a bad hit.

Reactions: Maine Fan

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I am glad we won. I have been thinking about this game. IMO Carlos doing a blindside hit on Taylor Hall deserved an ejection because the NHL is trying to do away these type of hits. NHL put your actions where your mouth is.

The other thing I have been thinking about our new Captain and his disrespect towards Bedard with his move to welcome Bedard to the Boston Bruins. The Bruins will meet the Blackhawks on October 24 in Chicago. Does the Blachawks have anything planned to take out for the season one of our players?

What disrespect? And why would they look to injure Marchand for the year for this imaginary slight?

Last edited by a moderator:

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
I don't think this is true.

If it were, we'd put a ton of value on those players who accumulate 200+ hits instead of the lazy argument of "If you're outhitting the other team, that means you're constantly chasing the puck"
I have no idea what you are talking about but it is a fact that it won't be registered as a hit for the stats side of things unless it results in a change of possession.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
He also snuck into hospitals to imitate a doctor, wheel an injured Espo out of his room, down the hall, through a door they broke to get out, and down the street to a bar.
True story. Thanks for posting.

Espo badly hurt his knee in Game 2 in the 73 first round series that they lost to the Rangers. The team had a breakup party, and as always, Orr was all about the team, and no teammate was going to miss the party because of something as minor as a knee injury. So they came to the hospital and "fetched" Espo, bed and all.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I have no idea what you are talking about but it is a fact that it won't be registered as a hit for the stats side of things unless it results in a change of possession.
So Radko Gudas created 667 turnovers in the last two seasons? If that’s the case, he should be one of the most sought after d-men on the planet, no?

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
You didn't watch the game then.

Oh, I watched the game. There was nothing that happened that would make the Blackhawks want to purposely injure Marchand or any other Bruin for the season. That's close to a Bertuzzi level incident you're suggesting. Unreal.

That's not true. That might be the " by the book " definition but the counting stats are different from stadium to stadium because they all have different standards.

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
I don't know what it is. I thought I deleted that post

I was going to ask how missed shots resulted in a -1 for gryz.t then changed my mind. I didn't think missed shots had anything to do with +-. No big deal.
Well, the - came on a play where Lauko got beat at the B's blueline by a give, and go, which resulted in Gryz facing a 2-on-1 where he only allowed a bad angle shot by Bedard, but Coyle, and Carlo skated by the net(covering opposing skaters to be fair), but getting in Gryz's way, and leaving the right side open for Bedard to do his wraparound.

TLDR: the - wasn't Gryz's fault.

That - could have turned in to an even, or a + is if 1 or 2 of those chances he helped create had gone in the net.

I'm just not a fan of the +/- stat, that's all.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3